Author Topic: Tale of two vehicles named Chi-ha  (Read 1777 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Tale of two vehicles named Chi-ha
« on: 03 March 2015, 10:42:40 »
Hello!

I am asking question regarding the Chi-ha combat vehicle that was originally published in the original TRO: Vehicle Annex.

The vehicle in question was changed from 24 ton Chi-ha CCV to the 22 ton Chi-ha ICV (In XTRO: Primitives Vol4)

There a MUL Entry for the CCV version (with Alpha Strike Card), as well as the ICV versions standard and original.  The CCV version was no longer mentioned in Revised edition of TRO:VA and it's tonnage does not match the primitive version featured in the later XTO.  However, also mentions other variants, mainly cosmetic ones and a wheeled civilian model.

My question is the CCV which does have MUL entry, introduction year 2451 (much later than the original 2288 original primitive) considered to be still a valid variant of the Chi-Cha later featured in the Primitives vol 4? 

Thank you and sorry for long winded question.  I wanted make sure what kind of errant if it is one, should be reported.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Tale of two vehicles named Chi-ha
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2015, 12:12:00 »
The 24-ton Chi-Ha is more of a rebuild than a variant of the 22-ton version, I believe. Think of the 24-ton models as a "Chi-Ha II".

-

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Tale of two vehicles named Chi-ha
« Reply #2 on: 03 March 2015, 12:49:53 »
The 24-ton Chi-Ha is more of a rebuild than a variant of the 22-ton version, I believe. Think of the 24-ton models as a "Chi-Ha II".

-
Thank You.  Should i list this with MUL errant as separate model?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Register