Author Topic: More crack please  (Read 237537 times)

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
Re: More crack please
« Reply #1050 on: 02 September 2014, 20:00:29 »
I wasn't at GenCon...so I don't know what was said there
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1051 on: 02 September 2014, 20:07:52 »
Well, on the coming soon page and been mentioned in past posts by the staff was
Operational Turing Points: Operation Revival
Operational Turning Points: Widowmaker Absorption
Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives Vol.4
Field Report 2765: Periphery

Coming soon pages also mentions:
Experimental Technical Readout: Republic
Handbook: House Kurita (sounds it still being worked)

Hopefully con season will end well enough release can happen. This been a long dry spell. I know they have other projects their working on, but its feel its been long time now.
« Last Edit: 05 September 2014, 10:02:56 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #1052 on: 04 September 2014, 09:37:13 »
I've looked around at threads regarding the IlClan sourcebook. I have two questions I wonder if the crowd can answer for me. I'm very interested in the current timeline and eagerly want to know how it is going to advance.

1. Is the IlClan book, which I gather has been written but perhaps not illustrated, still going to be released? Or has the writing team changed their mind?

2. If the answer to the above is "yes, it will be released," will it be before the end of this calendar year?

Cheers!

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #1053 on: 04 September 2014, 09:44:13 »
I've looked around at threads regarding the IlClan sourcebook. I have two questions I wonder if the crowd can answer for me. I'm very interested in the current timeline and eagerly want to know how it is going to advance.

1. Is the IlClan book, which I gather has been written but perhaps not illustrated, still going to be released? Or has the writing team changed their mind?

2. If the answer to the above is "yes, it will be released," will it be before the end of this calendar year?

Cheers!

Yes, it will be released, but not until next year sometime.

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #1054 on: 04 September 2014, 10:09:38 »
This slow down in Battletech fiction reminds me of the end of the Civil War era 12 years ago.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1055 on: 04 September 2014, 10:15:16 »

Cheers!

MarauderD...please see the quote right from the source, it is now considered gospel...

Oh for ******'s sake.

IlClan is my project. I was assigned it before Herb stepped away. I crafted the outline, I worked out the content with Herb. I assigned the writers, and so on.

IT. IS. STILL. COMING.

There's been no scrapping of writing, no changes to the format or content, no readjustment of canon. The ONLY thing that has changed is that it has been shuffled around the schedule and has been moved farther down due to other mitigating circumstances that none of you need concerning with. It's coming, just not now.

So PLEASE STOP with the 'woe is us' crap. Thank you.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #1056 on: 05 September 2014, 06:58:49 »
Yes, it will be released, but not until next year sometime.

You have a Source on next year sometime?  I mean yeah it's probably fair to assume since it's not listed as coming soon and it's September.  But let's not say when things are releasing without an official source.

When we do that it leads to drama.

And then posts like Ghostbear's

This slow down in Battletech fiction reminds me of the end of the Civil War era 12 years ago.

Except CGL is churning out tons of new products, expanding the game line, and basically looks to have a trajectory quite the opposite of FASA's

To the patient go the spoils

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #1057 on: 05 September 2014, 07:31:57 »
You have a Source on next year sometime?  I mean yeah it's probably fair to assume since it's not listed as coming soon and it's September.  But let's not say when things are releasing without an official source.

When we do that it leads to drama.

And then posts like Ghostbear's

I will have to dig through the forums, but I am fairly sure that an authority figure confirmed that it would be next year.  Let me look.

That said, I will be quite happy to be proven wrong and it comes out in November or something  ;D

However, all I can say to my fellow fans here is be patient.  The book is coming as confirmed by Ghost Bear.  More books are coming as confirmed by many of the developers.  Heck, I even bet a new era in Battletech is going to start in the next year or two.  I am feeling quite positive and excited to see what happens next :)

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #1058 on: 05 September 2014, 07:48:43 »
GB's post was the latest (and most definitive) on the subject at the moment. At this point there's no need to look deeper.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1059 on: 05 September 2014, 08:46:19 »
Adrian Gideon...

Any chance we could get an update from you or TPTB about the estimated time when we will be getting our next dose & to quell everyone's thirst for more (as well as squash some rumors)?

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #1060 on: 05 September 2014, 16:27:30 »

Except CGL is churning out tons of new products, expanding the game line, and basically looks to have a trajectory quite the opposite of FASA's

Yes.  Just noting that it seems very quiet on the Battletech front after the major push to get the plastic miniatures out.  I didn't mean to suggest this was the end of Catalyst.

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #1061 on: 16 September 2014, 12:16:41 »
*sits in meditative pose*

Ommmmmmmm.....new products are coming
Ommmmmmmm.....more details on the universe will arrive
Ommmmmmmm.....patience is a virtue
Ommmmmmmm.....just relax already!

The road to self enlightenment is freaking arduous!   :D

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1062 on: 16 September 2014, 12:20:49 »
*sits in meditative pose*

Ommmmmmmm.....new products are coming
Ommmmmmmm.....more details on the universe will arrive
Ommmmmmmm.....patience is a virtue
Ommmmmmmm.....just relax already!

The road to self enlightenment is freaking arduous!   :D

Hope you take breaks to eat, drink, pee, & poop! It's been a long wait for that next of 3 items Adrian Gideon said were close to release just before GenCon...so hopefully any day now.

I'm sorry, I really can't say. I've got at least 3 products that are very close to release, but I'm on a plane in a week and all my time right now is focused on GenCon material prep.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1063 on: 16 September 2014, 14:06:25 »
Hope you take breaks to eat, drink, pee, & poop! It's been a long wait for that next of 3 items Adrian Gideon said were close to release just before GenCon...so hopefully any day now.

I guess it depends on the folks working on it and if there still con going on distracting everyone.  I so want check out that Primitive Rifleman.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #1064 on: 16 September 2014, 14:09:40 »
Wouldn't that just be a guy holding a muzzle loader?

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1065 on: 16 September 2014, 14:11:26 »
I so want check out that Primitive Rifleman.

And the Archer, Warhammer, etc...

Wouldn't that just be a guy holding a muzzle loader?

Naaa...that's a Minuteman!

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #1066 on: 16 September 2014, 14:32:14 »
Those are still the the products to release next (though 1 or 2 Record Sheet PDFs have come along, so those might see release in the next batch).

After con season I took a week off, since then I've been catching up with all the correspondence, small fires, administrative stuff, etc., then I was hit was some major hardware issues which I'm currently dealing with.

Once I get to finalizing these PDFs I'll let you all know. Thanks!
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1067 on: 16 September 2014, 14:33:26 »
Awesome, thanks for the update Adrian!

Sorry to hear about all the issues, hopefully they are all resolved soon.

Hussar2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1068 on: 16 September 2014, 15:05:11 »
Those are still the the products to release next (though 1 or 2 Record Sheet PDFs have come along, so those might see release in the next batch).
Can you tell us which record sheets PDFs are close to release?
« Last Edit: 16 September 2014, 17:55:15 by Hussar2 »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1069 on: 16 September 2014, 15:16:38 »
I was hit was some major hardware issues which I'm currently dealing with.

I feel your pain, my machine still being reassembled. I've been bumming and borrowing computers for least month.

Hope your problems iron out!

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #1070 on: 16 September 2014, 16:46:40 »
though 1 or 2 Record Sheet PDFs have come along, so those might see release in the next batch

Would one of those finally be TRO Prototypes Unabridged?
I have spoken.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #1071 on: 16 September 2014, 17:08:19 »
I so want check out that Primitive Rifleman.

... O:-)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1072 on: 16 September 2014, 17:11:04 »

After con season I took a week off, since then I've been catching up with all the correspondence, small fires, administrative stuff, etc., then I was hit was some major hardware issues which I'm currently dealing with.

Thanks for the update. Credit card in hand ready.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #1073 on: 17 September 2014, 10:59:25 »

Thanks for the update Adrian!  Sorry to hear about your technical issues too.  That is never a good thing!

Take whatever time you need to relax as well.  We want to make sure you and the team are fully rested and creative.

*returns to meditative state and patiently waits*

Ohmmmmmmmmm.......

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #1074 on: 22 September 2014, 12:19:37 »
Does anyone have a summation of big books that are "definitely still coming but we don't know when"

Interstellar Ops
HB Kurita
Ilclan

Anything else???

To the patient go the spoils

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1075 on: 22 September 2014, 12:22:27 »
Does anyone have a summation of big books that are "definitely still coming but we don't know when"

Interstellar Ops
HB Kurita
Ilclan

Anything else???

It's not a book, but ... Succession Wars boardgame.

mike19k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1076 on: 22 September 2014, 17:56:12 »
It's not a book, but ... Succession Wars boardgame.

I so want this.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #1077 on: 22 September 2014, 18:03:16 »
I just want any new Battletech... :'(

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1078 on: 22 September 2014, 18:12:47 »
I just want any new Battletech... :'(

We all do.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #1079 on: 22 September 2014, 18:16:54 »
well, some of us are a little more particular than that. I'm only really excited over ilClan and Op Revival. and Op Revival I'm mostly curious to see how much new we learn.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem