Author Topic: More crack please  (Read 239949 times)

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
Re: More crack please
« Reply #1260 on: 04 October 2014, 00:10:12 »
No disrespect intended Deadborder, but never heard of it.
I have spoken.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #1261 on: 04 October 2014, 00:17:30 »
http://www.rifftrax.com/ - Rifftrax

They provide "Audio commentaries" for movies in the style of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (funnily enough, the team consists of three of the MST3K alumni), both in the form of separate audio tracks and integrated videos with commentary

Among other things, they've been working their way through the Harry Potter series. The Rifftrax for Deathly Hallows part 1 was released on 31st October, 2013. As yet, there's no sign of the last one. And that's after the first one was released in August 2008.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
« Reply #1262 on: 04 October 2014, 04:45:50 »
Personally I prefer Cinematic Titanic, have not yet watched Rifftrax.

And I have been waiting on the new membership packages for the Adelaide Crows since August. Not that long a time, certainly, but the kids and I are getting impatient.

Trajan Helmer

• Lieutenant
  • Better and calmer than you
« Reply #1263 on: 04 October 2014, 05:55:10 »
 Since we're on Page 51, it must be time to mention the IlClan sourcebook's release date again?   :D
Anyone can redesign the Hellbringer's base chassis.  Real men work only with the pod loadout- Natasha K (forum poster)

Do not taunt Happy Fun Aegis. http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,42045.msg968574.html#msg968574

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #1264 on: 04 October 2014, 06:30:51 »
Wait did we miss the House Book: Kurita cue?

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #1265 on: 04 October 2014, 07:42:58 »
Since we're on Page 51, it must be time to mention the IlClan sourcebook's release date again?   :D

Ilclan
 ^-^

What do you want from me?  My favorite faction might get back to the story and my son's name is Alaric...  I have horses in this race!

To the patient go the spoils

Gäiten

• Warrant Officer
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #1266 on: 04 October 2014, 07:46:38 »
What do you want from me?  My favorite faction might get back to the story and my son's name is Alaric...  I have horses in this race!

Very pragmatic  ;)

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1267 on: 04 October 2014, 09:15:06 »
Wait did we miss the House Book: Kurita cue?

No worries, some folks have thought that or something similar for years.  It's just a long time baking.  I don't mind, they are my favorite house, so I prefer the effort and time put into it.

As for names, mine is Eric, a root of the Alaric name.  As such I too feel like I have a horse in the race.  Or part of a horse, the back legs and hind quarters at least.   ;)

Still hoping the Home Clans show up for ilClan.  Or if not, maybe the rest of the deep periphery cast will have a release to appear in.  I know the area has been in the authors hands for some time, I hope our musings don't screw anything up. 
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1268 on: 04 October 2014, 11:23:47 »
I think the Handbook: Kuritia will be arguably the best of the series, since its had longest time in the oven.  Flash back to 3067, with some interesting things to read up and some specialty items the Kuritans will only have.

Man this release could be too expensive if all this stuff comes out at the same time like dam breaking since its been building for a while.

"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

BigAl

• Corporal
« Reply #1269 on: 04 October 2014, 13:31:36 »
HOLY COW!!!!!  Am I seeing things or on the real crack (which i never would), BT record sheets:  Vechile Annex Industrial PDF is up for sale.

I am waiting to see if any other PDF's come up soon.   Thank you the TPTB.

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
« Reply #1270 on: 04 October 2014, 13:44:03 »

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1271 on: 04 October 2014, 13:59:08 »
Not up on battlecorp yet.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #1272 on: 04 October 2014, 14:19:50 »
I think I'll just wait for it to come out on BattleShop...

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #1273 on: 04 October 2014, 14:22:47 »
Sweet.

Bought it.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #1274 on: 04 October 2014, 14:27:44 »
I just purchased it; How long have we known that Stephen Tyler was a Khan of Clan Ice Hellion? Why wasn't I told about this? Sure, the spelling is different but it's so appropriate.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #1276 on: 04 October 2014, 15:08:13 »

um, yeah what the heck

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1277 on: 04 October 2014, 15:30:43 »

wwwjason

• Sergeant
  • Some People Call Me the Space Cowboy
« Reply #1278 on: 04 October 2014, 15:43:01 »

Agreed - not a fan of the DTRPG watermarks. I'm surprised this wasn't simultaneously posted on BattleShop...
Jason Williamson, Captain of the Dragoon's Home Guard, witness to the Death of Jaime Wolf at Harlech, Outreach, Oct. 18 3067.

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #1279 on: 04 October 2014, 15:52:49 »
It's interesting to see the perspective shown in the opening fiction piece for REVIVAL Trials.

Also, to go back to a recent conversation, I noted that in the course of the bidding, the Star Adders bid their entire touman!

I'm not sure if that had ever been confirmed before, but it does show their intent to go all-in - which may be a factor worth remembering if they decide to treat a post-3145 invasion as an exercise in mass migration.

« Last Edit: 04 October 2014, 15:58:21 by Nerroth »

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1280 on: 04 October 2014, 15:56:07 »
I would rather wait until it's on the Battleshop. Nothing against DTRPG but just think it goes to Battletech itself.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1281 on: 04 October 2014, 16:03:40 »
It's interesting to see the perspective shown in the opening fiction piece for REVIVAL Trials.

Also, to go back to a recent conversation, I noted that in the course of the bidding, the Star Adders bid their entire touman!

I'm not sure if that had ever been confirmed before, but it does show their intent to go all-in - which may be a factor worth remembering if they decide to treat a post-3145 invasion as an exercise in mass migration.

It does set the Star Adders position out rather well.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #1282 on: 04 October 2014, 16:46:05 »
What's the issue with DTRPG watermarks?
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1283 on: 04 October 2014, 16:55:15 »

I know the Star Adder bid put them "right out" of it all, that has been expressed in different ways through several publications.   IIRC, I read that they had bid seven galaxies, but I'm not entirely sure on that either.  However, the new info works just about as good as seven galaxies, if you make them all Jade Falcon sized galaxies.   

Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Kotetsu

• Captain
« Reply #1284 on: 04 October 2014, 17:26:01 »
Because the forces of legal restrictions, industrial security, national security, and economics never come into play to prevent the instant spread of new technology to any and all interested parties?

This must be why the US Navy has ceased to build Aegis DDs now that Zumwalt has launched, and nobody's building F-16s anymore, and iPhone 6s have 100% market penetration worldwide..

Based on BattleTech logic as it has been laid out for years now, the instant the TH reached standardization protocols, every manufacturer in the TH would have been ordered to build with them.

A close reasoning to why new technology sometimes is perfected in one location of the Inner Sphere and a couple of weeks later everyone in the Inner Sphere seems to have their hands on it...

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #1285 on: 04 October 2014, 17:52:36 »
To Adrian, Ghost Bear, and anyone else involved in providing our most recent fix...as well as the next one coming...

Thank you
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #1286 on: 04 October 2014, 18:09:49 »
To Adrian, Ghost Bear, and anyone else involved in providing our most recent fix...as well as the next one coming...

Thank you

Hear Hear, I'm enjoying OTP:RT
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #1287 on: 04 October 2014, 18:13:56 »
Ima gonna keep refreshin' on BattleShop now!
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #1288 on: 04 October 2014, 18:39:03 »
Interesting that the "New Battletech For Sale!" thread hasn't been updated...maybe they aren't done giving us our new dose???
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #1289 on: 04 October 2014, 18:43:30 »
um, yeah what the heck
  I think DriveThru’s software uploads things semi-automatically, as they receive them, whereas BattleCorps’ uploads and product-listings are done (I believe) manually, which can take a little longer.  No direct knowledge, AFAIK, IIRC, YMMV, etc. etc.  :-\

Register