Author Topic: BattleTech Theme Questions or Errors  (Read 3884 times)

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
BattleTech Theme Questions or Errors
« on: 27 March 2014, 19:21:39 »
Please post'em here.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Iron Wind Metals
  • Captain
Re: BattleTech Theme Questions or Errors
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2014, 20:14:39 »
How about the IWM logo up with Battlecorps, CSO and CGL?

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2014, 22:25:42 »
I would suggest increasing the size of the battlecorps and CSO logs to match the height of the battletech one. All of the logos on that "bar" should appear to be in the same size. Including the CGL one.

Akalabeth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2014, 23:17:39 »

Yes I was going to suggest that. I thought maybe because it was another company, but then CSO is up there so I'm not sure why there'd be a link to CSO but not IWM.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2014, 00:02:16 »
Thank you for leaving the previous look of the forums available.   The new one had me feeling like I was looking at a geocities page.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Onirim

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 28 March 2014, 03:14:46 »
This theme is absolutely gorgeous !
I applause !
Mechwarrior from France

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 28 March 2014, 05:01:02 »
It's about gosh-darned time that this board got a professional looking theme. A nice one at that, too.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #7 on: 28 March 2014, 06:47:00 »
This theme is absolutely gorgeous !
I applause !

+1 O0

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #8 on: 28 March 2014, 07:06:46 »

I was able to track down the most of the remaining logos and add them to their final home, and in the process return the "upshrink" arrow so you can hide the header/news. Just click the arrow in the upper right hand corner of the forum to hide the header/news and make post replying quick and easy.
« Last Edit: 28 March 2014, 07:19:29 by Knightmare »
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #9 on: 28 March 2014, 07:22:39 »
Thank you for leaving the previous look of the forums available.   The new one had me feeling like I was looking at a geocities page.

No worries.

It was pointed out that the default SMF theme makes for a great "sneak" theme while at work. So we kept the option of both themes dubbed SneakyTech 1.0 and SneakyTech 2.0.

They won't have any of the BT look, but some members might be able to run them under the radar of their evil boss overlords.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #10 on: 28 March 2014, 10:42:31 »
I love the new look!!!
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Siden Pryde

• Warrant Officer
  • Papermaster
« Reply #11 on: 28 March 2014, 15:42:41 »
Loving the new look.  Thanks for all the hard work guys.  O0

Terminax

• Lieutenant
  • Never despair. Never surrender.
« Reply #12 on: 28 March 2014, 17:04:18 »
Detest it. Makes the site nearly unusable for me. Is there any way for me to set it in the old format manually?

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #13 on: 28 March 2014, 17:09:11 »
Detest it. Makes the site nearly unusable for me. Is there any way for me to set it in the old format manually?

Yes. Click on "Profile" -> "Look and Layout" -> Change Theme. The original Curve and Core are both still available.

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #14 on: 28 March 2014, 17:43:16 »
The Catalyst icon's url is spelt cataylstgamelabs.com and not catalystgamelabs.com

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #15 on: 28 March 2014, 17:47:52 »
Fixed. Good catch!  O0

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: 28 March 2014, 20:56:13 »
Thanks! I'm blue-color blind and use an adjustment so that the blue forum looks different to me than most people. Whatever the new color setup is, it's screws that up and gives me a headache from the eye strain.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #17 on: 29 March 2014, 00:41:37 »
The new theme is predominately orange and grey, so that would definitely be a problem. Do you want some help tweaking your board to better suit your needs? PM me with some details—I may be able to help make your user experience more enjoyable.

Terminax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 29 March 2014, 07:19:00 »
I've got my computer already set to a fair number of things and if I adjust one, it tends to cascade. Old setting still works just fine so as long as that works, I'm good.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #19 on: 29 March 2014, 08:00:18 »
I've got my computer already set to a fair number of things and if I adjust one, it tends to cascade. Old setting still works just fine so as long as that works, I'm good.

Gotcha.

Well, all of the old themes are still available. If you're having trouble reassigning them to your profile, let me know and I'll do it for you.

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #20 on: 29 March 2014, 17:30:29 »
The header has IWM, MWO and MW:T smaller and higher then the rest of the other icons. Intentional?

Chrome on Win7, 64bit

EDIT: Odd, everything is just fine on my desktop running the same set-up...
« Last Edit: 29 March 2014, 20:38:22 by greatsarcasmo »
Maker of big things.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #21 on: 29 March 2014, 21:00:14 »
The header has IWM, MWO and MW:T smaller and higher then the rest of the other icons. Intentional?

Chrome on Win7, 64bit

EDIT: Odd, everything is just fine on my desktop running the same set-up...

Refreshing your cache should fix the odd height issue (an older logo is to blame.) The relative size of each logo has everything to do with how they resized and what originals I was given. 

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #22 on: 30 March 2014, 13:04:18 »
Refreshing your cache should fix the odd height issue (an older logo is to blame.) The relative size of each logo has everything to do with how they resized and what originals I was given.
clearing the cache didn't do it, but restarting the computer did.

Yay computers!
Maker of big things.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #23 on: 30 March 2014, 20:19:33 »
That would do it.  O0

Register