Author Topic: 'Mech of the Week: Scylla  (Read 11682 times)

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
Re: 'Mech of the Week: Scylla
« Reply #30 on: 01 January 2013, 03:20:49 »
Make it a Smarphone app, and people will kill for it  O0
http://www.random.org problem solved.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #31 on: 01 January 2013, 04:36:24 »
How about something that roles against the actual hit tables, in bulk?

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #32 on: 01 January 2013, 06:59:07 »
Iron Mongoose, I think the same way in regards to how the MotW articles should go.  I'm working on a second one and it is helpful for me to run the mech and variants through a quick MM game to see how they work and what they do well.  I try not to have too many preconceived notions going in to MM sessions.  The TRO fluff is nice as a guide but we all know there are several mechs that are fluffed for one purpose that are either not so great for that roll or just better at something else.

The Scylla was a bit easier since I played it "back in the day" before I left the game, and it has always been fun to play.  My perception of mechs is I want to play what's fun.  The Scylla always is fun cuz it takes a little finesse.

As for the Vipers not learning lessons in the IS; they didn't seem to learn from many of their mistakes.  Their is a reason the Ilkhan piloted a Black Python and not a homegrown omni.  I can't think of another khan in the modern era who did not have an omni as their personal ride.

To the patient go the spoils

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
« Reply #33 on: 01 January 2013, 09:41:44 »
I can't think of another khan in the modern era who did not have an omni as their personal ride.

Phelan!  :D

Nightsky

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: 08 January 2013, 23:15:31 »
The Vipers on the whole are still a puzzle, to a degree.  Why use the Vapor Eagle, Black Python, and Scylla as second liners and then rely on the Battle Cobra and Crossbow (under-rated, but still not great mechs) as front liners?  I've proposed answers over the years, but I don't know that I'll ever find one I really like.

It may not be so black-and-white, I recall that the Vapor Eagle was fluffed as a duelling mech, and ilKhan Brett Andrews (most reactionary ultraconservative Viper of all time) piloted a Black Python of some kind.

Kotetsu

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: 09 January 2013, 16:15:27 »
Phelan!  :D

Dude, Phelan would use a kitchen sink if he could get the proper weaponry on it.