Author Topic: BattleTech FanFiction Tribble Emporium  (Read 378036 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: BattleTech FanFiction Tribble Emporium
« Reply #1260 on: 15 September 2019, 17:18:43 »
RunandFindOut has it right... the Inner Sphere can churn out more nuclear armed fighters faster than the clans ever dreamed of.  The clan fleet will have some initial success, but when all the cards are on the table, they simply don't have enough ships to secure 2,000 star systems.

RunandFindOut

• Lieutenant
  • Master of the LolCat Horde
« Reply #1261 on: 15 September 2019, 17:41:16 »
The thing is that the Clans have to come to known defensible targets to hit anything truly valuable like shipyards.  And the IS is big enough to defend them with more nuclear armed fighters than the Clans can stop.  The losses for the Clans can't be acceptable because in order to prosecute the attack they will be fully committed and unable to retreat.  Even if they manage to damage or destroy the target they will suffer a total loss of their forces.  And the IS can absorb more losses than the Clans.  And at the ends the invading Clans will be gutted and the IS will be able to work back up their logistics chain back to the Clan Homeworlds and put them to the torch.
One does not just walk into Detroit

She ignored the dragon, and Freddy Mercury who arrived to battle it with the Power of Rock.

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1262 on: 17 September 2019, 02:23:54 »

The Wars of Reaving, a shattering conflict that tore Nicholas Kerensky's 'new order' of Clans apart. The destruction of Clan Wolverine and absorption of Clan Widowmaker  aside, the 2830s and 2840s were a period of stability as the Clans appeared to be settling out into their new society, but under the surface there were continuing issues.

The 'Dark Caste' who had escaped conquest by the Clans still haunted the borders of the Kerensky Cluster and had found backing elsewhere - much later this would be found to be the Tanite worlds, which had encountered refugees from Operation Klondike and and realised they were entirely too close to this new threat. Their leaders were only too happy to trade vital supplies to the Dark Caste and their fledgling hidden colonies in exchange for samples of SLDF and later early Clan technology, which was flooding into the toumans through the 2820s and early 2830s. The Tanite population wasn't much smaller than the Clans at the start of this period but the Clans saw a dramatic population increase to more than double - exceeding to their original Exodus fleet numbers by the 2850s.

The destabilising issue arose with Omnitechnology and Elemental battle armour. Clan Coyote's first deployment of the Coyotl set off a wave of conflicts as the Coyotes tried to leverage their advantage for maximum effect and the other Clans ought to obtain the technology for themselves. The election of an ilKhan was proposed to regulate these conflicts, but the leading candidate was Zenos Danforth of Clan Burrock and when he was discredited as having been involved with the Dark Caste the proposal faltered. Clan Wolf - already resented for their relative size and power - faced a similar dichotomy once they were traded omnimech technology and brought the Elementals into use a few years later. Constant battlefield losses even when they won eroded the numbers of the warrior caste, limiting their ability to control the enclaves they'd conquered - many of the inhabitants of whom which remained loyal to the Clans they'd been born into. Clan Sea Fox and Clan Goliath Scorpion, having obtained these technologies while being less powerful to begin with were similarly exhausted.

The sudden absorbtion of Clan Mongoose by Clan Smoke Jaguar briefly satiated the Jaguars and the Star Adders, but it also made it clear that failing Clans would pay the ultimate price. By the 2870s the four Clans were over-extended and had been forced to recruit heavily from the civilian castes to keep their toumans viable, while losing their exclusive control of the new combat technology. They weren't the only clans struggling - Clan Fie Mandrill's fractious nature had become apparent and Kindraa Smythe-Jewell had declined to share omnimechs and elementals with the rest of their Clan. In 2872 the Coyotes and Hells Horses formed a temporary alliance and destroyed the Kindraa completely, exteriminating their bloodlines and causing massive collateral damage to their civilian holdings. The reavings of the Kindraa's bloodlines set off a plethora of similar challenges, nearly gutting the prospects of the Coyotes' current bloodnamed.

These brutal practises spread with Clan Ghost Bear and Clan Hells Horses engaged in lengthy and costly campaigns to control the Tokasha Mechworks, both sides discarding zellbrigen. Clan Sea Fox's totem animal was specifically targeted by Clan Snow Raven, leading to bitter war between thse two Clans. The election of an ilKhan was proposed again, this time by Khan Victoria Wolf, but this was seen as an attempt by Clan Wolf to secure dominance as the ilClan and the Grand Council broke up in feuding. Within a year there was no Clan Wolf, which might have eased the tensions a little... except for the sudden collapse of Clan Cloud Cobra.

The Cobras, it turned out, had traced Zenos Danforth's ties through the Dark Caste to the Tanite worlds and tried to conquer the three inhabited worlds. Tanite aerospace fighters had used weight of numbers and nuclear weapons to gut the fleet and the transported ground forces, although they themselves were virtually wiped out. Four years of efforts by the Cobras to occupy the surface had bled out their remaining equipment and personnel reserves, while sucking their internal economy dry... and the acceptance of defeat by the leadership led to more internal conflicts (constant trials of bloodright due to deaths among the bloodnamed had hurried that along) and by 2875 Clan Cloud Cobra was unable to protect most of their enclaves.

A feeding frenzy began as the Cobras and the other weakened Clans' holdings were fought over. A desperate Clan Coyote, dominated by bloodnamed who'd re-entered the warrior caste and won their names after time in the scientist caste, also turned to weapons of mass destruction. Losses by every clan mounted and enclaves burned under increasingly extreme measures...

And then the Tanites arrived, using warships stolen from a naval cache to cover invasions of the Pentagon worlds. Just like Nicholas Kerensky sixty years before, they were going to put an end to the fighting and restore peace - at the point of the sword.
"It's national writing month, not national writing week and a half you jerk" - Consequences, 9th November 2018

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1263 on: 18 September 2019, 22:47:41 »

The clan invasion was very much changed when one officer asked for a copy of the trials that the clans used among them selves. When asked for a trail of possession for the world he was in change of he asked what they where talking about and then asked was there rules they worked by. The clans where a be puzzled by this and sent a copy of the rules for all their trials tot he general. He then studied the rules for the better part of a week while trying to understand the people where trying to invade his world. Along the profile that he read he learned that the clans hate waste. After that he formed the basic of the rest or the invasion by the clans. After that every time a world was invaded by a clan they there challenged for the world by 2 out of 3 games of a chess battle. Both the fed suns shared this with the combine and the republic also and the clans very much where hoping for glory in battles where  shamed cause they had someone beating them with their own rules.
Just some thing silly I come up with today that I had to post about how this could really change the invasion and really annoying the clans since they where not being able to use combat, but had to fight to what they where asked to.

EAGLE 7

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1264 on: 21 September 2019, 20:19:38 »
   And chess matches nullify all the clans strategic and tactical strengths.
  I can see the Jaguars going nuts after two back to back loses at chess.
“ My Clan honor is bigger than your Dragon honor, and comes in 18 clan flavors.”

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1265 on: 23 September 2019, 10:56:26 »
just something silly i thought of and had to post the idea.

Mal-3

• Corporal
    • Fenspace
« Reply #1266 on: 23 September 2019, 15:58:50 »
#597 (2) - 596 got skipped by accident and the numbering must be exact!

This is part of another project I've spent the last two weeks dabbling in, but this works as a stand-alone. Call this, "A Tribble in One Image:"

The POD is roughly around 3000. It's been a very eventful couple of decades for the ol' Inner Sphere...

(click for the very big and fully readable version)
Mal-3, semi-professional Fun Tyrant
Join Fenspace, see the galaxy, mutate & take over the world.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1267 on: 23 September 2019, 17:16:32 »
I'm really not sure why Andurien hasn't joined the Shining Coalition, and more importantly, why the Capellan Confederation still exists.  If it won't join the Shining Coalition, I can't see the Pax allowing it to continue it's totalitarian ways.

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1268 on: 24 September 2019, 06:36:03 »

This is part of another project I've spent the last two weeks dabbling in, but this works as a stand-alone. Call this, "A Tribble in One Image:"

The POD is roughly around 3000. It's been a very eventful couple of decades for the ol' Inner Sphere...

It's... It's beautiful...

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
    • wolfcannon's photobucket album
« Reply #1269 on: 24 September 2019, 08:11:40 »
says image contains errors
Daniels Avenger                Clan Coyote
General Jennifer Daniels    Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Star Captain James Sword

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
  • The Brotherhood will expand in the Inner Sphere!
« Reply #1270 on: 24 September 2019, 09:35:28 »

Now this is an interesting idea. The fact that one planet's uprising would change the history of the Inner Sphere forever. Makes me wonder how the Clans would react to this change in regime.

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1271 on: 24 September 2019, 13:35:00 »
Now this is an interesting idea. The fact that one planet's uprising would change the history of the Inner Sphere forever. Makes me wonder how the Clans would react to this change in regime.
They might consider the fractured status prime for invasion. The Dragoons wouldn't lose contact until after both the Lyrans and the Dracs have fractured.

Rasalhague's still ******.

Mal-3

• Corporal
    • Fenspace
« Reply #1272 on: 24 September 2019, 14:35:26 »
I'm really not sure why Andurien hasn't joined the Shining Coalition, and more importantly, why the Capellan Confederation still exists.  If it won't join the Shining Coalition, I can't see the Pax allowing it to continue it's totalitarian ways.
"Andurien for the Anduriens" is the watchword; the rest of the galaxy can go straight to hell. As for the Cappies, the current Liao-in-residence is playing the Davion need for a counterbalance on their border against the Pax need for revolution sort of similarly to how China navigated the waters during the OTL Cold War. (What is BattleTech without cod-historical parallelism, after all?) In the end though they're going to have to engage properly with the universe outside their borders or they'll end up the playing field for the inevitable hellwar.

It's not like this is a unique event in BT history or anything. A tax revolt on Freedom VI shattered the Terran Alliance and created the modern Inner Sphere. As Charlton Heston said at the beginning of Armageddon, "It happened before; it will happen again. It's just a question of when."

As for the Clans, they'll come eventually. The Pax Galactica if nothing else is competition to the Star League they think they represent and uphold, and an insult originating in the old Rim Worlds to boot. So they would come for that if nothing else. Would they find easy pickings? That remains to be seen.
Mal-3, semi-professional Fun Tyrant
Join Fenspace, see the galaxy, mutate & take over the world.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1273 on: 24 September 2019, 18:19:24 »
If the Anduriens are that determined to go it alone, I could see the Capellans conquering them pretty quickly...

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1274 on: 25 September 2019, 17:47:01 »
If the Anduriens are that determined to go it alone, I could see the Capellans conquering them pretty quickly...
Well maybe, but I can see Anduriens playing 3 sides against the middle to keep their existance, kinda like some African nations did during the cold war.  A friend now past to the beyond talked to me about about 1 nation who used to "flip/flop" so much that the "American" and the "Soviet" advisors used to leave notes for each other about what places in town were safe and not.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #1275 on: 02 November 2019, 17:59:25 »
Have it as a 20 year authorisation expiring. It had been last renewed just before the Amaris coup in late 2766 (usually an annual process), so the books cut out in 2786, two years after the Exodus. For extra pathos, have this also affect the books of the exodus fleet, so this hits them right as they're trying to colonise the Pentagon worlds.
Made it about 200% better, here.

3057. Thomas Marik messages Katherine/Katrina. She's still homicidally ambitious, but not stupid or evil for the evilz. She sends it to Victor, and operation Guerrero is a fiasco for the FWL and especially CapCon.

Shortly after Phelan shows up around Arc-Royal. He's got troops, trained techs, two stars of warships (still a bloody big deal in 3057), and a ton of infrastructure bits, as well as news that Ulric has shredded two OZ and basically served them to the FedCom on a silver platter. . . 

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1276 on: 15 November 2019, 03:10:48 »

Mount Davion, New Avalon
18 September 3057

The media had gathered in the Royal Court for what was expected to be a mostly pro forma announcement from a spokesman of how the Archon-Prince would respond to the Marik-Liao invasion of the Sarna March and the supporting Taurian attack on the Pleiades.

What they got was Katherine Steiner-Davion, wearing her uniform as an AFFC infantry captain. She looked tired. It wasn't until she reached the podium that sharp-eyes noticed that the patch on her uniform wasn't the fist-and-sunburst.

"Ladies and gentlemen," she said without preamble. "I have a short statement. I will not accept questions, but there will be data available to you all within the hour to expand on what I am about to say."

The obvious question: why are you wearing the sword-and-sunburst? died on a dozen lips.

The young woman took a deep breath. "Whatever the actual motives, the casus belli for Captain-General Marik's invasion is the cover-up of his son's death, here on New Avalon, and the substitution of a doppelganger. As my brother Victor has admitted, these allegations are essentially correct."

"Around thirty years ago, this was fundamentally my father's reason for deciding to prioritise the Capellan invasion over a combined assault on the Draconis Combine: a little known incident where the Maskirova very nearly managed to replace him with a pawn under their own control. While I will oppose his actions, I can understand them."

"I can similarly understand my brother's actions. Victor was born on Tharkad and raised there. He has spent little more than a year on New Avalon in total, predominantly his junior year at NAIS. His understanding of the Federated Suns is fundamentally limited."

"Since the death of our father and, even more so since our mother's assassination, Victor has focused entirely on the threat of the Clans. A threat that, through no action of his own, is largely neutralised for another ten years. He has prioritised the military defence of the remaining Tamar worlds. He has prioritised an alliance with the Draconis Combine, both militarily against the Clans and personally with the Coordinator's son... and daughter."

Faces went white around the room. There had been rumours about Victor and about Omi Kurita before. But for the Royal Court to openly address it, however unclearly...!?

"Ladies and gentlemen, Victor is the Archon-Prince. Since he assumed the title he has never laid eyes on the throne here in the Royal Palace, nor been crowned as First Prince. He has been Duke of Sarna since 3039 - and yet his response to the current situation is to require that military units be further stripped from the interior of the Suns in addition to the large number of our regiments already facing the Clans."

Katherine Davion gripped the podium with both hands. "As we speak, the Crucis March Militias are being mobilised to join task forces moving into the Capellan and Sarna Marchs. This is the last order I will accept from the Archon-Prince. I am the Duchess of Avalon and after discussion with the High Council, who are fortunately in session at this time, I am formally declaring myself First Prince of the Federated Suns. And..." Her pale face twisted with visible anguish. Then she gathered her will. "And our secession from the Federated Commonwealth."

"I love my brother. But he has failed the Suns for the last time."
« Last Edit: 15 November 2019, 03:12:53 by drakensis »
"It's national writing month, not national writing week and a half you jerk" - Consequences, 9th November 2018

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #1277 on: 15 November 2019, 05:50:38 »
Would this be evil, crazy "Katrina" or would this be a more rational one?
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #1278 on: 15 November 2019, 06:16:15 »
It actually works perfectly but with the major change being her military service as an infantryman which didn't happen in universe. If Katherine wanted to be Regent of New Avalon (which 20 Year Update says she was) even in canon, mommy and daddy, should have required her to do that. Then she has every legal reason to act that way unfortunately we know that she killed Melissa in canon to get here. But is she truly the white knight that drakensis has painted here? Throw in a Taurian invasion at the same time Marik-Liao attack the only folks who aren't attacking are the Draconis Combine so nobody will care in the Federated Suns.

Here is a crazier idea, but also one very in character, what do you think about Victor abdicating the throne because of his own bad decision to replace Jeffrey and to be with the woman he loves? After a few years of happiness in exile he is attacked by that same assassin on Luthien and dies before Operation Bulldog. After the funeral Theodore Kurita meets Focht and reveals his successor in the ComGuard, Moses Gardner (or insert your pseudonym for Victor Steiner-Davion now healed). Appearing somehow different (perhaps surgery, cosmetic alteration, glasses, etc.) he goes on to become Focht's chief aide during Bulldog and of course performs heroic deeds.

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #1279 on: 15 November 2019, 11:33:24 »
I like it Drakenensis.  As an unapologetic Kathy Fanboy in all her incarnations I would read it.

gladius

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1280 on: 16 November 2019, 04:54:24 »

Mount Davion, New Avalon
18 September 3057

The media had gathered in the Royal Court for what was expected to be a mostly pro forma announcement from a spokesman of how the Archon-Prince would respond to the Marik-Liao invasion of the Sarna March and the supporting Taurian attack on the Pleiades.

What they got was Katherine Steiner-Davion, wearing her uniform as an AFFC infantry captain. She looked tired. It wasn't until she reached the podium that sharp-eyes noticed that the patch on her uniform wasn't the fist-and-sunburst.

"Ladies and gentlemen," she said without preamble. "I have a short statement. I will not accept questions, but there will be data available to you all within the hour to expand on what I am about to say."

The obvious question: why are you wearing the sword-and-sunburst? died on a dozen lips.

The young woman took a deep breath. "Whatever the actual motives, the casus belli for Captain-General Marik's invasion is the cover-up of his son's death, here on New Avalon, and the substitution of a doppelganger. As my brother Victor has admitted, these allegations are essentially correct."

"Around thirty years ago, this was fundamentally my father's reason for deciding to prioritise the Capellan invasion over a combined assault on the Draconis Combine: a little known incident where the Maskirova very nearly managed to replace him with a pawn under their own control. While I will oppose his actions, I can understand them."

"I can similarly understand my brother's actions. Victor was born on Tharkad and raised there. He has spent little more than a year on New Avalon in total, predominantly his junior year at NAIS. His understanding of the Federated Suns is fundamentally limited."

"Since the death of our father and, even more so since our mother's assassination, Victor has focused entirely on the threat of the Clans. A threat that, through no action of his own, is largely neutralised for another ten years. He has prioritised the military defence of the remaining Tamar worlds. He has prioritised an alliance with the Draconis Combine, both militarily against the Clans and personally with the Coordinator's son... and daughter."

Faces went white around the room. There had been rumours about Victor and about Omi Kurita before. But for the Royal Court to openly address it, however unclearly...!?

"Ladies and gentlemen, Victor is the Archon-Prince. Since he assumed the title he has never laid eyes on the throne here in the Royal Palace, nor been crowned as First Prince. He has been Duke of Sarna since 3039 - and yet his response to the current situation is to require that military units be further stripped from the interior of the Suns in addition to the large number of our regiments already facing the Clans."

Katherine Davion gripped the podium with both hands. "As we speak, the Crucis March Militias are being mobilised to join task forces moving into the Capellan and Sarna Marchs. This is the last order I will accept from the Archon-Prince. I am the Duchess of Avalon and after discussion with the High Council, who are fortunately in session at this time, I am formally declaring myself First Prince of the Federated Suns. And..." Her pale face twisted with visible anguish. Then she gathered her will. "And our secession from the Federated Commonwealth."

"I love my brother. But he has failed the Suns for the last time."

This makes SO much more sense than canon.

Chris OFarrell

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1281 on: 20 November 2019, 15:49:50 »

Ulric Kerensky, as in canon, is 'convicted' by the Grand Council of being a traitor to the Clans. The votes are in at 19-15.
He immediately, as in canon, calls a Trial of Refusal over the matter.

Unlike in canon however, he doesn't bid Clan Wolf in his defense but announces, like a True Clan Warrior, he will fight his own battles bla bla bla. The Grand Council shrug and with a ratio of 1.2/1.3 to 1 in the voting and after a bit of back and forth, name an Elemental as their Champion who will take on Ulric one v one. Lincoln Osis gleefully takes up the challenge and Ulric shrugs and says they might as well get it over with, then and there and the Grand Council agrees, they will be the circle of equals...

And to the stunned disbelief of pretty much everyone, Osis looses.

Oh, Ulric looses an eye and gets beaten up a bit and will need months of recovery time and a new eye grown for him and all that, but impossibly with some incredibly shrewd fighting getting in an early hit that hurt Osis much more than the man realized at first (AND luck verging on plot fiat) he successfully wins the Trial of Refusal over the whole matter, emphatically, hand to hand against one of the greatest Elementals of all time, killing him. So he is still ilKhan and legally the charges are dismissed.

What happens now? What with the rest of the Inner Sphere still about to go to hell from Victors ineptitude...
"I, the Baron of Strang, care not for your new names. Clans? Jade Falcons? I call you by your true name: Scum of the Star League, traitors of free will, persecutors of the Periphery come back to lord it over freedom-loving people. Come ahead, you steel-eyed robots! Come ahead and taste what a million like-minded people think of you and your damn Clans!"

-Baron Stepan Von Strang

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #1282 on: 20 November 2019, 16:37:10 »
An interesting challenge of a point of divergence

Option 1 - a civil war within Clan Wolf, whether official or unofficial, between Crusader and Warden factions

Option 2 - the Clans respect the truce and learn about logistics by opening any book about warfare written just about ever but may realise that they are hopelessly tiny compared to the Inner Sphere

Option 3 - a second challenge but how will things go with Osis dead? The character was almost as stupid as the Ice Hellion Khan Asa Tinny or whatever his name is
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1283 on: 02 December 2019, 06:04:04 »
#601 - Voyage of the Ulysses

he Federated Suns Technical Academy Ship Ulysses had a long history. The rear-half of the dropship was recognisable as having once been a Dictator-class 'Mech transport, but the forward half, comprising a pair of gravity decks and a dock suited to small aerodyne dropships left it entirely incapable of entering atmosphere (more than once, at least). Paired with a damaged Leopard-class dropship, the Telemachus, the Ulysses had spent a mostly quiet century cruising around the Outback and Near Periphery, taking on promising students for a higher education and supporting itself through staff and students working on various engineering projects on worlds in the region. Two hijacking attempts had been foiled by the ship's security, with the Telemachus being fully armed and able to haul one or two fighters and some 'Mechs - depending on what was working out of recent salvage they'd picked up.

And then, in 3017 the Ulysses set out for the Aurigan Coalition to assist on some work requested by the recently deceased High Lord Arano. The visit had been authorised by the First Prince himself, as a goodwill gesture to the Aurigans. Protector Zarantha Calderon had approved transit through the Concordat. All was going well.

Except...

No one expected a sudden coup and the rise of a new Aurigan Directorate that made a rather more serious attempt to seize the Ulysses.

No one expected Zarantha's death and for the new Protector to refuse to authorise transit back through Taurian space, to the point of threatening to blacklist any independent jumpship offering passage to the 'spyship'.

And very possibly, the staff did expect the Duke of New Syrtis (brother-in-law to the same First Prince who'd given his blessing to the visit) to provide aid rather than wash his hands of them, piously declaring that trying to hold relations with the Taurians together was a higher priority.

To cover expenses as they tried to sort this out, the college hired out their security force to support a minor mining dispute only for the miners to take the professors coordinating the matter hostage and try to steal the 'Mechs. When that failed, the hostages were murdered.

And then the last professor, left on the ship because he couldn't be trusted to keep it together in discussions, ate the muzzle of his sidearm.

Two dropships (one of which can't land). Four 'Mechs. Around thirty students in their late teens. Over a hundred light years from home, surrounded by hostile nations.

And so they set out to find passage through the Directorate, through the Farlooker colonies rimwards of the Concordat, past the Pirate Cluster and Tortuga... and into the Fedrated Suns. Any way that they can.

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1284 on: 02 December 2019, 06:30:47 »
Hopefully, it doesn't take them 10 years.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #1285 on: 02 December 2019, 07:45:42 »
I know I've seen a similar to #601, but for the life can't remember where.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1286 on: 02 December 2019, 17:08:31 »
#601 is interesting, but honestly could have been just as interesting with the faculty around to try to help figure it out...

nerd

• Captain
  • Nunc Partus-Ready Now
    • Traveller Adventures
« Reply #1287 on: 27 December 2019, 00:11:39 »
602 the Odd Couple

Anytime before the Wars of Reaving
Warrior Quarter, Katysha, Strana Mechty

The massive Elemental Warrior in her Hell's Horses dress uniform noted the animatedly boasting Snow Raven Aeropilot to a group of unimpressed MechWarriors from various Clans.

And then it goes to a bad romantic comedy.

You know you'd like to try.
M. T. Thompson
Don of the Starslayer Mafia
Member of the AFFS High Command

mighty midget

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1288 on: 28 December 2019, 07:15:01 »
Tribble 603 -
Following their initial contract with House Davion, Wolf's Dragoons accept a 5 year contract with House Marik.  The primary reason… Jamie Wolf being granted a landhold on the planet Helm.  This landhold being his as long as the Dragoons did not fight against House Marik forces.  This was taken full advantage of as the Dragoons moved all of their personnel and equipment, including their supply caches, to the planet.  Their WarShips and other advanced equipment being maintained in a location well beyond the star's jump points.

After the Dragoons had been on planet for a couple of years, Cranston Snord was contacted to perform a search for the rumored Star League Cache.  During the search, Snord compared the original SLDF maps of the planet to the current planetary conditions and located the cache along with the memory core.

For the contents of the depot I'll simply hijack the list made by Chris O'Farrell in his amazing story. https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/this-was-easier-on-the-tabletop-a-battletech-si.659596/page-148#post-50339107

Follow on thoughts:
   • How would the brothers Wolf, as Joshua is still alive here, make use of the memory core?
   • This would be before their final re-supply run/information exchange with the clans.  How would that impact events?
Slavish adherance to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about.

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1289 on: 28 December 2019, 12:48:31 »
Follow on thoughts:
   • How would the brothers Wolf, as Joshua is still alive here, make use of the memory core?
   • This would be before their final re-supply run/information exchange with the clans.  How would that impact events?
They barely made use the far more complete Clan data base in canon. Kept all the goodies for themselves rather than release it for general use.
It will make zero improvements to canon if they get to be the ones to recover it. Worse, since they won't be as invested in sharing it as GDL had been.