Author Topic: More crack please  (Read 239809 times)

Sunsworn19

• Recruit
Re: More crack please
« Reply #330 on: 04 March 2014, 02:12:09 »
Well, i guess so. We've never got to read details of what happened.  We only get abstract stuff from only the House Books.  Nuked here, nuked there, regiment attacks another regiment.  Nuked both regiments.

The new Historical, gets into the slightly more gritty details, cities wiped out, people are homeless.  Liao troops gone fantatical, killing everyone except people they know their on their side. Etc.  Ugly stuff.

Don't get me wrong, the book is awesome read and fine campaign book.  I guess i've read too many books that kept the fighting clean.

Yeah wars of the republic era was definitely one of the dirtier reads.  After reading the Victoria War right up I can't help but think that Daoshen had every right to put Amanda Hasek on trial and execute her for war crimes.  I mean she pretty much started a war for attention.  Still, good read.  The bears finally did something.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #331 on: 04 March 2014, 06:12:47 »
I really hope they lock in a timeless damage resolution model. If cgl knock succession wars out of the park and have a risk, axis and allies or settlers of catan it could do amazing things for battletech and cgl.

Good luck guys. :)
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #332 on: 04 March 2014, 06:52:40 »
This sounds interesting.

https://twitter.com/catalystgamelab/statuses/440596952296980480

I particularly like this:
Need to quickly generate materials.

That should be CGL's motto.  O0
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #333 on: 04 March 2014, 10:00:44 »
That is a very intresting tweet. Looking like a neat game.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #335 on: 05 March 2014, 12:01:51 »
and from that link:

Most images start out with a quick rough sketch just to help establish the composition of elements within the scene and to nail down things like horizon, vanishing points, camera placement, lighting direction, etc.  Even at this very rough stage it can be very helpful for making design decisions.  From here we can get feedback from Layout to know where our ‘dead spaces’ will be for things like title, tags, logos, and other graphic elements that will go over the image.
      In the case of this first thumbnail, the specs called for Alex to shoehorn all the ‘Mechs from two upcoming Lance Packs (oriented towards Davion & Kurita) onto one battle-scene with a Quickdraw and Victor battling it out point blank in the foreground.

!
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

mike19k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #336 on: 05 March 2014, 13:27:19 »
Another cover started -

http://catalystgamelabs.tumblr.com/post/78655846782/battletech-alpha-strike-companion-cover-wip1

So starting the speculation. I can see the Victor, and after being told can see the Quickdraw. The one to the right of the Victor looks to be an Enforcer to me. The one between the Victors legs maybe a Hunchback? By the Victors left knee maybe an Atlas? By the Quickdraws right knee makes me think of Chameleon but would not be willing to bet on that. By the Quickdraws hip looks to me like a Ostscout. and the last one makes me think Wolfhound, but again not willing to bet on it. I could see the one that looks to me to be a Wolfhound being a Panther and the Chameleon being a Dragon as both would fit well with Kurita.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #337 on: 05 March 2014, 17:45:39 »
So starting the speculation. I can see the Victor, and after being told can see the Quickdraw. The one to the right of the Victor looks to be an Enforcer to me. The one between the Victors legs maybe a Hunchback? By the Victors left knee maybe an Atlas? By the Quickdraws right knee makes me think of Chameleon but would not be willing to bet on that. By the Quickdraws hip looks to me like a Ostscout. and the last one makes me think Wolfhound, but again not willing to bet on it. I could see the one that looks to me to be a Wolfhound being a Panther and the Chameleon being a Dragon as both would fit well with Kurita.
Not bad, 50/50 or so. Your initial guesses on the Wolfhound/Chameleon are off though ;)
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #338 on: 06 March 2014, 00:23:49 »
What I'd like to know, is will the lance packs require assembly? I'd love to see more minis come in one piece, no assembly required.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

mbear

• Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #339 on: 06 March 2014, 10:02:02 »
What I'd like to know, is will the lance packs require assembly? I'd love to see more minis come in one piece, no assembly required.
Probably be better off asking Iron Wind Metals. Or asking in the Minis forum.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

mike19k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #340 on: 06 March 2014, 10:40:06 »
Not bad, 50/50 or so. Your initial guesses on the Wolfhound/Chameleon are off though ;)

I was pretty sure that was the case, but as of right now that is what they make me think of, does not fit the factions so much.

Wolf Reaper

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Malo Mori Quam Foedari - Death Before Dishonor
« Reply #341 on: 06 March 2014, 11:49:23 »

Left: Quickdraw, Panther, Dragon, Vindicator maybe? Or perhaps and Awesome.
Right: Victor, Hunchback, Enforcer, ?
Star Colonel Vladik Ward
318th Wolf Striker Cluster
"The Blood Pack"

Sic Vis Pacem Parabellum  -"Those who seek peace, prepare for war."
"Grant me stillness and serenity as my enemies pound and howl." -Incantation against bombardment

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #342 on: 06 March 2014, 12:28:36 »
I would like to see much more mini crack please.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

BigAl

• Corporal
« Reply #344 on: 12 March 2014, 12:16:35 »
Any news on  ER: DA?

mike19k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #345 on: 12 March 2014, 13:59:35 »
Cover update....

http://catalystgamelabs.tumblr.com/post/79319239710/battletech-alpha-strike-companion-cover-wip2

With the update I see the one to the by the left knee now looks like a BattleMaster or Zeus, and that is the only one that I am willing to hazard a guess on.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #346 on: 12 March 2014, 14:08:03 »
Deja Vu?
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #347 on: 12 March 2014, 14:36:21 »

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #348 on: 12 March 2014, 15:59:59 »
This sounds interesting.

https://twitter.com/catalystgamelab/statuses/440596952296980480
I will sit on a chair that has minis glued around it (none on the seat thank you) and declare myself Star Lord of my kitchen table as I play.
Now I have to get past this whole pesky "wait for it to release so I can buy it and then play" thing.  >:D
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #349 on: 14 March 2014, 13:01:54 »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #350 on: 14 March 2014, 20:25:18 »
Thats great news, hopefully we'll be seeing this book by years end.  I hope.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #351 on: 14 March 2014, 20:48:30 »
IO is still ALIVE!!!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #352 on: 19 March 2014, 20:02:02 »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #353 on: 19 March 2014, 21:36:07 »
Glorious.

mbear

• Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #354 on: 20 March 2014, 06:57:08 »
Cover Update, AC/20 to the gut gonna leave a mark.

http://catalystgamelabs.tumblr.com/post/80116643657/battletech-alpha-strike-companion-cover-wip3
I'm reminded of a MST3K comment: "AAAHHHH! My spine!"
Be the Loremaster:

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #355 on: 20 March 2014, 08:45:21 »
Cover Update, AC/20 to the gut gonna leave a mark.

http://catalystgamelabs.tumblr.com/post/80116643657/battletech-alpha-strike-companion-cover-wip3
No Worries, the Mechs are trying make their points across. ;)
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #356 on: 21 March 2014, 08:20:54 »
What do you suppose to be coming in the near future?  Field Report 2765: LCCC (aka Free Worlds League military report) or the alpha Strike Companion?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #357 on: 21 March 2014, 08:26:31 »
Era Digest Dark Ages.

I really really want it!

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #358 on: 21 March 2014, 09:07:02 »
What do you suppose to be coming in the near future?  Field Report 2765: LCCC (aka Free Worlds League military report) or the alpha Strike Companion?

My guess is Alpha Strike Companion as the next physical product, based on the art previews in the CGL Tumblr feed.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #359 on: 21 March 2014, 12:52:39 »
Alpha Strike companion is still in playtest (with more components available to public playtest in the coming weeks), so that won't be available for a while.
Filed Report 2765: LCAF, Era Digest: Dark Age and XTRO: Gunslingers are the next products coming up.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech