Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Re: NHL 2023-2024 Vegas Edition: Mojave, Mo' Problems
« Last post by Fat Guy on Today at 04:27:33 »
Well shit, Leafs almost pulled it off.   :sad:

Panthers in six.
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: By Gaffa's beard!
« Last post by Giovanni Blasini on Today at 03:19:33 »
Oh gods, the insanity that is the Blazing Inferno.  Nicely done.
Inspired both by Mass Effect and my a friend's own hard sci-fi setting, this is basically an extreme-performance cooling system wherein a shower of molten metal droplets is expelled at one end of the vessel, and recollected at the other end of the vessel via a powerful electrostatic/electromagnetic field. As the metal droplets are exposed to the vacuum of space, they rapidly radiate away a majority of their heat, with far greater efficiency than even double heat sinks.

This comes at a cost however. The collection system is massive, and there's also the risk of losing coolant to the cosmic void. As such, this system will need to be topped up. Oh, and it's also possible to lose coolant to enemy fire or extreme maneuvers.

Thoughts?

For clarification... My idea for this system, mass-wise, is that there is an initial cost for installing the system (which scales with the size of the ship), but after that there's a break-even point where it outperforms Double Heat Sinks in terms of cooling per ton.
Started watching 'Fallout" on Am Prime, interesting. I never played the games as I was busying raising critters and watched kid friendly fair with them back then.
Ahh, clever use of a less-common design and it's mini (I assume). If there is one scheme I could safely say wouldn't appear, it would be a DCMS MechWarrior using mercenary colors. As the DCMS officers assigned to those roles seem as much ISF assets as anything, I recall in one of the Jihad books a short piece detailing a Combine attempt to bring the Azami back to heel which was said to be from ISF units, painted red and gold. As it was a Jihad book, who knows if that was the actual ISF or not. Otherwise, think of the most generic Draconis Combine scheme you can and go with that. I personally would use a combo of red, white, and grey.

depends on who owns the mech really, we know Minobu Tetsuhara for example piloted a vindicator on loan from the 'goons when he was the liason officer. so it likely would have been in 'goons colours.
Ground Combat / Re: Clan Large Pulse Lasers
« Last post by PuppyLikesLaserPointers on Today at 02:25:25 »
I was think about offboard artillery so I was assumed +7 rather than +4.
BattleTech Miniatures / By Gaffa's beard!
« Last post by Luciora on Today at 02:16:32 »
Painted up another legendary ghost story, Gaffa's Ghost.  Said to be a museum peice command PPC armed Highlander.   I really should have modded it with the OG head. But at least I was able to use the PPC arm from the metal redesign.

Also made the Blazing Inferno with a plastic Commando.  Feels like I should do with a metal one instead of plastic.
Finally, Multiple Salvos w/ a single LAMS?   Is that a thing outside of AeroTech?
Let us just say I had the recent misfortune of playing against someone using Two Archers, a Raptor (Prime), an Owens, a Striker, and a Turhan. Once that NARC hit, it wasn't fun. So currently I'm on a bit of a madlad tunnel focus about adding L-AMS to just about everything.
Rumor has it there's a sequel to Blood Will Tell in the works and I'm so here for it.

Tom Leveen is writing the next Liao-centric novel, which will be set around the same time as Mike Ciaravella's Trial of Bloodright.
So, if you live in area with wild weather variations(Florida in the US, the city of Melbourne in the Australia that experiences all 4 seasons in a single day), spray primers are just a waste.

I find brushing on primer relaxing, and good for my hands (fends off the incipient RSI.) Given I do battalions, you just get in the groove.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10