Author Topic: Frankenmechs... I love salvage! (was: Atlas with Berserker parts)  (Read 6158 times)

Random

• Master Sergeant
Re: Frankenmechs... I love salvage! (was: Atlas with Berserker parts)
« Reply #30 on: 26 March 2013, 19:30:17 »
As long as I get to restock with some of the clantech in that Overlord, I'm ready to just call LCAF High Command and have them send in a professional salvage team.

As a suggestion I say look at taking the ones with standard armour.  In the game I'm playing getting a steady supply of Clan-Ferro is problematic and less than half the Clan mechs I have even end up in the TO&E because I can't re-armour them.    And make sure you get a finders fee for the rest :)

ialdabaoth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #31 on: 26 March 2013, 19:34:09 »
... They want us to crew the ship back to Hesperus, immediately.

It looks like WE'RE going to be the guinea pigs. :(

Random

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 26 March 2013, 19:51:25 »
I still say had vacuum is the way to go.  I would think that a decent life support system could replace lost air.  Even if you only vented the sections your going to use and seal off the rest of the ship.

Unless of course your GM is really evil and has the Life support system as the source of the Bio-hazard and the you pretty much screwed. 

ialdabaoth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #33 on: 26 March 2013, 21:37:40 »
As a suggestion I say look at taking the ones with standard armour.  In the game I'm playing getting a steady supply of Clan-Ferro is problematic and less than half the Clan mechs I have even end up in the TO&E because I can't re-armour them.    And make sure you get a finders fee for the rest :)

Also: this is a really good suggestion, but of course the one 'mech that everyone is drooling over is some kind of experimental one-off mod of a Phoenix Hawk IIC-6 with Ferro-Lamellar and a Partial Wing.

Actually, it looks like this entire Overlord was some kind of weapons field-testing / "skunkworks" regiment - there's a lot of crazy designs and tech in here that we can't even identify.

Also, it appears that some kind of mutiny occurred before the outbreak of whatever killed these people. It looks like the crew rounded up all their engineers and technicians and executed them, then double-jumped into this system before they all died of plague.

Random

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: 26 March 2013, 22:23:38 »
If they're are that experimental a swap deal might work.  Exchange them of top of the line IS gear and a significant jump up the resupply chain and/or a favour of getting the Social General who's making your life difficult reassigned to a listening post on the clan border (Don't want to give him troops they didn't do anything to you :)  )

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: 27 March 2013, 07:11:28 »
Or just grab a few weapons, and maybe plans if you find them.
Don't they have an ASF or so there that you can innocently fly home?^^
Savannah Masters are the Pringles of Battletech.
Ooo! OOOOOOO! That was a bad one!...and I liked it.

AJC46

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: 29 March 2013, 12:43:20 »
haha this campaign story is amusing please post more soon.

ialdabaoth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #37 on: 29 March 2013, 13:39:40 »
Aggggh of course the jump techs sabotaged the KF drive before they were executed. OF COURSE THEY DID.

There's some sort of joker program in the navcom. When you give the KF drive a jump order, it picks a system within 25 light years at random, spits out a haiku, and then jumps you there. If the LF battery is charged (which it was), it does this *twice*.

We're in Jade Falcon territory.

CloaknDagger

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 29 March 2013, 14:05:52 »
Aggggh of course the jump techs sabotaged the KF drive before they were executed. OF COURSE THEY DID.

There's some sort of joker program in the navcom. When you give the KF drive a jump order, it picks a system within 25 light years at random, spits out a haiku, and then jumps you there. If the LF battery is charged (which it was), it does this *twice*.

We're in Jade Falcon territory.

You got a whole warship?

DAYUM.

Fix the KF drive, fly to the edges of the Inner Sphere (opposite of the Clans of course) and become the new ruler of some world in the middle of nowhere!
« Last Edit: 29 March 2013, 14:14:30 by CloaknDagger »

ialdabaoth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #39 on: 29 March 2013, 14:07:47 »
That'd be awesome, if we hadn't jumped into the middle of an engagement zone at the Southern jump point. Carlson's compiling a sitrep.

Snimm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: 03 April 2013, 01:07:23 »
So you double-jumped into Falcon territory, eh? 

Well, I guess that settles the dispute on your home world.  Unless, of course, you survive the Clans and return as a conquering hero, all full of Clan tech and stuff.  Good luck.
Need help getting started with Against the Bot in MekHQ?  Click here to get yourself up and running!

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=41494.msg957784#msg957784

ialdabaoth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #41 on: 05 April 2013, 22:11:29 »
What we've got is a weird, WEIRD situation.

According to the engineers we just rescued from the wreckage of a small shipyard, the Falcons are slaughtering their civilians wholesale. Apparently, someone launched a viral bioweapon that specifically targets the Clan trueborn phenotypes, and the survivors are killing off everyone who might possibly have the knowledge to have made the virus, just to be sure.

They've made us an offer to repair the sabotaged jump drive, if we agree to rescue their families first.

CloaknDagger

• Major
« Reply #42 on: 05 April 2013, 22:30:29 »
What we've got is a weird, WEIRD situation.

According to the engineers we just rescued from the wreckage of a small shipyard, the Falcons are slaughtering their civilians wholesale. Apparently, someone launched a viral bioweapon that specifically targets the Clan trueborn phenotypes, and the survivors are killing off everyone who might possibly have the knowledge to have made the virus, just to be sure.

They've made us an offer to repair the sabotaged jump drive, if we agree to rescue their families first.

That's absurdly stupid in a huge number of ways.

First, WTF? You need them to cure it! Idiots.

Second, YOU ARE IN SPACE! Just go somewhere without the virus!

Snimm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: 06 April 2013, 13:45:56 »
The space drive doesn't work.  They won't get it working without the civilian help.  The civilians require them to go planetside to rescue their families before said repairs will be effected.  I don't think they can just ignore them in this case.
Need help getting started with Against the Bot in MekHQ?  Click here to get yourself up and running!

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=41494.msg957784#msg957784

RunandFindOut

• Lieutenant
  • Master of the LolCat Horde
« Reply #44 on: 06 April 2013, 14:00:24 »
Hey at least none of them have to worry about the Virus.  In fact they should try to get as many "samples" as possible to ensure they can turn it over to the Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare when they get home.  Because nothing says the IS can't use this unexpected gift.
One does not just walk into Detroit

She ignored the dragon, and Freddy Mercury who arrived to battle it with the Power of Rock.

Register