Author Topic: What Mech would you have liked WK to have made??  (Read 58690 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: What Mech would you have liked WK to have made??
« Reply #120 on: 14 November 2013, 16:16:45 »
WizKids never made one, but that doesn't mean one never got made ...

http://www.solaris7.com/files/members/602/DA_Fafnir.jpg

Legionnaire legs, Cougar torso, and bitz.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Josva Valdreki

• Master Sergeant
  • ...With blackjack. And hookers. In fact....
« Reply #121 on: 05 January 2014, 18:59:16 »
Reseen 'Classic' Marauder...

And the Lament.
Úlfhéðnar Free Company
Clan Free Ghost Rasalhague Bear Dominion Republic

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #122 on: 08 January 2014, 03:45:35 »
Stormcrow Prime
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #123 on: 09 January 2014, 13:26:29 »
Sagittaire
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #124 on: 05 February 2014, 02:20:15 »
Timberwolf as a common heavy and not some LE that is extremely difficult or pricey to get
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #125 on: 07 May 2014, 20:05:35 »
once Age of Destruction came out I would have loved to see a Jagermech (III) I loved the idea of a Heavy mech, built very cheaply that possessed extreme ballistic range and multiple targets but not a lot of damage.  the key was that it would have access to all of the heavy mech gear cards, which were pretty sweet.
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
  • If A, then B, The Evil Genius Argument
« Reply #126 on: 10 May 2014, 08:12:13 »
So, what you are looking for looks something like this: 

BF069 Mad Cat Mk IV 234 pts. (Mercenary)
with
VG-G-153 PPC Capacitor (Heavy 32 pts.)
or maybe
AOD-G-032 Armor Piercing (Heavy 44 pts.)
though, with a 10" range and three targets, I'd prefer this.
WS-G-170 Anti-Personnel (Heavy 34 pts.)

The energy weapon has a 14" range with two targets, so it is respectable.  But you still need your favorite pilot, Improved Targeting SE, and a faction Pride that can enhance range values.

The good news is, it is listed as non-unique, so you can use as many as you have.  The bad news is, it came as Prize Support near the last of what Wizkids offered for organized events.  That can make them rare and hard to find.

GC
"Spirit Cats are just pirates basically." --- Quote from Herb

SpaceCowboy1701

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #127 on: 10 May 2014, 08:41:09 »
So, what you are looking for looks something like this: 

BF069 Mad Cat Mk IV 234 pts. (Mercenary)

The good news is, it is listed as non-unique, so you can use as many as you have.  The bad news is, it came as Prize Support near the last of what Wizkids offered for organized events.  That can make them rare and hard to find.

GC

I've seen a number of these show up on everyone's favorite auction site over the past few months ... for a long time (the past two years or so), those I noticed ran in the $15.00 range, but I picked up one for about $5 or $6 last Fall. It just requires either timing or an obsessive-compulsive disorder. Those last few prize 'mechs were trippy little units, with the flip-flopping equipment ...

As far as units I would have liked to have seen made ... probably a few more of the classics, like the Awesome, Archer (so close!), Dragon, Stalker. Out of the later models, the Fafnir.

Are there any actual pictures of the prototype Archer out there? I tried searching but failed to find anything substantial on it or "Outlaws."

LordNth

• Warrant Officer
  • Still playing with toys.
« Reply #128 on: 03 June 2014, 02:25:06 »
I'll see what I can dig up.
Someone sent me a picture a few years ago.  Kelly appeared at a MW touney with a model of the Archer in hand but no dial.
She allowed it photographed

SpaceCowboy1701

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #129 on: 04 June 2014, 09:16:59 »
I'll see what I can dig up.
Someone sent me a picture a few years ago.  Kelly appeared at a MW touney with a model of the Archer in hand but no dial.
She allowed it photographed

Thanks, that would be very interesting to see what almost was.

Owainfox

• Recruit
  • Matter Doesn't
« Reply #130 on: 08 July 2014, 11:20:52 »
The unseen, though Robotech Tactics will fill in many of the gaps. Actually, I am starting to strip all my clix for use in N-scale Battletech, and I realized the one thing that MWDA never actually handled... Aerospace and conventional fighters. So, I am starting to sculpt and cast a few for my own.

tbrminsanity

• Master Sergeant
  • 1st Dragoncat Cluster
    • TBRMInsanity's Website
« Reply #131 on: 08 July 2014, 16:04:17 »
The unseen, though Robotech Tactics will fill in many of the gaps. Actually, I am starting to strip all my clix for use in N-scale Battletech, and I realized the one thing that MWDA never actually handled... Aerospace and conventional fighters. So, I am starting to sculpt and cast a few for my own.

I think WizKids never included Aeros because they didn't know how to handle them.  These would be units that always had to move, would move great distances (speed > 25), and would have to be allowed to leave the battlefield area.  Personally I'd treat them as a combination of Artillery and VTOL.  Place all Aeros on the edge of the battlefield.  When you give the unit an order, place an artillery token on the filed.  At the start of the next turn the Aero moves it's full speed through the token and can take a single attack to any unit within range of the Aero at the token location.  If the Aero can't exit the battlefield in a straight line after this attack, it is open to attack by other ground units.  At the start of each turn, until the Aero has left the Battlefield, the Aero moves it's full speed in a straight line.  Aeros are always considered cruising.

Owainfox

• Recruit
  • Matter Doesn't
« Reply #132 on: 08 July 2014, 22:53:53 »
@tbrminsanity, that was positively insightful. If I was dedicated to sticking with the clix version, that would make a reasonable option. Even with the bases removed, I can still get away with playing the clix version, as I have kept the bases... they are a little more compact if chunkier than a record sheet. Nice Job.

truegrit

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
    • ChenTech
« Reply #133 on: 12 July 2014, 00:34:33 »
I think WizKids never included Aeros because they didn't know how to handle them.  These would be units that always had to move, would move great distances (speed > 25), and would have to be allowed to leave the battlefield area.  Personally I'd treat them as a combination of Artillery and VTOL.  Place all Aeros on the edge of the battlefield.  When you give the unit an order, place an artillery token on the filed.  At the start of the next turn the Aero moves it's full speed through the token and can take a single attack to any unit within range of the Aero at the token location.  If the Aero can't exit the battlefield in a straight line after this attack, it is open to attack by other ground units.  At the start of each turn, until the Aero has left the Battlefield, the Aero moves it's full speed in a straight line.  Aeros are always considered cruising.

I'm pretty much on the same page, but I'd go a step further and not even make them actual miniatures. Although I have a feeling WizKids would've tried, because everyone likes miniatures. I actually just posted a thread with aerospace rules that I've been working on, if you're interested.

tbrminsanity

• Master Sergeant
  • 1st Dragoncat Cluster
    • TBRMInsanity's Website
« Reply #134 on: 12 July 2014, 21:00:39 »
I'm pretty much on the same page, but I'd go a step further and not even make them actual miniatures. Although I have a feeling WizKids would've tried, because everyone likes miniatures. I actually just posted a thread with aerospace rules that I've been working on, if you're interested.

Were you thinking something like an environmental card for each type of Aerospace or Conventional unit?  Sniper's Steppe comes to mind.  ( http://www.warrenborn.com/Unit.php?ID=AN-PC-019 )

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #135 on: 13 July 2014, 09:04:26 »
ASFs would take a page from the constructable card games and be cards. They would be broken into two styles: bombers and strafers. They would never really be physical units and would simply be limited use cards.

Bombers would use something similar to the artillery marker tokens but the number of tokens you have are all that you get for the game.

Strafing would be a matter of placing two tokens that are X inches apart. X can very from unit to unit. Anything with Y inches of that line takes damage the next turn. Again limited use.

Units could fire back but only if they are within damage range. Make it high defense but fragile. Maybe roll a D6 for each point of damage with 4-6. Being a failed lawn dart check and eliminated for the game. AA would allow units to target outside the strike range (keep the same double the distance (not of the AA unit but of the bomb or straf width).

Powerful items but something that doesn't count for VC2 at the end of the game since they aren't actually on the field.

truegrit

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
    • ChenTech
« Reply #136 on: 13 July 2014, 09:14:03 »
ASFs would take a page from the constructable card games and be cards. They would be broken into two styles: bombers and strafers. They would never really be physical units and would simply be limited use cards.

Bombers would use something similar to the artillery marker tokens but the number of tokens you have are all that you get for the game.

Strafing would be a matter of placing two tokens that are X inches apart. X can very from unit to unit. Anything with Y inches of that line takes damage the next turn. Again limited use.

Units could fire back but only if they are within damage range. Make it high defense but fragile. Maybe roll a D6 for each point of damage with 4-6. Being a failed lawn dart check and eliminated for the game. AA would allow units to target outside the strike range (keep the same double the distance (not of the AA unit but of the bomb or straf width).

Powerful items but something that doesn't count for VC2 at the end of the game since they aren't actually on the field.

Great minds think…similarly? :) It's nice to see more affirmation on the approach that I prefer.

tbrminsanity

• Master Sergeant
  • 1st Dragoncat Cluster
    • TBRMInsanity's Website
« Reply #137 on: 14 July 2014, 12:57:36 »
It's too bad you couldn't find some way to put units in play though.  Even if it was to designate which units can do bombing/strafing attacks.  As it was pointed out above, players like tactile units when ever possible.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #138 on: 03 December 2014, 20:11:43 »
Pardon the threadomancy, but I was thinking about MW AOD recently.

given the preponderance of Heavy gear cards, I would have loved to have seen good cheap heavies like the Jagermech to take advantage of them.  you know, stupid range good accuracy but low damage easy to hit and not very survivable.

I also wish the Wolfhound made more then just the one appearance, a Jenner to compliment the Panther.
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Register