Author Topic: Server not responding.  (Read 2043 times)

Wikkid

• Warrant Officer
Server not responding.
« on: 12 February 2016, 04:28:53 »
It seems I have a 50/50 chance of loading the forum at any given time. It is an issue specific to this forum (I use several and do not have similar issues else where) it does not seem to be specific to any given time of day.
Be Pure. Be Vigilant. Behave!

Wikkid

• Warrant Officer
Re: Server not responding.
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2016, 03:24:43 »
Would any of the tech heads care to address this issue for me as it is ongoing? Cheers.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2016, 06:42:55 »
Do you go to the site on more that one device or more importantly on more than one data connection? Does it happen on all of them or just those connecting via XXX (house internet connection, phone's internet connection, etc)

Wikkid

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2016, 08:53:58 »
iPad and android phone and laptop all via wifi (and sometimes 3G with the phone).

I have the same habits browsing and participating on several other forums without any issues.

To reiterate my first post, it is an issue specific to this forum.
« Last Edit: 23 June 2016, 12:28:14 by Wikkid »

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2016, 09:59:43 »
I see what is probably similar performance from this forum, but I wouldn't say it's as often as 50/50.  I wouldn't even go so far as one attempt in ten to access the forum.  However, I do get "website not available" waaaaay more often than any other sites I frequent. And it's irrespective of what connection or platform I'm using at the time.

Edit: Ironically, the server pulled one of its "time outs" just as I posted this message.
« Last Edit: 22 February 2016, 10:04:31 by Tai Dai Cultist »

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2016, 10:27:20 »
We're well aware of the forum's problems and have been looking into ways to improve user accessibility and stability.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Register