Author Topic: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza  (Read 154647 times)

Spirit Cat Refugee

• Sergeant
  • Still alive
Re: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza
« Reply #1020 on: 26 March 2024, 19:06:18 »
Huh, you're right. I did a search on Sarna and I don't see any other references to Tiber Rosse. I wonder if you dropped that in the Errata thread if they would change it (all they would have to do is replace Rosse with Nova Cat) in future printings. There is no official CGL errata for Legends, so it might be worth bringing it to their attention.

Nice catch!

One of the CGL devs on their discord said it had been brought to their attention earlier and they were fixing it.
Clan Protectorate

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
« Reply #1021 on: 26 March 2024, 21:07:41 »
One of the CGL devs on their discord said it had been brought to their attention earlier and they were fixing it.
Nice. I guess I should pay more (any) attention to the discord server. Glad they're fixing it though.
« Last Edit: 27 March 2024, 08:20:44 by cmerwin »
"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.

parable

• Sergeant
« Reply #1022 on: 27 March 2024, 02:00:20 »
Darn, definitely didn't mean for that to happen! Hopefully it was a gentle weeping and will continue to be a labor of love!

I've been hemming and hawing over it for a while now and it's not putting me out much--I was delivered a call to action and am heeding it.  The headpiece, there's the real work.  I can spend all I want, but making a good looking custom headpiece will be the real problem.  This is "while parable's account gently weeps," not "cosplay's silver hammer."
Kaldumeir Nova Cat, Abtakha Mechwarrior of Clan Nova Cat, late of the Draconis Combine.

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1023 on: 27 March 2024, 08:55:28 »
I've been hemming and hawing over it for a while now and it's not putting me out much--I was delivered a call to action and am heeding it.  The headpiece, there's the real work.  I can spend all I want, but making a good looking custom headpiece will be the real problem.  This is "while parable's account gently weeps," not "cosplay's silver hammer."
Oh good. I can only imagine the complexity of the headpiece! Are you going to try and do the whole outfit described in FM Comstar?

parable

• Sergeant
« Reply #1024 on: 27 March 2024, 16:26:35 »
Oh good. I can only imagine the complexity of the headpiece! Are you going to try and do the whole outfit described in FM Comstar?

Yep.  Vest, shorts, sandals, fingerless gloves, all in black leather with some studs for accents, black Nova Cat headpiece with quills.
Kaldumeir Nova Cat, Abtakha Mechwarrior of Clan Nova Cat, late of the Draconis Combine.

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1025 on: 27 March 2024, 17:04:13 »
Yep.  Vest, shorts, sandals, fingerless gloves, all in black leather with some studs for accents, black Nova Cat headpiece with quills.
That's going to look A-MA-ZING.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1026 on: 27 March 2024, 19:29:07 »
This discussion has taken a weird turn.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #1027 on: 27 March 2024, 19:37:46 »
 Weird is one of the definitions of Clan Nova Cat in the Battletech Lexicon.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #1028 on: 27 March 2024, 19:39:50 »
The real reason we got kicked out of the Clans. Our ceremonial rizz was to strong for the rest of them. :D

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1029 on: 27 March 2024, 21:01:49 »
The real reason we got kicked out of the Clans. Our ceremonial rizz was to strong for the rest of them. :D
Probably the most apt analysis of our Abjuration.

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1030 on: 27 March 2024, 21:05:00 »
This discussion has taken a weird turn.

Huzzeyla!
« Last Edit: 27 March 2024, 21:06:40 by cmerwin »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1031 on: 27 March 2024, 21:05:27 »

Also the true source of Combine hostility.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1032 on: 27 March 2024, 21:06:03 »
Also the true source of Combine hostility.
TBF, you're not wrong.

parable

• Sergeant
« Reply #1033 on: 28 March 2024, 03:47:03 »

I mean, Clan Blood Spirit's red Cobra Commander ceremonial uniform is pretty baller, ngl.  But the Nova Cat leaned into the "leatherdaddy furry" side of things and it hit the other clans' insecurities a bit too hard.  It mightn't be a stretch to say that the Nova Cats are the Rob Halford to the Clans' metal scene.

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1034 on: 28 March 2024, 08:35:18 »
I mean, Clan Blood Spirit's red Cobra Commander ceremonial uniform is pretty baller, ngl.  But the Nova Cat leaned into the "leatherdaddy furry" side of things and it hit the other clans' insecurities a bit too hard.  It mightn't be a stretch to say that the Nova Cats are the Rob Halford to the Clans' metal scene.
I lived in Berlin for many years and would drink at a metal bar called the Rockcafe Halford, which (at the time), had an 8-foot tall paper mache statue of Rob Halford in leathers.

I will now repurpose the memory of that as a Nova Cat Elemental in ceremonial attire thanks to you.  :laugh:

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1035 on: 28 March 2024, 09:21:02 »

Looks to me my Nova Cat throtkin spent couple of days too many in the sweat lodge  :shocked:

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1036 on: 28 March 2024, 17:19:33 »
Looks to me my Nova Cat throtkin spent couple of days too many in the sweat lodge  :shocked:
That's where we burn the catnip and keep our fur clean? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Or something like that.

parable

• Sergeant
« Reply #1037 on: 29 March 2024, 03:07:35 »
Weird is one of the definitions of Clan Nova Cat in the Battletech Lexicon.

It's telling that in Field Manual: Comstar the general vibe the Nova Cat author gives off when talking about ceremonial garb and how they used to have to tone it down for Grand Council meetings feels to me like a catharsis.  "As a concession to our more traditional brethren, when the Khans attended a Grand Council, the vest and shorts were replaced by a full-length black-leather suit in the same style.  Obviously, this is no longer necessary." 

Now, given how over the top other Clan ceremonial uniforms are, the only real difference I can find between Clan Nova Cat and the others is that the Nova Cat ceremonial uniform shows more skin--but the Clans surely wouldn't care about that, right?  Is it that it resembles casual clothes?  Actually, this has piqued my interest.  Why, of IIRC all the Clans, did Nova Cat feel the need to amend their ceremonial uniform for inter-Clan relations?

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1038 on: 29 March 2024, 05:30:40 »
Now, given how over the top other Clan ceremonial uniforms are, the only real difference I can find between Clan Nova Cat and the others is that the Nova Cat ceremonial uniform shows more skin--but the Clans surely wouldn't care about that, right?  Is it that it resembles casual clothes?  Actually, this has piqued my interest.  Why, of IIRC all the Clans, did Nova Cat feel the need to amend their ceremonial uniform for inter-Clan relations?

The Clans obviously care about nudity to some degree, or they'd be nude a lot more often. And while they may be okay with nudity in less-formal situations, they may still feel it inappropriate/irreverent to do so during ceremonial occasions.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1039 on: 29 March 2024, 09:32:55 »
This is a great question and this passage has been rolling around in my head since I re-read it yesterday. I think you are right, I don't think it's about the skin. I think it's about the lack of formality and what that represents. Most of the Clans seem incredibly uptight and formal. Deviating from this is dangerous and potentially un-Clan like. The bonfire ceremonies that the Cats have are wild, untamed, and tap into something that is barely controlled/controllable. Worse, that Khan Rosse had a vision of leading the Nova Cats to a perfect society that was not the one designed by Nicolas, borders on heresy.

Nicolas barely tolerated our quasi-mystical/"religious" attitudes, to eschew Clan formality at the Grand Council would be a slap in the Great Founder's face. I think the full-body black leather cat suit for the Kurultai is a concession and a protection that yes, we can come to heel, and not about modesty.
« Last Edit: 29 March 2024, 09:34:42 by cmerwin »

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #1040 on: 30 March 2024, 16:54:29 »
Alternatively, they're just jealous of our abs routine and the fact we dont skip leg day. You know the Smoke Jaguars skip leg day.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1041 on: 30 March 2024, 16:59:50 »
You know the Smoke Jaguars skip leg day.

They absolutely do not skip leg day. They're pouncers.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

parable

• Sergeant
« Reply #1042 on: 30 March 2024, 17:16:30 »
They absolutely do not skip leg day. They're pouncers.

They don't need leg day, they get all the exercise they need running from war crime to war crime.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1043 on: 30 March 2024, 17:34:43 »
They don't need leg day, they get all the exercise they need running from war crime to war crime.

Better than running from genocide to genocide. :evil:

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1044 on: 30 March 2024, 20:33:53 »
As in: running from (your own) genocide to genocide? To be fair, we're the only reason the Jags escaped their genocide.

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1045 on: 30 March 2024, 20:36:16 »
Alternatively, they're just jealous of our abs routine and the fact we dont skip leg day. You know the Smoke Jaguars skip leg day.
Wait. Are we the Clan equivalent of Right Said Fred??!?!?!?

🎶I'm too sexy for this mech, too sexy for this mech, too sexy for Ker-ren-sky....🎶

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1046 on: 30 March 2024, 21:12:19 »
As in: running from (your own) genocide to genocide?

I don't know what that means.

parable

• Sergeant
« Reply #1047 on: 30 March 2024, 22:12:36 »

Is that not the Word of Blake strategic doctrine?

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1048 on: 31 March 2024, 21:16:47 »

March 31st is the International Transgender Day of Visibility
Nova Cats see all, welcome all (except stravag).
This particular Nova Cat ally, believes BattleTech is for everyone.
« Last Edit: 31 March 2024, 21:31:02 by cmerwin »

parable

• Sergeant
« Reply #1049 on: 01 April 2024, 02:56:11 »

March 31st is the International Transgender Day of Visibility
Nova Cats see all, welcome all (except stravag).
This particular Nova Cat ally, believes BattleTech is for everyone.

Seyla!

Register