Author Topic: More crack please  (Read 237496 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: More crack please
« Reply #990 on: 31 July 2014, 22:05:49 »
Okay, I suppose I'd tagged that as retrotech, despite its use of primitive technology.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #991 on: 31 July 2014, 22:15:40 »
We also haven't got the primitive Archer yet the ARC-1A, so lots of primitives to go I guess, hurry up Vol. 4.

There was a plethora of primitive-y variant names on the Reunification War RATs that haven't appeared yet. I concur bring on Vol 4!

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

BigAl

• Corporal
« Reply #992 on: 31 July 2014, 22:16:35 »
Do you think or hope that we will see any new PDF's?  Like right before Gen-Con, like it has been for the past couple of years?

If anyone is going to the Q and A and or public forums at Gen-Con,  for Battletech and Catalyst Gamers Lab can we please get a transcript or a report on what was said.

Thanks 

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #993 on: 31 July 2014, 22:23:07 »
Its hard to say. 
Its been said all along that CGL has other projects their working on, such as Valiant Universe RPG.
Which i think its understandable, new venue, new angle get different people who aren't attracted to either our franchise or Shadow Run.   New people, new blood, hard cash is more important keep whole company going.   

Gencon is important launch date,  though if it said and done. I rather see our friends at CGL take their time and get everything as right as they can.

When its whatever they have is available is ready, we'll see it.  I hope it comes out before Gencon, but its been different kind of gaming year for us given how last year's record releases blew us away with title after title breaking out of the dam of projects.   I think we got spoiled from that!  :D
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #994 on: 31 July 2014, 22:40:17 »
IIRC the Bellerophon we currently have art and stats for is a different model than the one in the RATs. I'm currently away from my books but I'll try to confirm ASAP.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
« Reply #995 on: 31 July 2014, 23:12:06 »
The "Billy-ruffian" looks so sweet, it's good to hear there may be a playable version in the future!
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #996 on: 31 July 2014, 23:55:49 »
Do you think or hope that we will see any new PDF's?  Like right before Gen-Con, like it has been for the past couple of years?

If anyone is going to the Q and A and or public forums at Gen-Con,  for Battletech and Catalyst Gamers Lab can we please get a transcript or a report on what was said.

Thanks

I would really like to know when the Battletech Forum is. See what's going on, it was good info last year. 
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #997 on: 01 August 2014, 05:29:42 »
Okay, I suppose I'd tagged that as retrotech, despite its use of primitive technology.

Yeah, that's a "new" Retro-Tech unit, not a Primitive.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #998 on: 01 August 2014, 05:49:26 »
IIRC the Bellerophon we currently have art and stats for is a different model than the one in the RATs. I'm currently away from my books but I'll try to confirm ASAP.

Well, Era Digest Age of War shows the Bellerophon with a date of 2500. The Bellerophon in XTRO: Prim 3 has a date of 2442. I'm guessing the one in the Era Digest is the "primitive" version of the prototype that is in the XTRO...but who knows. There's no model designation.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #999 on: 01 August 2014, 09:36:11 »
Thanks

I'm going to Con and will see what I can do.  I was able to record it and was allowed to post it last year, I'll see if I can this year.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1000 on: 01 August 2014, 22:04:46 »
I'm going to Con and will see what I can do.  I was able to record it and was allowed to post it last year, I'll see if I can this year.
Suuuuupa,  that would great if your could!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1001 on: 01 August 2014, 23:47:36 »

When is it?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #1002 on: 02 August 2014, 09:33:57 »

When is it?

The whats up with CGL seminar is 9am on Friday.  Hoping the BT seminar is up right after but nothing up yet for it.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1003 on: 02 August 2014, 09:56:59 »
The whats up with CGL seminar is 9am on Friday.  Hoping the BT seminar is up right after but nothing up yet for it.

9a thanks for the update. I'll be there.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1004 on: 02 August 2014, 12:52:42 »

I think someone said they were doing a single seminar for all things Catalyst this year.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1005 on: 02 August 2014, 12:53:59 »
Adrian Gideon, god of the giving of crack...when's the next dose?!?!?!  O:-) 8)

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #1006 on: 02 August 2014, 13:19:53 »
I'm sorry, I really can't say. I've got at least 3 products that are very close to release, but I'm on a plane in a week and all my time right now is focused on GenCon material prep.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1007 on: 02 August 2014, 14:11:26 »
Cool...thanks for the heads up!

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1008 on: 02 August 2014, 17:46:34 »
I'm sorry, I really can't say. I've got at least 3 products that are very close to release, but I'm on a plane in a week and all my time right now is focused on GenCon material prep.

3 products, awesome!

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #1009 on: 02 August 2014, 19:16:24 »
ilClan, Interstellar Operations, and Homeworlds 3145!
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Prince of Darkness

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1010 on: 02 August 2014, 19:48:14 »

You had better not be pulling legs here Kamas
Cowdragon:
I'm going to type up your response, print it, fold it in half, and look at it like a I would a centerfold. THAT's how sexy your answer was.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #1011 on: 02 August 2014, 20:10:11 »
You had better not be pulling legs here Kamas

He is.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
« Reply #1012 on: 02 August 2014, 20:14:08 »
Very much so ...

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1013 on: 02 August 2014, 20:14:42 »
I am hoping for xtro primatives IV, field report periphery and Operation Turning Point: REVIVAL Trials
« Last Edit: 03 August 2014, 07:24:15 by mrbooth »

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
« Reply #1014 on: 02 August 2014, 20:18:35 »
Sorry mrbooth, I read that as "Operation Turing Revival" - which might have a very different meaning  ;D

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #1015 on: 02 August 2014, 20:41:18 »

Thanks

Well that is my self appointed job in the fandom, reporting on gen con commings and goings for the podcast
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #1016 on: 02 August 2014, 20:49:10 »

Shenanigans!!!

To the patient go the spoils

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1017 on: 02 August 2014, 21:19:38 »
Era Report Dark Age, Alpha Strike Companion and something else??  What will that something else be?? Is the answer that will be solved in 2 weeks.

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #1018 on: 03 August 2014, 05:25:34 »
Battlecorps Anthology - Counterstrike?
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1019 on: 03 August 2014, 05:51:01 »
Battlecorps Anthology - Counterstrike?
I won't have thought of that, since I'm more person who think its a printed/published book in the physical form of short-stories from a online Fiction source.

Personally if our luck holds out, it will be Field Report 2765 Periphery, XTRO: Primitives vol IV and one of the two Historical Turning Points - Revival or Widowmaker.

Register