Author Topic: New Lance Pack Idea  (Read 1364 times)

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
New Lance Pack Idea
« on: 04 August 2023, 00:25:03 »
Yes, I've mentioned this before.  :grin:

We've had the new Classic BattleMaster several months now, as well as the new Classic Warhammer for a few months now.  By the end of this year, we can expect the new Classic Marauder:smilie_happy_clapping: :drinking01: :smilie_happy_thumbup:

So, how about a new, Classic Assault Lance Boxed Set?  With Classics of the BattleMaster, Marauder and 2 Warhammers!  I thought we'd gotten a WHM with Variant bits, but can't find it.  Maybe I'm thinking of the AWS-8Q/9Q, that came out at the same time as the WHM?   :embarrassed:  I was thinking we could have 2 Variant WHMs in the new Box Set.

Maybe for Gen Con 2024?  :wink:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

monorailquilt

• Recruit
    • connections game
Re: New Lance Pack Idea
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2024, 23:10:28 »
Now is 2024. Is there a new Classic Marauder yet?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2024, 23:16:36 »
you have that flipped around. we have the marauder (well... some of us have five mind your business). it's the warhammer we're waiting on

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2024, 23:21:04 »
you have that flipped around. we have the marauder (well... some of us have five mind your business). it's the warhammer we're waiting on
The Warhammer has been out longer then the Marauder.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2024, 23:26:54 »
huh... and i bet i have one... somewhere

you hit a certain point and the inventory gets a little fuzzy

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2024, 22:27:30 »
huh... and i bet i have one... somewhere

you hit a certain point and the inventory gets a little fuzzy
About 15+ YEARS ago now, someone made an XL Document for me, to help me keep track of my minis.  It was "Rough Estimate" for some of them, and then the PC I had it on died.  :tongue:  I Finally got a new desktop PC, that had an external docking thing, and I plugged the old HD in and had access to everything again, including the XL file!  But it's several years out of date.   :sad:  I've since added SOME of my "New" minis to the file, but not all of them by any means.   :embarrassed:  Definitely one of those things you have to stay on top of if you want it to be Accurate!   :rolleyes:

The file has columns for (in order): Name, SN, tons, MIB Quantity, # Per Pkg, Subtotal, # Loose, Total, TRO, BattleDroids, Notes. Yeah, not sure Why I've got a Column labeled "BattleDroids", when I could just indicate that in the Notes.   :rolleyes: 

Separate pages for: Armor (with Elementals at the bottom), Aerial (in order: DropShips, JumpShips, Aerospace/Conventional Fighters, Helicopters/VTOLs, and Resin DropShips), Mechs (Including Museum Scale and BattleForce Scale at the bottom), Miscellaneous (in order: OOP RP Lance Box Sets, OOP RP Omni-Mech Box Sets, IWM Misc box Sets, IWM Project Phoenix Lance Box Sets, OOP RP Blister Packs, IWM Resin Buildings, IWM Resin Bunkers, Misc Medallions, and XMarx Resin Items), and a Summary page that shows me totals of everything.

I've questioned the "Totals" though. Does each LP count as 1 or 4?  The Bounty Hunter set only had 3 (2 'Mechs, 1 BA), so is that "1", or "3"?  :huh:  I just double-checked, and I Think it's Accurate.  Maybe.   :rolleyes:  The "MIB Quantity" and "# Loose" appear to add up when taking the "# Per Pkg" into account. Not sure WHAT the resin stuff counts as, or if it's even counted.   :shocked:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Eiretech

• Recruit
  • Demo Agent #1076
« Reply #6 on: 17 March 2024, 17:45:18 »
Love the idea of seeing the classic Ral Partha sets brought back with the newest sculpts, I know IWM are currently selling them with the Project Phoenix sculpts but either way a great idea.
4/6 is fast enough

Register