Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 165898 times)

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #1530 on: 25 April 2020, 02:58:00 »
Close Combat was in many ways a real time Steel Panthers, especially III (Eastern Front), where you had one combat group and led it through entire grand campaign. It was heart breaking if a veteran tank crew got wiped out. You also had to deal with unit fatigue during sub-campaigns and upgrade your force between the missions.
However, the ability to load the infantry onto the half track or hitch up a gun only came with V.
I have heard mixed opinions about the new one, mostly due to new graphic engine, but my policy is to wait with new releases anyway, so most of the bugs can be ironed out.

However if you want tactical combat in any theater of WWII, the only alternative to Steel Panthers is Steel Panthers.
Shoot first, laugh later.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1531 on: 25 April 2020, 09:46:33 »
However if you want tactical combat in any theater of WWII, the only alternative to Steel Panthers is Steel Panthers.
Though they don't have Asia nor Pacific, Combat Mission and Battle Academy series are also worth to look at.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1532 on: 25 April 2020, 10:13:11 »
Beat Persona 5 Royal, which means that now it's time for New Game Plus mode.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1533 on: 26 April 2020, 11:01:40 »
https://www.pcgamer.com/mechwarrior-5s-dlc-is-delayed-but-will-be-expanded/
well looks like mech 5 expansion is delayed...not that it was not unexpected
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #1534 on: 26 April 2020, 12:35:23 »
halo master chef collection
Oh man!  And here I thought I was the only one calling it that!   ;D

Or was that a typo on your part?   :-\   Because I DO call it "The Master Chef Collection" !!   :D

Gaming wise,  I finished "Metro: Exodus" a few weeks back, and "Terminator: Resistance" a few days ago, both on the XBone.  At least "Resistance" wasn't the dumpster-fire train-wreck that was known as "Terminator: Salvation".   :P  That was the 1st XBone game I ever traded in, and would've been the only if I hadn't bought "Pillars of Eternity".  While I LIKED "Pillars", THEY made it so it was Unplayable for me where I lived.  It kept checking for some BS "Validation", which was IMPOSSIBLE for it to find since I had no internet at home at the time.  Went back to the game store where I was updating my consoles, and it played fine, In The Store. Got it home, couldn't play it.  >:(  Traded it in and never looked back.

I need to get back to playing "Days Gone" and/or "The Last of Us".  Bummed out LoU2 has been delayed, along with "Cyberpunk 2077".   :'(
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Kentares

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1535 on: 26 April 2020, 12:57:04 »
Close Combat was in many ways a real time Steel Panthers, especially III (Eastern Front), where you had one combat group and led it through entire grand campaign...

I had a blast with CC series all those years ago. Now Im in a Space Engineers mood.
Star Wars ST and Star Trek current shows are crap.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1536 on: 26 April 2020, 17:55:42 »
ok nostalgia kick...since my original ps1 gone missing after i had been robbed back in 98 i hardly ever went back to play it with exception of ramna 1/2 and macross games over my friends who still have them...
final fantasy VII on emulator had been now my steady game for 2 days straight...very unusual for me i foind it i like it as much as i liked it then when i played it for first time
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1537 on: 27 April 2020, 15:52:36 »
Just finished playing the PS2 game Fireblade a more modern Airwolf.

Nice game, hell it's complicated but pretty standard playing.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1538 on: 28 April 2020, 22:52:49 »
Picked up Gears Tactics today. Haven't played too much yet, but, from what little I have played I'm digging it so far. Gears of War meets Xcom. :thumbsup:

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1539 on: 29 April 2020, 23:22:29 »
ok never again will i play skyrym with thomas the tank engine or randy savage mods!
nope! and whole lot of NOPE!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1540 on: 30 April 2020, 03:28:57 »
autotune bears

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #1541 on: 02 May 2020, 17:25:07 »
Total War: Empire

I'm playing Sweden and we possess Texas. :)
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1542 on: 03 May 2020, 17:47:49 »
Streets of Rage 4 got released this week, for people who want a little classic 90s beat 'm up action.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1543 on: 03 May 2020, 19:26:35 »
Like mega man 11 the asking price is a bit steep. Will wait for a sale

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #1544 on: 03 May 2020, 20:07:06 »
Rekindling my skills at X-Wing Alliance

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1545 on: 04 May 2020, 13:31:07 »
Dynasty Warriors 5 for PS2!

Feeling bored so started playing it at 5 PM yesterday, forgot to sleep!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1546 on: 05 May 2020, 07:21:59 »
Crazy Taxi (via Steam)  I've forgot what how much fun the old arcade / console games were.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #1547 on: 14 May 2020, 01:00:14 »
Mech Merc Company (Early Access) (via Steam).  It gave me the nostalgia of old mech games from the 90s such as the Mechwarrior 2 series, Heavy Gear, etc. (yes I'm aware of Earth/Starsiege when I was a kid)

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #1548 on: 14 May 2020, 06:06:10 »
I normally don't even consider early access games, but now I went and bought Jupiter Hell. Still has a strong element of the DRL, but enough has changed to warrant some learning. There is more different weapons and gear, two new ammo types, but number of storage places has been reduced to 12. Shotguns still rule, until you run out of ammo that is. No diagonal move, so I'm not sure how melee builds work.
No mouse support was the biggest change for me though, as I came to DRL long after it was implemented.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2020, 00:14:44 by PsihoKekec »
Shoot first, laugh later.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1549 on: 14 May 2020, 06:39:48 »
Mech Merc Company (Early Access) (via Steam).  It gave me the nostalgia of old mech games from the 90s such as the Mechwarrior 2 series, Heavy Gear, etc. (yes I'm aware of Earth/Starsiege when I was a kid)

If earthsiege triggers nostalgia seek immediate medical assistance

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1550 on: 14 May 2020, 06:59:14 »
Need remember this game if fully armed and operational enough to make my mech cravings get sated.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1551 on: 15 May 2020, 08:20:13 »
I've gotten pretty into nba2k20 lately
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Dies Irae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1552 on: 15 May 2020, 09:20:10 »
If earthsiege triggers nostalgia seek immediate medical assistance

But it does. I thoroughly enjoyed the series, and I still hold MissionForce: Cyberstorm to be one of the best 'giant robot' strategy games out there.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2020, 09:23:43 by Dies Irae »

mooonmagic

• Corporal
    • games i have made
« Reply #1553 on: 22 May 2020, 15:44:18 »
I've been playing the latest Stephen Murphy game, 10 Beautiful Postcards, absolutely wonderful delirious fever dream of a game.

Stephen makes games under the name 'thecatamites', his most well-known one is probably Space Funeral if you're not familiar.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #1554 on: 22 May 2020, 16:04:09 »
I've been playing so much Star Trek Online during lockdown, I used the "Prime Directive" to avoid taking sides in a friends argument...   ;D

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #1555 on: 22 May 2020, 21:38:29 »
I've been playing so much Star Trek Online during lockdown, I used the "Prime Directive" to avoid taking sides in a friends argument...   ;D 

How did they react when you referred to them both as 'primitive cultures' ?    >:D

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1556 on: 24 May 2020, 22:45:37 »
ok finished the  xcom chimera squad
fun quick romp better controls than previous games hope they keep them...cute story if not too predictable and set up is for sequel just like in the fallen

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1557 on: 25 May 2020, 20:41:11 »
Somehow got myself pulled back into another playthrough of Deus Ex. I know the story and almost every line by heart at this point, but, I have a blast every time.

...It also reminded me that for some reason, I've never even really started Mankind Divided. I'll have to remedy that after this playthrough.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1558 on: 26 May 2020, 02:52:51 »
Big nostalgia kick, so I installed Crimson Skies on my laptop and made an order from IWM to get the planes available that were in the PC release.  Now have to figure out how to paint them.  Fortune Hunters are fine, but I'm not all that fond of all that red.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1559 on: 28 May 2020, 12:07:20 »
Big nostalgia kick, so I installed Crimson Skies on my laptop and made an order from IWM to get the planes available that were in the PC release.  Now have to figure out how to paint them.  Fortune Hunters are fine, but I'm not all that fond of all that red.

Ha! I'll one up ya, bought the RPG game at last year's Gencon with all the plane sets for a measly 30 bucks total. Still NIB... just collecting for future use, and bragging rights. My kids play my Xbox game and love it...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse