Author Topic: Casual Smoke Jaguar colour scheme  (Read 128 times)

Von Jankmon

• Lieutenant
  • Everyone is entitled to my opinions
Casual Smoke Jaguar colour scheme
« on: 21 March 2024, 18:13:15 »
I am going to paint some Smoke Jaguars, Invasion era, and wanted to know what to do to paint mechs and elementals from this clan in as basic and normie a way as possible.  I am not talking about paint job quality here,  I can handle highlights shading a multi tone paint jobs, but I am looking for a stereotypical one style fits all for these units.  I am more interesting field rather than parade colours but something the average Trinary could sport if it was landing from space and could not plan ahead what environment it was fighting in.
The only iconography will be the clan icon and maybe some numerics, hazard stripes.  No specific unit insignia at all.

My idea by going basic is so it would not stand out as 'wrong' whether I label my force as anything from Solahma to Keshik
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Casual Smoke Jaguar colour scheme
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2024, 19:59:58 »
Greys. Medium grey base, light grey patches. Metallic lasers. Then hit with a black wash, you'll be amazed at how that brings up the detail.

Any BA painting work benefits from an appropriate wash.
« Last Edit: 21 March 2024, 23:19:46 by worktroll »
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2024, 21:51:18 »
Mottled greys frequently come up as a generic scheme IIRC, and most Jaguar Elementals wore this scheme to be lower-visibility. And honestly, all the Jaguar front-line Galaxies are combos of greys, including Epsilon's alternate scheme.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2024, 09:27:55 »
You can get the Camo Specs Online: A Guide to Faction Paint Schemes: Clan Smoke Jaguar PDF for free in the online store or you can see if there's something you like on the Camo Specs website
« Last Edit: 22 March 2024, 09:29:39 by Ghaz »

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2024, 11:24:43 »
Olive drab or 3-tone NATO woodland camo.

Most of what you see painted on units in CamoSpecs is for pep rallies.  You don't go on a battlefield dressed like a clown unless you have a really clever plan   :smilie_character_pirate2:

I believe this also makes it easier to proxy for other factions.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2024, 11:26:47 by BATTLEMASTER »
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Register