Author Topic: Upcoming Releases Volume XV: Pitter Patter Let's Get At'er  (Read 151245 times)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
Re: Upcoming Releases Volume XV: Pitter Patter Let's Get At'er
« Reply #30 on: 09 August 2019, 09:32:29 »
We were given the general stats for the Orion C but no semiofficial sheet

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #31 on: 09 August 2019, 09:37:42 »
Yeah, for MM play its close enough.  The other sheets were in a topic . . . I think the FWL thread has a link, or you can go look . . in the design thread?  I think that is where they were put.  But it was only 2 people dropped their sheets and the Orion C & Longinus C maker mentioned them in the Wolf thread.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #32 on: 09 August 2019, 12:50:52 »
Ordered my TRO: CI from the CGL labs store just before GenCon, but haven't heard back from them yet.  Hoping they get caught up soon, this will be my first DTF new TRO in like 20 years.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #33 on: 09 August 2019, 12:53:55 »
I ordered on the first and just got my shipping notification today.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 09 August 2019, 12:57:05 »
Perfect!  I ordered on the August 2nd, so hopefully I'll get a shipping confirmation soon as well.  Thanks Sartris.

Hussar2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: 09 August 2019, 15:31:27 »
Yeah, for MM play its close enough.  The other sheets were in a topic . . . I think the FWL thread has a link, or you can go look . . in the design thread?  I think that is where they were put.  But it was only 2 people dropped their sheets and the Orion C & Longinus C maker mentioned them in the Wolf thread.

Thank you, found it. Very interesting.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #36 on: 10 August 2019, 19:57:57 »
as far as upcoming releases go, any idea when we'll get to see the Shimseen in a paper TRO?

The straightforward answer is: there are no current plans to package together the recently-redesigned Mechs in a TRO.

It's tricky. TROs have almost never been packaged in terms of a "real world" grouping, i.e. "stuff Shim has recently re-done." TRO Project Phoenix is probably the closest example, but I have no idea if there's a desire to do a similar product in this case.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #37 on: 10 August 2019, 21:51:11 »
Ordered my TRO: CI from the CGL labs store just before GenCon, but haven't heard back from them yet.  Hoping they get caught up soon, this will be my first DTF new TRO in like 20 years.
Ordered mine last Friday and it arrived today.

Yeah it's nothing new mech wise, but if my step-son is any proof, this is the way to go for the younger players.  He far more enjoys going through the SW TRO than the others since it's mech only.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #38 on: 11 August 2019, 01:52:22 »
The straightforward answer is: there are no current plans to package together the recently-redesigned Mechs in a TRO.

It's tricky. TROs have almost never been packaged in terms of a "real world" grouping, i.e. "stuff Shim has recently re-done." TRO Project Phoenix is probably the closest example, but I have no idea if there's a desire to do a similar product in this case.
My personal opinion: I didn't buy the recent Clan Invasion TRO, but I would buy a revised edition that only uses the updated art.
I also believe that such a revised TRO would give new players the right impression of BattleTech.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
« Reply #39 on: 11 August 2019, 02:31:00 »
I will pass on this one too because I own already all the original TROs but I might snatch up the RS eventually if there are new variants inside.

Ursus Maior

• Warrant Officer
  • Just here for a little mayhem.
« Reply #40 on: 11 August 2019, 05:28:12 »
The RS I will buy, but I own the original 3050 and the later reprint, plus the original 2750, 3055, 3058 (twice, though one could be a reprint) and 3060. The Clan Invasion era is, where I have the most books, despite hardly playing beyond 3049.
liber et infractus

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #41 on: 11 August 2019, 07:30:54 »
We need record sheets so we can get going, especially the 3150 stuff.  If CGL want's us to fully enjoy and play in these settings we need the tools to play game aka Record Sheets: 3150 & it's upgraded variants.
« Last Edit: 11 August 2019, 18:18:16 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
« Reply #42 on: 11 August 2019, 07:51:53 »
The RS I will buy, but I own the original 3050 and the later reprint, plus the original 2750, 3055, 3058 (twice, though one could be a reprint) and 3060. The Clan Invasion era is, where I have the most books, despite hardly playing beyond 3049.

This!
So much this! :D

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #43 on: 11 August 2019, 09:20:48 »

I think such thing would be nice but it would need an appropriate theme perhaps.
"TRO Ubiquitous 'Mechs"? Doesn't sound interesting or impressive. "TRO Most Popular"? Except are we talking about in-universe or real world?

Unfortunately you went and used "Clan Invasion" name already.

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #44 on: 11 August 2019, 12:33:16 »
I think such thing would be nice but it would need an appropriate theme perhaps.
"TRO Ubiquitous 'Mechs"? Doesn't sound interesting or impressive. "TRO Most Popular"? Except are we talking about in-universe or real world?

Unfortunately you went and used "Clan Invasion" name already.

Second printing/pdf update would be my suggestion.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #45 on: 11 August 2019, 12:44:42 »
Dunno, seems a bit odd to me. Not to mention perhaps a bit annoying for anyone who did buy the original physical version.
Besides, wouldn't something have to go away to fit 'Mechs? Think someone said the TRO CI doesn't have some of the classics for example.

I'll further note that i'd like consistent art (style) across a TRO. Currently, more or less all TROs do that, except SW and CI due to their nature as compilations.

Perhaps a special TRO framed from, say, the Kickstarter perspective, featuring 'Mechs in the KS, plus the Elemental Battle Armor. Hell, make it portrait orientation, full color, and POD-option.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #46 on: 11 August 2019, 12:51:43 »
The 3145 and 3150 have a cacophony of art styles. I like most of the art in those but they aren’t close to a homogenous aesthetic

What makes TRO SW feel so unbalanced is the combo of thirty years of art standards jumping around at random along with the very haphazard flow of the narrative in the entries. Each non-3039 entry speaks in the present but is that present is the 3070s

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #47 on: 11 August 2019, 12:53:39 »
The 3145 and 3150 have a cacophony of art styles. I like most of the art in those but they aren’t close to a homogenous aesthetic
Right, forgot they exists as compilations technically. I just read individual entries from faction-specific TRO3145s usually which are mostly homogeneous.

EDIT Also yeah, i dislike that the entries are from different times. Definitively think a TRO with Shimmy art should also have entries from same time period and in-universe writer.
Maybe TRO Gunslingers? Since it seems that "Gunslingers" in 3250 use variety of old 'Mechs...
« Last Edit: 11 August 2019, 12:55:25 by Empyrus »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #48 on: 11 August 2019, 12:55:12 »
I’d have to go back and look but I recall some being better than others. The Kurita one especially felt pretty cohesive

Flieger

• Warrant Officer
    • DoktorWhisky.de
« Reply #49 on: 11 August 2019, 15:28:22 »
Wasn't there a XTRO:SW vol.2 planned? At least I remember looking forward to it...

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #50 on: 11 August 2019, 15:35:58 »
yes but it disappeared from the coming releases page which indicates it was indefinitely shelved

Flieger

• Warrant Officer
    • DoktorWhisky.de
« Reply #51 on: 11 August 2019, 15:38:00 »
Too bad. I really liked the first volume.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #52 on: 11 August 2019, 20:14:24 »
Here, benefit from the fact that I have no life by reading this piece of information I picked up from the KS comments re: the previously con-exclusive metal dice pucks

Quote from: The Real G Running the CGL Account
The initial Dice Pucks were a trial run for us at the shows to see how well they did. We are planning on doing another run of them to see how they fair on the Catalyst Store! So while currently they are Convention exclusive atm. Its hard making them public when our trial run of the Dice Pucks is already gone and needs to be reordered ;)

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #53 on: 12 August 2019, 08:00:01 »
Sounds about right. I think I said in the last thread, Vol XIV, that the intent was to make them available in the web store at some point, but that I could not say for sure when that point might be.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #54 on: 12 August 2019, 08:07:17 »
Fall 2107

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #55 on: 12 August 2019, 10:17:13 »
Too bad. I really liked the first volume.
I'm still hoping TRO: Golden Century eventually comes out.

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #56 on: 12 August 2019, 10:18:08 »
I'm still hoping TRO: Golden Century eventually comes out.

I just spoke to the developer of that one last week, hoping to get it moving again in the next week or three.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #57 on: 12 August 2019, 10:23:21 »

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #58 on: 12 August 2019, 10:33:05 »
If golden century gets a choir of angels, what would RS: 3150 NTNU get?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #59 on: 12 August 2019, 10:38:42 »

Register