Author Topic: More crack please  (Read 237543 times)

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
Re: More crack please
« Reply #90 on: 02 February 2014, 02:38:29 »
Who was that big muckety-muck what bit the dust taking Liao? Seem to recall someone dying there and "ascending" afterwards...
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #91 on: 02 February 2014, 05:47:54 »
Perhaps that planet has some high symbolic value. You know, "ancestral Capellan world" and all that stuff.
I thought every world a Capellan family of four had visited long enough on holiday to have a bowel movement was an ancestral Capellan world over which no amount of bloodshed was too much to see its liberation and return to the Capellan state bosom?

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #92 on: 02 February 2014, 06:07:33 »
Who was that big muckety-muck what bit the dust taking Liao? Seem to recall someone dying there and "ascending" afterwards...
:)

I thought every world a Capellan family of four had visited long enough on holiday to have a bowel movement was an ancestral Capellan world over which no amount of bloodshed was too much to see its liberation and return to the Capellan state bosom?

I wonder when the Capellans declare the Clan Homeworlds to be part of the Capellan Confederation.

Kingdom of Surev, Democratic Republic of Rand, Emerald Kingdom - these proofs of the Capellan claim and primacy are irrefutable ...
Is there anyone who would refuse the Confederation its ancestral worlds of Eden, Circe and Arcadia? And Strana Mechty?   :))

Actually, my secret source from the CGL told me that the Dark Age timeline will end with the Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation taking the title of the First Lord of the Third Star League from Devlin Stone, and winning the title of ilKhan from Malvina Hazen and Alaric Davion-Wolf-Steiner-Ward in direct hand-to-hand combat "one against two".

That will be the end of the BattleTech as we know it, as there will be left anything to write about ...

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #93 on: 02 February 2014, 06:21:51 »

Oh now I get it! Those 'Mechs aren't falling after all!

Silly Liao, even on their way to heaven they spitefully shoot their foes.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #94 on: 03 February 2014, 01:27:21 »
I thought he fell in combat during the Capellan Crusades...am I misremembering?
Not in the direct combat, he succumbed to to the severe intestinal distress brought by the field rations.
Shoot first, laugh later.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #95 on: 03 February 2014, 01:42:48 »
Not in the direct combat, he succumbed to to the severe intestinal distress brought by the field rations.

Ah, I see. So he was eating captured RAF supplies...   ;)

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #96 on: 03 February 2014, 02:33:04 »
Ah, I see. So he was eating captured RAF supplies...   ;)

He then "ascended" after getting close to an open flame...

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #97 on: 03 February 2014, 19:08:10 »
Its been since December since we've seen anything new from CGL. I think i m getting withdrawal symptoms.

I need squeeky new! Please!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #98 on: 03 February 2014, 19:10:31 »
Its been since December since we've seen anything new from CGL. I think i m getting withdrawal symptoms.

I need squeeky new! Please!

[stupid]

[soapbox] Squeeky New! Squeeky New! Squeeky New! Squeeky New! Squeeky New! Squeeky New! Squeeky New! [soapbox]
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

RebelRunner

• Warrant Officer
  • RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!
« Reply #99 on: 03 February 2014, 19:27:58 »
Actually, my secret source from the CGL told me that the Dark Age timeline will end with the Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation taking the title of the First Lord of the Third Star League from Devlin Stone, and winning the title of ilKhan from Malvina Hazen and Alaric Davion-Wolf-Steiner-Ward in direct hand-to-hand combat "one against two".

That will be the end of the BattleTech as we know it, as there will be left anything to write about ...

I'm scared now  :-[ :-[
*God Bless Regulus.
*A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
* "Want someone out of a building for sure? Fire a magnesium parachute flare through the window. He’ll leave."

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #100 on: 03 February 2014, 20:09:09 »
I'm scared now  :-[ :-[
If you want believe that, I have a HPG I can sell you.  Fully operational with garrison troops recently layed off from the Republic of the Sphere.   [legal]
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #101 on: 03 February 2014, 21:40:43 »
Depending on how long it may be before the ilClan book is out, I wonder what might be in store for this year's GenCon?

If the "Fall of Terra" event of 2013 was meant to be set at or near the culmination of that book's storyline, the assumption at the time might have been that we'd have the book available before the moment came to plan ahead for GenCon 2014.

But if things aren't ready to move forward into the post-ilClan storyline by then, where would that leave this year's canon event?

Well, I suppose there are other events between 3145 and 3151 that could be portrayed, away from Terra itself. (Depending on how far the DCMS and CCAF push into the Federated Suns, perhaps GenCon 2014 might host the next Battle for New Avalon?)
« Last Edit: 03 February 2014, 21:44:59 by Nerroth »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #102 on: 03 February 2014, 21:52:56 »
Hopefully, some XTRO will come out, or a Turn-A-Gunda...err I mean Turning Points: Whatever.

Josva Valdreki

• Master Sergeant
  • ...With blackjack. And hookers. In fact....
« Reply #103 on: 03 February 2014, 22:28:03 »

I wonder when the Capellans declare the Clan Homeworlds to be part of the Capellan Confederation.

Kingdom of Surev, Democratic Republic of Rand, Emerald Kingdom - these proofs of the Capellan claim and primacy are irrefutable ...
Is there anyone who would refuse the Confederation its ancestral worlds of Eden, Circe and Arcadia? And Strana Mechty?   :))

That would be impressive.

Did they say when Devlin Stone becomes First Lord of the Third Star League?
Úlfhéðnar Free Company
Clan Free Ghost Rasalhague Bear Dominion Republic

Adam Vagus

• Master Sergeant
  • Wearing my tightest pants, because it's midnite!
« Reply #104 on: 04 February 2014, 06:59:29 »
Right after it was revealed that the Davion and Kurita family crests meant they were entitled to a kahnship each.

RebelRunner

• Warrant Officer
  • RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!
« Reply #105 on: 04 February 2014, 09:44:47 »
If you want believe that, I have a HPG I can sell you.  Fully operational with garrison troops recently layed off from the Republic of the Sphere.   [legal]

Yeah, and I've got some land in Florida ta sell ya  ^-^ ;)
*God Bless Regulus.
*A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
* "Want someone out of a building for sure? Fire a magnesium parachute flare through the window. He’ll leave."

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #106 on: 04 February 2014, 10:03:19 »
Havent seen Adrian Gideon for awhile. Hope he is doing ok. Art seems to be coming along fine. Maybe they are just taking a step back from the forums.

We are kind of needy  ;D
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Molossian Dog IIC

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the sword ... die by dysentery.
« Reply #107 on: 04 February 2014, 20:11:53 »
Let me throw this wad of money in your face!  :D

Sidenote: That the wad is consisting of little else than bits and bytes and comes through a cable shouldn´t fool you about where it is aimed at.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #108 on: 04 February 2014, 20:59:24 »
I hope the IlKahn book is as good as the Wars of Reaving book.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #109 on: 05 February 2014, 00:30:26 »

Written by other writers but line developed by Ben Rome. It will be good. :)
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #110 on: 05 February 2014, 09:32:43 »
I wonder if the Ilknan book is going be suppliment to the IlClan booking out. ;) 

Seriously, given how the War of Reaving book rolled out, with extra-suppliment for record sheets, extra infomation for book.  Given how important the IlClan book is, i hope we see one if they have enough time write it up with it.  Stuff does get cut out unfortunately.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #111 on: 05 February 2014, 09:57:36 »

THERE IS NO BOOK CALLED ILKHAN!!! It's called ilclan

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #112 on: 05 February 2014, 10:37:29 »
Decaf, guys, no need to get mad over a minor mistake.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #113 on: 05 February 2014, 10:41:02 »
Decaf, guys, no need to get mad over a minor mistake.

It's for rumor control. People seem to be under the impression that there is a book coming called ilkhan when there isn't.

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #114 on: 05 February 2014, 11:02:01 »
*laughs*  Right now, I would be happy with any name if something new came out.

I need my fresh Battletech injection please!  Just so I can get by!  Honest!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #115 on: 05 February 2014, 11:44:06 »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #116 on: 05 February 2014, 11:50:06 »
That THR-C4 Thunder is great!

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #117 on: 05 February 2014, 11:53:26 »
Speaking of getting names right, is it still going to be Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, or is it being changed to Historical: Wars of the Republic instead?

(I'm hoping it'll stay as the former, since two of the conflicts listed as being featured don't actually involve the Republic of the Sphere...)

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #118 on: 05 February 2014, 11:59:22 »
Seems some people that were asking about which Emperor it was got a partial answer...but the art still doesn't match those answers. Per the description (...increasing the scale on the Emperor’s autocanons by 7%) makes one thing it's either a -7L which has 2 A/C 10's, or an -8L which has 2 LB 10-X's. Problem is both those variants have either 3 lasers, or 2 lasers & a Plasma Cannon in the LT...which this mechs reflects the base left, right, & head lasers.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #119 on: 05 February 2014, 12:16:50 »
Seems some people that were asking about which Emperor it was got a partial answer...but the art still doesn't match those answers. Per the description (...increasing the scale on the Emperor’s autocanons by 7%) makes one thing it's either a -7L which has 2 A/C 10's, or an -8L which has 2 LB 10-X's. Problem is both those variants have either 3 lasers, or 2 lasers & a Plasma Cannon in the LT...which this mechs reflects the base left, right, & head lasers.

Well, it could be standard EMP-6A Emperor. I would say it fits its stats. One laser under cockpit, one laser in each side torso, Arms with Autocannons and Lasers.

Register