Author Topic: Taiwanese Translator  (Read 1168 times)

Batman

• Warrant Officer
  • You have the ability to instill great fear
Taiwanese Translator
« on: 01 February 2012, 13:19:20 »
I thought I would try my luck here since I am having some difficulty at the moment. I am unable to read Taiwanese and using the Google translation is not helpful for my purposes. A woman who asked me for help with English came to me for help with English. I have since concluded she does not need help in English, what she needs is a translator. She insists I don't need to know Taiwanese to help her, but my judgement is that I am only wasting her time and my own for little to no benefit. She wants to translate comments from a blog into readable English.

The details of her situation is private, but she had a very compelling story to tell me and I feel her story needs to be heard by anyone willing to listen. If someone is interested, please PM me and I will be able to provide more details.

innersphere3050

• Private
Re: Taiwanese Translator
« Reply #1 on: 02 February 2012, 21:31:47 »
If she is Taiwanese see if she can write it in Mandarin.  Most people in Taiwan speak or understand Mandarin.  The blog shouldn't be in Taiwanese because it is a spoken and not a written language.  So if the blog is in English you should be able to put it in simplified Chinese.  If it is in Mandarin someone should be able to translate.

Register