Author Topic: Proliferation Cycle in Hardback...  (Read 4654 times)

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Proliferation Cycle in Hardback...
« on: 11 March 2023, 10:53:59 »
Anyone have trouble getting yours?

I ordered off Amazon for the free shipping and I've cancelled and re-ordered it now and about to give up on it ever being shipped, despite it being listed as in stock. Can't find any form of dead tree version on the CGL store.

I called Amazon and suggested they had a glitch in their system, but they brushed me off on that. I did get some amazon credit for it though, haha.

Was this some kind of limited-run thing? Hasn't come out yet?

Similar experiences?

Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
Re: Proliferation Cycle in Hardback...
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2023, 15:38:08 »
It's print on demand. They don't actually have it in stock, but Amazon will print it and ship it.
How long did you wait before cancelling and reordering?
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2023, 16:20:46 »
I got a copy via .co.uk with no problem a few months ago, hardback and everything.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #3 on: 14 March 2023, 20:35:54 »
It's print on demand. They don't actually have it in stock, but Amazon will print it and ship it.
How long did you wait before cancelling and reordering?

Three months the first time.

I'm at two weeks exactly as of today on the re-order and just got the "We have no idea" email.

I've had that happen less than ten times total in the many years I've used Amazon and got two such emails on the first order. I hope it's not a Canada-thing.

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #4 on: 15 March 2023, 08:19:27 »
Strange. I have never had that. Neither as a customer nor as a writer using Amazon as a publishing tool myself.
Sorry, out of my depth here.

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #5 on: 15 March 2023, 09:17:44 »
Three months the first time.

I'm at two weeks exactly as of today on the re-order and just got the "We have no idea" email.

I've had that happen less than ten times total in the many years I've used Amazon and got two such emails on the first order. I hope it's not a Canada-thing.

A friend of mine had a similar problem last week but with a pre-ordered Transformer rather than with a PoD product.  Could be a wierdness in Amazon's back-end... so to speak.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #6 on: 12 April 2023, 19:57:31 »
Just got another "no idea" notice.

Where did you folks order from? Is Amazon a bad seller here?

A.E. Housman

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #7 on: 13 April 2023, 08:27:30 »
Amazon is the one producing the print version. There is no one else. This is really strange.
Have you contacted John Helfers?

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #8 on: 19 April 2023, 17:42:53 »
Amazon is the one producing the print version. There is no one else. This is really strange.
Have you contacted John Helfers?

No, I don't have the link open, is he the author? Sounds familiar.

A.E. Housman

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #9 on: 19 April 2023, 17:52:07 »
John Helfers is in charge of the print book stuff on Amazon (among other things)

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #10 on: 20 April 2023, 06:48:47 »
I talked to him. This is not a singular issue with Amazon (it happens, albeit rarely), but there is absolutely nothing he can do, since he has no control over Amazon.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #11 on: 20 April 2023, 18:34:54 »
I talked to him. This is not a singular issue with Amazon (it happens, albeit rarely), but there is absolutely nothing he can do, since he has no control over Amazon.
John Helfers is in charge of the print book stuff on Amazon (among other things)

Thank you both for looking into it for me! I can be patient.

A.E. Housman