Author Topic: C&J 16000 BPV pickup game  (Read 2626 times)

Pryderi_7

• Sergeant
C&J 16000 BPV pickup game
« on: 13 May 2012, 22:56:17 »
For the bi-monthly game I host at C&J Collectibles we had the Republic of the Sphere versus the Capellan Confederation.

The Republic forces were:
    Awesome                             Black Hawk
    Black Knight                        Tundra Wolf
    Wolf Hound                           Nyx
    Savage Wolf                         Nyx

The Capellan forces were:
   Marauder                               Yu Huang
   Hatchetman                          Lao Hu
   Ax Man                                  Jinggau
   Nightsky                               Men Shen
   Nightsky

The first 2 turns were maneuvering and long range sniping with only 2 Liao units taking hits.
On the third turn a Nyx suffered 2 engine hits from a Nightsky but the Nyx did not slow down. Both Nyx's were the lance variant.

The heavy Republic units moved onto a hill to snipe the Capellans but moved off to protect a Nyx that dropped to the ground to present a tougher target.

The Capellan Marauder had its TSM activated and moved to kick the down Nyx.
The Nyx died from 3 engine hits after being kicked in the left arm by the Marauder.
Two other 'Mechs also died during that turn. The Wolfhound was kicked in the rear right torso by the Men Shen after the Axe Man was destroyed by engine hits from concentrated from the Tundra Wolf, Wolfhound, and Black Knight.

The heavy Republic forces were still in the fight but 2 of its light units were destroyed.
The Liao Men Shen was parked on a forested hill when the surviving Nyx moved behind it to push it off the hill.

That turn was a disaster for the Republic. The Nyx was head-capped by the Jinggau which flipped its arms.
The Black Hawk was destroyed when its SRM ammo blew up.
The Republic had a small measure of revenge when the Marauder took a gyro hit and and fell. During the physical phase the Savage Wolf kicked off the Marauder's right leg.

The Republic forces conceded after it lost those two units and had it's Black Knight shut down.

The Liao forces were in fairly good shape except for the Men Shen which lost all its left torso armor and most of its internal structure early in the game.

Ther next game will be this Friday at 6 PM. Players are invited to bring a 9000 BPV force. We start at 6 PM and play until one side concedes or the players are tired.

My favorite turn of this game was when we had a conga line.

The Republic Black Knight and Liao Hatchetman survived with minimal damage to the rear.

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
Re: C&J 16000 BPV pickup game
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2012, 03:45:04 »
Is that Marauder trying to pass itself off as a Locust?

Some very good crit rolls from the Capellans.

Nice report.

Pryderi_7

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2012, 06:27:55 »
He was more of the Karate Kid.

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
  • "Now, let's add a couple of happy Death Commandos"
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2012, 17:32:20 »
Is that Marauder trying to pass itself off as a Locust?

Some very good crit rolls from the Capellans.

Nice report.

Think Crane Stance. Best Marauder repose EVER!

I'll be posting my version of events shortly.
"I can't save his life, it's too embarrassing!" - Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC SSC