Author Topic: Finally coming back...  (Read 1037 times)

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • Savage Doesn't Even Begin To Describe It
Finally coming back...
« on: 10 July 2018, 13:31:36 »
It's been a while but I'm finally getting back in Btech.  After stupidly selling all of my figs, books, terrain...well, guess I'll start from scratch!

Just in time, too, since I believe the rulebook is coming out later this month and a new starter set in November, right?

Anyways, glad to be back in the cockpit!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Finally coming back...
« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2018, 14:00:16 »
The box is coming in varying levels of soon™️ (Alleged release Q3). Total Warfare is getting a reprint this year (5th printing, newest errata incorporated into the book in print since 2006).

« Last Edit: 10 July 2018, 18:51:19 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2018, 14:05:58 »
If you tend to play only with 'Mechs, all you need is the BattleMech Manual: https://bg.battletech.com/test/core-rulebooks/battlemech-manual/

And it's available now.

I have spoken.

Kos

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 10 July 2018, 14:30:33 »
Welcome back! Not sure about the new printing of Total Warfare, I think the official line is just 'sometime this summer'. I'm looking to pick one up so I've been looking for a release date too.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #4 on: 11 July 2018, 00:35:11 »
Welcome back! Not sure about the new printing of Total Warfare, I think the official line is just 'sometime this summer'. I'm looking to pick one up so I've been looking for a release date too.

It was available at Origins this year, so it will probably be available at Gen Con. Then wider availability after that. (No special knowledge on my part, just saw it at CGL's booth.)
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #5 on: 12 July 2018, 21:03:43 »
It was available at Origins this year, so it will probably be available at Gen Con. Then wider availability after that. (No special knowledge on my part, just saw it at CGL's booth.)

The updated printing of Total Warfare was at Origins, and will be available at Gen Con as well.

Last word from management I got was that the book should be available in wide release at the end of this month, July. I'll try to confirm an exact street date.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Register