Author Topic: BattleTech Long Island II  (Read 172141 times)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Re: BattleTech Long Island II
« Reply #900 on: 12 January 2020, 20:38:08 »
grasslands?
a?
b?
c?
say again. over.

The nap names on the boxes.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #901 on: 17 January 2020, 19:38:30 »
OK people I have to play bad guy here. It you do not have forces set for the next mission I willhave to have your unit sit it out. I know Feb 8 is a bit down the road but it will be here faster then you think. Please go to your PM and kick in for your side.

Crash99c

• Sergeant
« Reply #902 on: 19 January 2020, 17:55:57 »
Hey gang - 

YAY double blind!!  Accidental charges, here we come!  :D :bang:

Jim, in answer to your question about drac C3... have them? yes.  have them WORKING?  Not so much :stupid: :crash: :ticked:  I even broke one trying to install it :-[

In response to the award, the major replies:

"I am deeply honored that I and my unit the Eagles Tears have been of service to your community.  This award is a pleasantly unexpected event, our unit was simply doing our duty.  It is our sincere hope that we can be of service to the Governor and people of Nejiro many times more to come." 

The major sends this internal message to the Eagles Tears:

"Although this award was presented to me personally, I consider it to be a unit citation for all of us for the good work we continue to do on this world.  I believe that this and the reduction in numbers of protestors around our base are a growing indication that the people of Nejiro are truly beginning to appreciate our work and are finally understanding that the bad press was an orchestrated attempt to discredit us for doing our job by those who wish this planet harm.  I believe that we can continue to improve relations with the community if we keep up the hard work and apply ourselves to our language and cultural lessons as well as combat duties, and remind you that my door is always open if there are any problems you wish to address.  Bravo Zulu everyone!"

Also, we send a scheduling request to the Governor's Liaison Officer (I apologize, I forgot the name and don't feel like scrolling through forever looking for it) for a meeting to discuss base improvements. 

Next item is that we send requests to both the Scorpio Small Arms and the Vehicle Manufacturing companies (also forgot the name) to discuss possible customizations to their products specifically for our unit.   Scorpio request addressed to Kamuzu Hajjar, the vehicle one to the appropriate equivalent sales rep. 

Also, request from governor's liaison officer an assessment of the reliability and trustworthiness of the companies, especially with regards to  any contacts/relationships they might have with the people attempting to destabilize the planet or operating against the governor.

Shadhawk, what is the availability of lrm/srm/arrow smoke rounds both on planet and off planet and delivery times and cost modifiers associated with them?

Send the following to other merc units:  "In keeping with the operational requirements to be met in the extension of contracts with the Governor, I would like to discuss joint simulator training to allow for better unit cohesion when working together.  Please contact me with your thoughts on this matter."

and for the rest, off to the pm's... :thumbsup:

-C

P.S. - didn't see any images for those maps, did I misunderstand that you were going to post pics?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #903 on: 19 January 2020, 21:56:23 »
Hey gang - 

YAY double blind!!  Accidental charges, here we come!  :D :bang:

no charges just lots of roller skates  >:D

Jim, in answer to your question about drac C3... have them? yes.  have them WORKING?  Not so much :stupid: :crash: :ticked:  I even broke one trying to install it :-[

pay your techs better  ::)

In response to the award, the major replies:

"I am deeply honored that I and my unit the Eagles Tears have been of service to your community.  This award is a pleasantly unexpected event, our unit was simply doing our duty.  It is our sincere hope that we can be of service to the Governor and people of Nejiro many times more to come." 

The major sends this internal message to the Eagles Tears:

"Although this award was presented to me personally, I consider it to be a unit citation for all of us for the good work we continue to do on this world.  I believe that this and the reduction in numbers of protestors around our base are a growing indication that the people of Nejiro are truly beginning to appreciate our work and are finally understanding that the bad press was an orchestrated attempt to discredit us for doing our job by those who wish this planet harm.  I believe that we can continue to improve relations with the community if we keep up the hard work and apply ourselves to our language and cultural lessons as well as combat duties, and remind you that my door is always open if there are any problems you wish to address.  Bravo Zulu everyone!"

they are for all the units on the mission. You were the one of the lucky ones to have to the face work  ;D. next time take that step back  ;).

Also, we send a scheduling request to the Governor's Liaison Officer (I apologize, I forgot the name and don't feel like scrolling through forever looking for it) for a meeting to discuss base improvements. 

OK we can setup a confab.

Next item is that we send requests to both the Scorpio Small Arms and the Vehicle Manufacturing companies (also forgot the name) to discuss possible customizations to their products specifically for our unit.   Scorpio request addressed to Kamuzu Hajjar, the vehicle one to the appropriate equivalent sales rep. 

as the store clerk said "Only what is on the wall." no custom gear.

Also, request from governor's liaison officer an assessment of the reliability and trustworthiness of the companies, especially with regards to  any contacts/relationships they might have with the people attempting to destabilize the planet or operating against the governor.

the vehicle companies are setup by her. Scorpio has been on world for a long time.

Shadhawk, what is the availability of lrm/srm/arrow smoke rounds both on planet and off planet and delivery times and cost modifiers associated with them?

not something that is made on world. like all special ammo types you would have to get them from off world.

Send the following to other merc units:  "In keeping with the operational requirements to be met in the extension of contracts with the Governor, I would like to discuss joint simulator training to allow for better unit cohesion when working together.  Please contact me with your thoughts on this matter."

now that is one good idea  :thumbsup:

and for the rest, off to the pm's... :thumbsup:

-C

P.S. - didn't see any images for those maps, did I misunderstand that you were going to post pics?

look back one page ... most of the way down  :-X

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #904 on: 28 January 2020, 03:12:25 »
Euron is in his office, getting set for a series of meetings with his personnel, some expected to be pleasant, others not.

The first of his appointments enters his office, it is Lorren Botley.

"You wanted to see me, sir?"
"I did." Euron begins.  "As you know, we've recently had a significant expansion to our forces.  As a result, I've decided to begin a complete reorganization of our unit from top to bottom."
"I see."  Lorren considered.  "How do you intend to proceed?"
Euron smiles and says, "As my Executive Officer, you have performed well in your duties and you also have the most battlefield experience here on Nejiro, apart from myself, of course."
Lorren frowns and scratches his head.  "Well, there was that one incident with the Com Guard Griffin that I could have handled better, sir."
Euron chuckles at that.  "True, but no one was ultimately hurt there.  Aside from that, though, you've performed admirably in all other circumstances.  Therefore, the first act of my reorganization will be to place you, Lorren, in command of Bravo Lance, effective immediately."
Lorren is taken aback.  "My, my own command?  Sir, I don't know what to say."
"Your agreement will suffice, Captain."  Euron replies.  "And speaking of that, the assignment also comes along with this."  Euron places a small box on his desk and opens it, revealing a pair of gold insignia.  "As of now, Lorren Botley, you are hereby promoted to the rank of Lance Captain.  Congratulations."
Euron offers his hand and Lorren shakes it.  "Thank you, Colonel."  The younger man says, "I promise I won't let you down."
"You'd better not."  Euron responds.
"So," Lorren said.  "Who's going to be part of my lance?"
"I'll leave that up to you for now."  Euron answers.  "I currently have other positions to assign with regard to the reorganization.  Send me a short list whenever you can and I'll decide whther or not to approve it.  Dismissed, Lance Captain Botley."
Lorren snaps to attention and salutes.  "Yes, sir!"

Euron watches his subordinate leave.  That one was easy, he thought, as he prepared for his next meeting of the day.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #905 on: 28 January 2020, 03:57:56 »
Alannah Harlaw enters Euron's office next.  She's wearing her old CCAF uniform.  She hasn't worn it for nearly 10 years and it feels a bit tight at the hips and doesn't quite fit right around the bust.  But this is an official visit, and she wouldn't be caught wearing civvies here.  Euron is waiting for her.

"You wanted to see me, Colonel?"  She asks.
Euron greets her.  "Please, Euron will be fine, Alannah.  So, how are you finding Nejiro?"
"It's pleasant enough, if you can get past the stares I've been getting from some of the people."  She answers.  "So, how has my nephew Dagmer been doing since I last saw him?  Has he performed his best for you?"
Euron thinks for a moment before replying with the truth.  "He's....been a bit of a challenge since coming here.  He was involved in an...altercation with Major Franks a few months back.  Insubordinate things were said and he was punished for it.  However, he has been acting better since the incident."
Alannah shakes her head and tsks.  "That boy was always headstrong and willful.  Losing his father didn't help either.  Don't worry, Euron.  His mother and I will be sure to remind him of the importance maintaining discipline in the ranks."
Euron cringes internally, remembering what both Genevive and Alannah were capable of when crossed.
"But I suspect that discussing Dagmer's conduct isn't why you called me here, is it, Euron?"  Alannah continued.  "What was the reason you wanted to see me?"
"I'm glad you asked."  Euron returned.  "I am currently in the middle of reorganizing our unit to cope with the arrival of you, Tristan and the rest of the families here on Nejiro.  To that end, I have decided that you should be returned to active service with the Ironborn."
Alannah raised in eyebrow.  "I fear that I may disappoint you in that regard, Euron.  I was never very good in the cockpit of a 'Mech and I'm afraid those 10 years of inactivity on Wei have eroded my skills even further."
"I wasn't planning on putting you on the frontlines, Alannah."  Euron said smiling.  "In fact, quite the contrary.  You were always better at coordinating strategy with larger units.  That's why, effective upon your acceptance, I plan to make you our official military and political liason to Governor Saganami of Nejiro.  You will coordinate with her on all matters regarding our problems with both the Black Dragon Society and the Word of Blake as well as their sympathizers among the populace."
"Ahhh." Alannah realized.  "You can't always be there when you're in the field, so you need me there with the Governor."
"I trust you."  Euron nodded.  "And I'm sure the Governor would appreciate your insight.  Of course, the position would also come with a commission to the rank of Major as well."
Alannah laughs at that.  "Trying to buy my acceptance now?  Euron, you naughty man.  Still, as matriarch of House Harlaw, it would behoove me to act in a position of some authority to assist the Ironborn and our families.  In that case, I accept your offer."  She bows her head to Euron.

Euron takes her hand in both of his.  "Thank you, Alannah.  I'm counting on you."  He then salutes and says, "Dismissed, Major Harlaw."

She returns the salute.  "Thank you for the opportunity, Colonel Greyjoy.  I'll see to my new duties immediately."  She then leaves.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #906 on: 29 January 2020, 02:52:39 »
Shortly after Alannah leaves, there's a knock at Euron's door.  The colonel is confused.  His next meeting isn't for another half hour.

"Enter." Euron calls out.  The door opens, revealing Tyr Blacktyde and his wife Gudrun.  The aged couple stare at Greyjoy as he stands up to greet them.

"Tyr, Gudrun."  Euron smiles, shaking Tyr's hand and then kissing Gudrun on the cheek.  "This is an unexpected surprise.  What can I do for the two of you?"

The white-haired Tyr is first to respond.  "Please excuse our intrusion, Euron.  I know you have a great deal to do, so Giudrun and I won't take up too much of your time, but we've come to an important decision."

"Think nothing of it."  Euron exclaims.  "I always have time for old friends.  So what's this decision you've reached?"

Tyr clears his throat and explains.  "We're here to announce our retirement from military service and from the Ironborn.  The trip from Wei gave us a lot to think about.  We're far too old to be of much use on the battlefield and we've been considering retirement for some time now."
Gudrun adds.  "Tyr and I only wish to settle down someplace quiet to live out the rest of our lives in peace.  Some place that isn't some drab military barracks on a strange planet that might come under attack at any given time."

Euron considers the request.  "I see.  Don't worry, I'll speak to the Governor on your behalf.  See if I can't find you a quiet spot to spend your retirement."

"Can it be someplace near the coast?"  Tyr asks.  "It's been some time since I was able to fish uninterrupted."
Gudrun laughs.  "You always did enjoy the sea, dear.  Truly, though, any place will do, Euron.  We just want someplace safe and quiet where we don't have to worry about war coming to our doorstep."
"That will be difficult given what's been happening around here lately."  Euron admits.  "By the way, if the two of you are planning to ride off into the sunset, who will lead House Blacktyde in your stead?"

"Our oldest, Jurgen, will lead the family.  He already has children of his own with your sister, Beryl.  He will make an excellent patriarch."  Tyr replies.

"All right."  Euron nods.  "I see to it your request is relayed to the Governor and that Jurgen is installed as head of House Blacktyde."
Tyr nods in agreement before Gudrun inquires,  "Incidentally, how has Stygg been performing under your command?  We haven't seen much of him since our arrival.  I hope he's been doing us proud."
"He has indeed."  Euron beamed.  "He's been a model soldier since day one.  Obedient, strong, and officious.  I've been considering a promotion for him to First Lieutenant."

"That is good."  Tyr says.
"I also think it's high time that he also be married."  Gudrun adds.  "He's 31 years old, he should have a wife and children of his own to carry on the family name.  Would you happen to know any potential prospects?"
Euron cleared his throat in embarrassment.  "I would never presume to interfere in such matters.  Besides, I'm not much of a matchmaker.  That was always more yours and Alannah's specialty.  However, I'm afraid Asha is off the table as I already promised Tristan that she would be betrothed to his son, Tristifer.  You could talk to Victarion.  I believe Audra is of marriageable age.  Or perhaps Isolde Botley, if you can convince Tristan."

Gudrun smiles.  "I'm sure I can find someone Stygg would find acceptable who would agree to marry him.  It's time he settled down...and gives us more grandchildren."
The three of them all laugh at that.
"Well,"  Tyr says.  "We will await the Governor's response to our request.  I think it's time we left the Colonel to his business, my love."
"Before you go."  Euron takes a bottle of brandy and pours three glasses and hands one to each of his guests before taking the third.  "A toast.  To a restful retirement."
"To a restful retirement!"  The three down their glasses.  Euron embraces both of them before the couple takes their leave.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #907 on: 30 January 2020, 01:14:05 »
Euron is in his office, getting set for a series of meetings with his personnel, some expected to be pleasant, others not.

The first of his appointments enters his office, it is Lorren Botley.

"You wanted to see me, sir?"
"I did." Euron begins.  "As you know, we've recently had a significant expansion to our forces.  As a result, I've decided to begin a complete reorganization of our unit from top to bottom."
"I see."  Lorren considered.  "How do you intend to proceed?"
Euron smiles and says, "As my Executive Officer, you have performed well in your duties and you also have the most battlefield experience here on Nejiro, apart from myself, of course."
Lorren frowns and scratches his head.  "Well, there was that one incident with the Com Guard Griffin that I could have handled better, sir."
Euron chuckles at that.  "True, but no one was ultimately hurt there.  Aside from that, though, you've performed admirably in all other circumstances.  Therefore, the first act of my reorganization will be to place you, Lorren, in command of Bravo Lance, effective immediately."
Lorren is taken aback.  "My, my own command?  Sir, I don't know what to say."
"Your agreement will suffice, Captain."  Euron replies.  "And speaking of that, the assignment also comes along with this."  Euron places a small box on his desk and opens it, revealing a pair of gold insignia.  "As of now, Lorren Botley, you are hereby promoted to the rank of Lance Captain.  Congratulations."
Euron offers his hand and Lorren shakes it.  "Thank you, Colonel."  The younger man says, "I promise I won't let you down."
"You'd better not."  Euron responds.
"So," Lorren said.  "Who's going to be part of my lance?"
"I'll leave that up to you for now."  Euron answers.  "I currently have other positions to assign with regard to the reorganization.  Send me a short list whenever you can and I'll decide whther or not to approve it.  Dismissed, Lance Captain Botley."
Lorren snaps to attention and salutes.  "Yes, sir!"

Euron watches his subordinate leave.  That one was easy, he thought, as he prepared for his next meeting of the day.

This is cool   8) I look forward to the T.O.& E. you will be settingup  :thumbsup:

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #908 on: 30 January 2020, 01:25:52 »
Alannah Harlaw enters Euron's office next.  She's wearing her old CCAF uniform.  She hasn't worn it for nearly 10 years and it feels a bit tight at the hips and doesn't quite fit right around the bust.  But this is an official visit, and she wouldn't be caught wearing civvies here.  Euron is waiting for her.

"You wanted to see me, Colonel?"  She asks.
Euron greets her.  "Please, Euron will be fine, Alannah.  So, how are you finding Nejiro?"
"It's pleasant enough, if you can get past the stares I've been getting from some of the people."  She answers.  "So, how has my nephew Dagmer been doing since I last saw him?  Has he performed his best for you?"
Euron thinks for a moment before replying with the truth.  "He's....been a bit of a challenge since coming here.  He was involved in an...altercation with Major Franks a few months back.  Insubordinate things were said and he was punished for it.  However, he has been acting better since the incident."
Alannah shakes her head and tsks.  "That boy was always headstrong and willful.  Losing his father didn't help either.  Don't worry, Euron.  His mother and I will be sure to remind him of the importance maintaining discipline in the ranks."
Euron cringes internally, remembering what both Genevive and Alannah were capable of when crossed.
"But I suspect that discussing Dagmer's conduct isn't why you called me here, is it, Euron?"  Alannah continued.  "What was the reason you wanted to see me?"
"I'm glad you asked."  Euron returned.  "I am currently in the middle of reorganizing our unit to cope with the arrival of you, Tristan and the rest of the families here on Nejiro.  To that end, I have decided that you should be returned to active service with the Ironborn."
Alannah raised in eyebrow.  "I fear that I may disappoint you in that regard, Euron.  I was never very good in the cockpit of a 'Mech and I'm afraid those 10 years of inactivity on Wei have eroded my skills even further."
"I wasn't planning on putting you on the frontlines, Alannah."  Euron said smiling.  "In fact, quite the contrary.  You were always better at coordinating strategy with larger units.  That's why, effective upon your acceptance, I plan to make you our official military and political liason to Governor Saganami of Nejiro.  You will coordinate with her on all matters regarding our problems with both the Black Dragon Society and the Word of Blake as well as their sympathizers among the populace."
"Ahhh." Alannah realized.  "You can't always be there when you're in the field, so you need me there with the Governor."
"I trust you."  Euron nodded.  "And I'm sure the Governor would appreciate your insight.  Of course, the position would also come with a commission to the rank of Major as well."
Alannah laughs at that.  "Trying to buy my acceptance now?  Euron, you naughty man.  Still, as matriarch of House Harlaw, it would behoove me to act in a position of some authority to assist the Ironborn and our families.  In that case, I accept your offer."  She bows her head to Euron.

Euron takes her hand in both of his.  "Thank you, Alannah.  I'm counting on you."  He then salutes and says, "Dismissed, Major Harlaw."

She returns the salute.  "Thank you for the opportunity, Colonel Greyjoy.  I'll see to my new duties immediately."  She then leaves.

Inside his office Elisio Aguiar Tekeda’s phone rings. “Sir I have a Major Alannah Harlaw asking to speak with the GSF liaison officer.”
“A Major Harlaw? Did you the command this Major is with?”
“Yes sir she said she is with the Ironborn. She is the Liaison for the unit and would like to have a meeting.”
“OK have Major Harlaw come in when she can. I look forward to meeting the Ironborn’s new liaison officer.”
“Yes sir, will do sir. You have openings most days next week. I will setup the date with her.”

‘Major Harlaw, Mr. Tekeda can meet with you any day next. What would work best for you?”

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #909 on: 30 January 2020, 17:32:08 »
Indeed, very cool.  Loved reading them

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #910 on: 31 January 2020, 00:09:44 »
Indeed, very cool.  Loved reading them

There are more "office sessions" on the way.  Stay tuned.

Dave

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #911 on: 03 February 2020, 17:53:23 »
Just an update that all units need to be setup by the 8th.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #912 on: 04 February 2020, 02:31:25 »
Euron's next scheduled appointment is with Tristan Botley, who enters the Colonel's office in his business suit and carrying an attaché case.

"Euron."  He says.
"Hello, old friend."  Euron responds, shaking his hand.  "It's good to see you again.  How was the trip here?"
"Nerve-wracking."  Tristan sighs.  "Things are not going well back home.  The Word of Blake has completely taken over Gibson.  I've heard reports of orbital bombardments, nuclear attacks, insurrections.  It's like all sides have thrown out all the rules of war.  Personally, I'm glad we all got out in time."
"I've heard similar things."  Euron admits.  "That's why I brought all four of the families here.  Sure, being in the Periphery brings its own set of difficulties, but I'd rather be here than in the Sphere right now."

"Putting all that aside," Tristan says. "what's this opportunity you told me to see you about?"
"Glad you asked." Euron returns to his reason for summoning Botley.  "I'm currently undertaking a reorganization of the Ironborn's resources and assets.  Part of this involves you, Tristan.  I want to offer you the position of Chief Operating Officer of the Kraken's Arms."
"Kraken's Arms?"  Tristan quirks an eyebrow.
"It's a machine shop, factory and warehouse that we run in in Hilo City.  It produces both standard and Light Gauss Rifle ammunition for both the Ironborn and the other GSF commands.  Given your previous business experience, I believe that you are the best choice to run this important industry."
"A Gauss slug factory?" Tristan is skeptical.  "I think you forget that I worked in acquisitions and sales, not production.  My knowledge might be lacking in how to run such a business."

"I have no one else to turn to."  Euron explained.  "Harald has been running the day-to-day operations up to this point, but it forces him to split his time between running things there and his work in our BattleMech maintenance bays.  He can't keep working that schedule indefinitely.  Also, I know you're good at balancing books and maximizing efficiency.  Eventually, I want to expand the operation to include LB-X Autocannon ammunition once we can get our profit margins high enough.  That's where you come in.  You can get the factory techs working like a well-oiled machine, making and selling top quality ammo for the GSF.  This should produce the money we need to get another production line set up to make LB-X ammo."
"I see."  Tristan considers.
"Also,"  Euron continues, "I'll be willing to pay you handsomely for your efforts.  My new contract with the governor should provide enough extra cash to pay you sufficiently to provide the lifestyle you, Maria and House Botley deserve."
Tristan thinks a bit longer before answering.  "A regular source of income would be desirable given my family's current position.  Also, the girls still need to complete their educations and attend university.  Very well, Euron.  I'll be the foreman for your factory.  Tell Harald I'll need to see our current production reports and profit levels so I know where we stand at the moment."
"I'll make sure he knows."  Euron nods.  "Oh, by the way, Tristan.  I was able to convince the governor to provide Lourdes with a scholarship to attend medical school once she's ready.  I remember how much she wanted to be a doctor."
Tristan smiles.  "That should make her quite happy, though she still has to finish high school first."
"Of course."
"There's one more thing, Euron."  Tristan seems pensive.  "You know a group from Syn's Hussars came with me from Zion?  One of them was a MechWarrior.  Meifeng Zhou.  You should meet with her.  There are...some things you should know.  Personal things."
"Personal how?"  Euron looks confused.
"Well, we're...together."  Tristan scratches the back of his head.
Euron looks at Tristan with a frown.  "Does Maria know?"

"Yes.  She does."  Comes a voice.  It belongs to a young, pretty Asian woman in her mid to late 20s, who has quietly entered the office.  She stands 5' 3" tall and wears a uniform with the insignia of Syn's Hussars on it.  Her hair is cut to chin length in a bob cut and her dark eyes are warm and expressive.  "Who do you think introduced us?"  She looks to Tristan and then back to Euron.  "Meifeng Zhou, formerly of Syn's Hussars.  At your service, Colonel."

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #913 on: 04 February 2020, 14:48:39 »

ComStar AP News Service

This is Edgar Phoebus Jr. for SBC News.
SBC News prides itself on reporting the truth and we investigate all of our stories to the fullest. However, last week a report about the initial attacks on Tharkad was sent out under the SBC name that was not the work of SBC. While SBC did not authorize this report it was sent out over our network and we take responsibility for the misinformation that was transmitted.
Tharkad was bombarded by WarShips belonging to the Word of Blake. While the Capellan and Canopian delegates were not there, there also is no proof of their collaboration. As you have no doubt heard in earlier reports, the Archon and his siblings were not killed in the attack but managed to escape harm. The Archon's precise whereabouts remain unknown but we suspect he is still on Tharkad, his brother Victor escaping with his ComStar troops.
We regret the inconvenience this may have caused and we will work hard to ferret out the source of this unscrup- :::

<<<<<Transmission Interrupted>>>
Attention Lyrans! We know you. We know you have no wish to disrupt the highest standard of living in the Inner Sphere that you currently enjoy. Compliance with the Master's plans will leave your realm unscathed. Resistance will leave you crippled to a point that will make living in the Periphery look enticing. Do not interfere with the Master! He has the power to unleash all you enemies upon you!
<<<Interruption Ends>>>

-it! what the fu--we're back on air? I'm sorry, ladies and gentlemen; we're having technical difficulties. We will now switch you to a classic episode of The Steinhearts until we can ensure a secure broadcast.

from SBC News Extra, Solaris Broadcasting Company, Solaris 1 March 3068

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #914 on: 04 February 2020, 15:40:57 »
ComStar AP News Service

[Josh Greene, a field reporter for Lyran Issues, stands before a backdrop of urban destruction. rescue workers and firefighters can be seen behind, searching the rubble and tending to wounded men and women, many in tattered and soiled business attire.]
[Greene] ".... Reports of damage inflicted by the Blakist WarShip -- tentatively identified as the Blake's Redemption, a Vincent-class corvette - continue to come in as we speak, Janice. I'm standing here at the site of what used to be the Donegal Stock Exchange. You can see behind me as Marsdenville firefighters, paramedics, and police continue to search the rubble for survivors.
We have also confirmed that orbital fire collapsed the Nashan Pharmaceuticals site downtown, making it the second Nashan Diversified's four main complexes here on Donegal to be struck by the Blakist attacks., which began barely thirty six hours ago. Still no word on the fate of Nashan CEO Duchess Margaret Doons, who was believed to be in her Willington's Eyrie headquarters when the bombing started.
"Likewise, the Mauser & Gray complex near Horrelsburg was struck by naval autocannon fire. Casualty estimates have been low for that attack so far, as the site apparently began evacuating when the first bombardments started.
"According to --"
[An explosion erupts behind Greene. People scatter and the camera spins losing focus. The image whirls, then comes to a sudden stop as the camera falls. Suddenly all is snow.]
[Janice Kreitzer] "Josh? Josh? Can you hear me?.... I'm being informed that our reporter and crew are fine, but that their equipment is no longer functional. Josh will be back with us later today.
Meanwhile, it has been reported that naval weapons fire damaged the main Lockheed/CBM manufacturing facililty. There are no estimates on casualties yet, but a spokesperson for the First Donegal Jaegers indicated that the area was completely destroyed, and the city of Sethensgard apparently suffered substantial damage as well. Casualties there could climb into the thousands.
"The Jaeger's initial attack against the Redemption failed to penetrate its fighter screen, though reportedly the Redemption's defenses were substantially weakened in the attempt. Since then, the regiment has tried to make use of any fighters available at the Lockheed complex for a second assault. With the damage done to those facilities, however, Jaegers commander Colonel Amy Smith admits that dislodging the Blakist vessel will be difficult. Colonel Smith is recommending that everyone seek shelter away from major population areas or other potential Blakist targets.
"Combined with the nuclear attacks that occured a hundred kilometers off the shores of Marsdenville earlier today, the devastation planetwide is enormous. We continue to receive reports of heavy damage to the capital city of Marsdenville. While it appears that the Blakist vessel targeted specific sites, such as the Donegal Stock Exchange, their weapons fire has caused a lot of collateral damage. There are reports of fires in almost every part of the city, and --"
[Kreitzer holds up a hand listening.]
[Kreitzer] "We've just been informed that the Ohav Shalom complex has been hit by capital class missiles. We also no longer have any contact with our reporters on the Tin Cans.
"At this time, ladies and gentlemen, HPG reports from our affiliates on Coventry and Hesperus II have confirmed Word of Blake attacks there as well. Though this affiliate remains undamaged for the time being, the fact remains that nobody knows where the next bombs or shells will fall. We will continue to cover these horrific events as they unfold, and pray for a miracle."

Excerpt from Lyran Issues a DBC holovid news magazine based on Donegal, 17 March 3068

« Last Edit: 04 February 2020, 15:44:01 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #915 on: 04 February 2020, 16:54:16 »
ComStar AP News Service

[Louis Ahinga (Editor, Skye Free Press)]: " How they can continue to feign complete ignorance--/"

[Wesley Smith (editor, Donegal Observer)]: " They may not be feigning anything. "We've all seen copies of the Captain-General's news advisory after Tharkad--"

[Annie Reed (Editor, Coventry Clarion]:" Civic Advisory!"

[Smith] "Absurd as it sounded, it carried the force of law. Nothing has been done to rescind it. If they-- and by 'they' I mean the Free Worlds League news media and regional governments -- believe that any information not vetted by the Captain-General or the Ministry of Information is in fact disinformation, they have no choice but to disregard any reports coming directly from us. Particularly since it seems evident their ministry of Information is heavily compromised by Word of Blake --"

[Reed]: "In other words, Marilk is not only aiding and abetting the Blakists, he's requiring his news media to do the same!"

[Smith]:"He is only aiding and abetting if he knows the truth. He may be as misled as the rest of his government. Or governments."

[Ahinga]:"If any of them are in fact misled."

[Smith]:"Oh, yes. There's probably huge disagreement over what should be done, which you'd expect from such a coalition. But none of them allegedly question that the 'root problem' is our nation's coming apart for no apparent reason and launching 'unprovoked' attacks against them? Sorry, a conspiracy among aggregate demi-nations simply would not have that uniformity. There's got to be dissent."

[Reed]:"They're uniform enough in their opportunism and greed. The League knows we're pressed by the Clans; it knows we're still rebuilding from the war; it knows we've been attacked by the Blakists. The League sees us bloodied and thinks us weak."

[Ahinga]:"When one of their own dictators got gunned down, they pretended to blame us as a pretext for invasion."

[Smith]:"Now --"

[Reed]:"Our punitive response was wrong only because it was not swift or decisive enough. The Leagues are taking advantage of our restraint, calling it an invasion as a pretext for a massive world grab. There's no evidence of confusion. They're Word of Blake up to their damn eyeballs and there will be no lasting peace until they've been blasted back to their 'blessed maker'."

from Weekend Update(Lyran Interstellar News), 7 March 3068

« Last Edit: 04 February 2020, 17:19:56 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #916 on: 04 February 2020, 17:37:49 »
shared Spark post
{local social media platform similar to facebook}

Mom -
Forgive the unorthodox routing, but if I'd sent this through channels you never would have seen it. I don't know what the official story on Coventry is, but the short form is: We're still here.
Damnedest thing. Don't know who hit us. Had to be Blakists or FWL, maybe both. But we never saw one insignia, never heard one call sign that gave a clue. They weren't Clan -  they fought in lances, not stars - but that's the only thing we can say for sure.
WarShip bombardment and hot dropped 'mechs. They meant to roll right over us. We made it a bumpy ride.
Kids at the Academy fought like hell, but you'd expect that. Held on and held out and more of them than should made it through.
But Mom, the militia. I've complained about being here, what? Three months working on refit and retrain for the CPM? I knew they had potential. But I didn't expect them to deliver.
What did that ass Walker call the CPM? Sunday soldiers? Well, it's been a month of Sundays ever since the hostiles hit. Discipline under fire you wouldn't believe. When they took hits, and they took a hell of a beating, they regrouped on the fly and never lost cohesion. Fought like - Well, we're still here and the other guys aren't.
They'll be back. But we're ready.
Tell Gloria and the kids I'm fine. I'll see you when this is over.

letter sent by Hauptmann Larry Schuester (on temporary detached duty from the 24th Lyran Guard) Coventry, 18 March 3068

« Last Edit: 08 February 2020, 10:06:08 by eilidhdawn »

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #917 on: 09 February 2020, 12:59:30 »
Euron's next scheduled appointment is with Tristan Botley, who enters the Colonel's office in his business suit and carrying an attaché case.

"Euron."  He says.
"Hello, old friend."  Euron responds, shaking his hand.  "It's good to see you again.  How was the trip here?"
"Nerve-wracking."  Tristan sighs.  "Things are not going well back home.  The Word of Blake has completely taken over Gibson.  I've heard reports of orbital bombardments, nuclear attacks, insurrections.  It's like all sides have thrown out all the rules of war.  Personally, I'm glad we all got out in time."
"I've heard similar things."  Euron admits.  "That's why I brought all four of the families here.  Sure, being in the Periphery brings its own set of difficulties, but I'd rather be here than in the Sphere right now."

"Putting all that aside," Tristan says. "what's this opportunity you told me to see you about?"
"Glad you asked." Euron returns to his reason for summoning Botley.  "I'm currently undertaking a reorganization of the Ironborn's resources and assets.  Part of this involves you, Tristan.  I want to offer you the position of Chief Operating Officer of the Kraken's Arms."
"Kraken's Arms?"  Tristan quirks an eyebrow.
"It's a machine shop, factory and warehouse that we run in in Hilo City.  It produces both standard and Light Gauss Rifle ammunition for both the Ironborn and the other GSF commands.  Given your previous business experience, I believe that you are the best choice to run this important industry."
"A Gauss slug factory?" Tristan is skeptical.  "I think you forget that I worked in acquisitions and sales, not production.  My knowledge might be lacking in how to run such a business."

"I have no one else to turn to."  Euron explained.  "Harald has been running the day-to-day operations up to this point, but it forces him to split his time between running things there and his work in our BattleMech maintenance bays.  He can't keep working that schedule indefinitely.  Also, I know you're good at balancing books and maximizing efficiency.  Eventually, I want to expand the operation to include LB-X Autocannon ammunition once we can get our profit margins high enough.  That's where you come in.  You can get the factory techs working like a well-oiled machine, making and selling top quality ammo for the GSF.  This should produce the money we need to get another production line set up to make LB-X ammo."
"I see."  Tristan considers.
"Also,"  Euron continues, "I'll be willing to pay you handsomely for your efforts.  My new contract with the governor should provide enough extra cash to pay you sufficiently to provide the lifestyle you, Maria and House Botley deserve."
Tristan thinks a bit longer before answering.  "A regular source of income would be desirable given my family's current position.  Also, the girls still need to complete their educations and attend university.  Very well, Euron.  I'll be the foreman for your factory.  Tell Harald I'll need to see our current production reports and profit levels so I know where we stand at the moment."
"I'll make sure he knows."  Euron nods.  "Oh, by the way, Tristan.  I was able to convince the governor to provide Lourdes with a scholarship to attend medical school once she's ready.  I remember how much she wanted to be a doctor."
Tristan smiles.  "That should make her quite happy, though she still has to finish high school first."
"Of course."
"There's one more thing, Euron."  Tristan seems pensive.  "You know a group from Syn's Hussars came with me from Zion?  One of them was a MechWarrior.  Meifeng Zhou.  You should meet with her.  There are...some things you should know.  Personal things."
"Personal how?"  Euron looks confused.
"Well, we're...together."  Tristan scratches the back of his head.
Euron looks at Tristan with a frown.  "Does Maria know?"

"Yes.  She does."  Comes a voice.  It belongs to a young, pretty Asian woman in her mid to late 20s, who has quietly entered the office.  She stands 5' 3" tall and wears a uniform with the insignia of Syn's Hussars on it.  Her hair is cut to chin length in a bob cut and her dark eyes are warm and expressive.  "Who do you think introduced us?"  She looks to Tristan and then back to Euron.  "Meifeng Zhou, formerly of Syn's Hussars.  At your service, Colonel."

Euron takes a moment to digest this news and the implications of what this Meifeng has just said before turning on his base intercom and saying: "Can someone please find Maria Botley and send her to my office."

"Right away, sir."  Euron prepares for a very uncomfortable conversation.  He's known Maria for years and realizes that if there is any untruth in Tristan and Meifeng's pronouncement, she'd be likely to leave three corpses behind in his office (including Euron himself).  "You two stay here until we get to the bottom of this."  He says to Tristan and Meifeng.  The pair seem pretty calm, though Euron is internally cringing.  This is going to be interesting.

Ten minutes later, Maria Botley walks into the office.  Even at the age of fifty, her body shows the signs of her beastly workout regimen.  She stands in at an amazonian 5' 10", taller than Tristan by an inch or two, and a full head higher than Meifeng.  Her long dark hair is shorn on the right side of her head due to the burn scars she received 10 years ago which also mar part of her cheek and underneath her chin.  Her sleeveless top leaves her arms bare, showing off her toned muscles.  Around her neck is a small piece of metal that Euron recognizes as part of the armor plating of her lost Phoenix Hawk, Vivienne, named for her mother, who she inherited it from long ago and now keeps as a momento.

"Maria." Euron begins, as he thinks how to talk to her about what he's just heard.  "There are certain...matters regarding your husband I need you to verify for me."

Maria looks over at Meifeng and her husband.  "You told him, didn't you?"  When Tristan nods, Maria shrugs and turns back to Euron.  "It's true.  They're ******."

Euron quirks an eyebrow as Maria continues.  "I met Meifeng about a year ago when she was with the Hussars.  Totally random meeting.  We got to talking and we hit it off immediately when we found we had a lot in common.  She knew about Tristan from his work in the acquisitions department at Free Worlds Defense Industries in grabbing new and rare 'Mech designs and tech, so I introduced them.  After their meeting, I could see she had a crush and so I debated whether or not to murder her."

Euron shakes his head. Yep, that's Maria for you.

"I didn't, as you can see.  Instead, I decided to get to know her better."  Maria licks her lips almost lasciviously.  "Much...better."

Euron's eyes widen.  "Soooo, then you-"

"I wined her, dined her, then dined on her."  She smirks lewdly.

Euron looks at Tristan and Meifeng.  The woman nods and blushes while Tristan scratches the back of his head.  Euron rolls his eyes at the confirmation.  Classic Maria.  He remembered the woman from when he first met her.  Maria had always been open and even crass about her wild youth, where she would seduce both men and women before eventually settling down (or so Euron had assumed) with Tristan and bearing him their four children.  Now it seemed that, now that she was past her child-bearing years, she'd gotten an inkling of that youthful spirit back, despite her age.

"So," Euron said, a strange look on his face.  "you three are, what exactly?  A trio?"

"Well," Maria breathed. "I told Meifeng she should follow Tristan back to Zion where he worked.  I also told her to tell Tristan what we'd done and to be honest about her crush on him.  Also, that he needn't worry about me if he wanted to have a little fun with her if he felt so inclined.  So, we worked out an arrangement, and it's worked ****** fantastic ever since."

Euron isn't sure what to think about this.  "Do your kids know about this?"  He asked.

Maria chuckles.  "Lorren doesn't.  He left with you before the affair got to that point.  Tristifer and Lourdes suspect, but don't know.  Only Isolde knows everything, and that's only because Meifeng is training her to be a MechWarrior."
"And she's okay with it?"
"She was a little shocked at first."  Tristan admits.  "But after she got to know Meifeng, she began to accept it. And now, with both Maria and Meifeng training her, she's readying to become a MechWarrior."
"Speaking of which," Maria changes the subject.  "I hear you got a couple rides that need pilots.  Which one's mine."

"I'll get to that," Euron tables the subject. "but first I need to know a few details of this...arrangement.  Such as, what happens if Miss Zhou were to bear Tristan's bastard?  I'm sure the kids wouldn't be happy about that."

"That's already been worked out."  Meifeng finally speaks up.  "Any Issue of Tristan and myself will not inherit the Botley name, nor any of the family's estate.  They will take my last name and become a separate family of the Ironborn."

"It's a better deal than what a concubine would get."  Maria admits.  "We'll help raise the kid, plus if Meifeng ever wishes to leave our little trio and get married legitimately, we'll help get her settled, but nothing more."

"I see."  Euron thinks.  "Just so you know, you are going to tell your children about this, come what may.  And they will swear themselves to secrecy about it.  The last thing I need is a secret like this getting out the hard way and damaging morale or standing with the Governor.  While it may not be illegal in the Confederation for a man to have a concubine, this is the effectively the Draconis Combine, where they may not look at it so favorably.  Also, you will absolutely NOT let this get out to my uncle Aeron.  He will NOT understand AT ALL!"

"Yeah, yeah, I remember what a prude he is."  Maria exclaims before muttering under her breath.  "Damn Lutherans."  A stern look from Euron silences her.

"As for your request about a 'Mech."  Euron switches gears.  "You're not getting one."
"What?!"
"At least, I won't be giving you one."  The Colonel continues.  "The ownership of the Grand Dragon and the Falcon Hawk will be determined by the result of a competition.  The top two contenders will get the 'Mechs."
"Oh yeah."  Maria frowns.  "And who's going to be in this little competition?"
"Any member of the families who wants to participate.  So, Maria, if you want your old rank back, you're just going to have to get in line."  Euron finishes
Maria stares into Euron's eyes, flashing a toothy grin.  "Oh, I'll get in line, Colonel.  Just don't feel bad when I show everybody up."  Turning on her heel, she walks out.

Once Maria is out of earshot, Euron shakes his head and looks at Tristan and Meifeng.  "I feel like I need to give you two should have my sympathies."

"The sympathy is appreciated, but not necessary."  Tristan says.  "Her attitude is one of the reasons I married her."
"She is...unique."  Euron admits.
"She is indeed."  Tristan nods.
"Do not worry."  Meifeng adds.  "We promise our arrangement will not become a problem for your men."
"For all our sakes, I hope not, young lady."  Euron says.  "Dismissed."
Tristan and Meifeng leave the room.
Euron groans, scratching his hair.  "I need a drink."

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #918 on: 09 February 2020, 16:44:55 »
Has the afore-mentioned trio met any of my people? ;)

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #919 on: 09 February 2020, 17:29:41 »
Has the afore-mentioned trio met any of my people? ;)

They will eventually.  I would assume that they'd feel right at home among the Canopians.

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #920 on: 09 February 2020, 20:45:54 »

"What?!"
"At least, I won't be giving you one."  The Colonel continues.  "The ownership of the Grand Dragon and the Falcon Hawk will be determined by the result of a competition.  The top two contenders will get the 'Mechs."

Hi, Dave,

If other mechs are available for purchase, and if Euron would consider it, might it be possible for a price to be agreed upon to purchase the Grand Dragon?
Thanks-
OT

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #921 on: 10 February 2020, 16:57:15 »
They will eventually.  I would assume that they'd feel right at home among the Canopians.
The Hands of the Goddess requests that the Ironborn send a few liaison personnel for a visit to facilitate coordination for future operations. ;)

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #922 on: 10 February 2020, 17:44:48 »
Hi, Dave,

If other mechs are available for purchase, and if Euron would consider it, might it be possible for a price to be agreed upon to purchase the Grand Dragon?
Thanks-
OT
It will depend on when and if Anthony gives me the list of stuff that Metalstorm currently has for sale and whether or not I want to give up the Grand Dragon.

Dave

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #923 on: 10 February 2020, 17:53:52 »
Fair enough, thanks!

It will depend on when and if Anthony gives me the list of stuff that Metalstorm currently has for sale and whether or not I want to give up the Grand Dragon.

Dave

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #924 on: 19 February 2020, 01:41:10 »
"Sir, with all due respect,"  Julia said angrily. "You can't do this.  She's mine!"
"Nee-san," Fuka tried to calm the senior technician, but she was having none of it, continuing to stare daggers at the Colonel.
Euron calmly meets Julia's gaze and replies matter-of-factly.  "It's already been decided Warrant Officer, you and Technician Hiyami are to prepare to hand over your machines and recalibrate them for the new pilots."
"But, sir--"
"You're treading dangerously close to insubordination, Goodbrother.  You knew you weren't going to be keeping the Falcon Hawk indefinitely.  Now that the new pilots have arrived, it's time to let her go."
Julia remained defiant.  "But Bad Sister is my baby.  I maintained her, I calibrated her to my specifications, and--"
"And you will continue to do so."  Euron interrupted.  "But you will not be it's regular pilot."
"Out of curiosity, sir,"  Julia asked.  "Who will be driving it?"
"That will be determined as a result of the competition of all the prospective pilots."  Euron answered.
"Oh?"  Julia questioned.  "And who are you letting take part?"
"All members of the families who wish to participate."
"Then I want in."  Julia demanded.  "You know I have just as much right as the others do."
"You are my assistant chief technician, Julia."  Euron shot back.  "I can't waste your expertise and years of experience with 'Mech maintenance and repair just so you can indulge in some foolish quest to make your late father and brothers proud of you."
Julia is on the verge of saying something she can't take back when Euron adds. "You feel guilty.  I understand that.  I lost my older brother, the former commander of this unit in GUERRERO.  Dagmer and Bors lost their father.  But we survivors have to move forward.  We remember the past, but we don't get trapped by it.  Can you honestly say that you would be a better pilot than Jurgen, or Freyja.  They have the experience, and the superior fighting skills.  You've logged only one combat mission on this rock.  I'm asking you to see sense, Warrant Officer Goodbrother.  Fuka here also needs additional training, and I'm sure she'd rather get it from you than from Harald."
"Onegai, aku-nee-san,"  Fuka implores.  "I've learned so much from you.  Please stop this."
Julia parses everything in her mind before shoving her anger deep down.  She's going to need to scream it out later, but she's able to reclaim her composure.
"Very well, sir." She forces herself to say.  "I'll make sure it's done."
"Very good, Warrant Officer.  Technician Hiyami, do you have any objections?"
"Ie, Colonel."  Fuka straightens up.  "I'll start right away."
"Thank you, Cadet.  Dismissed."

Euron breathes a sigh of relief once they've left and slumps in his chair.  At last, all his office appointments for the day are done.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #925 on: 19 February 2020, 02:53:00 »
Fuka meets Julia in the 'Mech bay, where the older woman is sulking in the open cockpit of Bad Sister.

"Nee-san, I don't think I've ever seen like this before."  Fuka observed.  "What was all that between you and the Colonel and why do you want to be a pilot so badly?"

Julia looked up at her kouhai.  At first, she hadn't intended to respond, but she let out a sigh and began to tell her tale.  "There was once a fifth family of the Ironborn.  My family, House Goodbrother.  My father and 2 older brothers were MechWarriors under Balon Greyjoy, the Colonel's brother and predecessor.  I wanted to be a Warrior too, but my piloting skills weren't quite as good as my technical skills."  Letting a tear fall, she continued.  "They, they all died 10 years ago in the Marik/Liao invasion of what was at the time, the Federated Commonwealth: Operation GUERRERO.  I'm the last member of the family that still carries the Goodbrother name."

"Gomenasai, nee-san." Fuka lowered her head in contrition.  "Forgive me, I didn't know."

"It's okay."  Julia wiped away the tear.  "Ever since then, I've wanted to become a MechWarrior to bring honor back to the family name.  The Colonel thinks it's "Survivor's guilt".  He thinks I want to die in battle so I can be with my family again, but it's not true.  I just wanted to do them proud."

Fuka took Julia's hand in hers and smiled at her.  "You are, aku-nee-san.  I'm glad to have you as my sempai, Julia, and I'm thankful for everything you've done for me."
Julia blushes and is about to respond when she hears a voice she hasn't heard in a long time but recognizes immediately.

"Well, damn."  Maria Botley exclaims from the gantry where she's observing them.  "Looks like you found yourself a hottie, Jules."

Julia's mouth opens wide.  "Holy sh*t.  So you finally made it, huh, b*tch?"

"Damn right I did."  Maria holds her arms out.  "Now come over here and give your cousin a hug."
Julia gets out of the cockpit and embraces Maria, leaving Fuka confused.
"You look like sh*t, Jules."  Maria looks at Julia's haggard appearance and puffy cheeks.  "Has little Euron been pushing you too hard?"
Julia laughed at the Colonel being called "little" and joked. "Not as hard as you push yourself on the weights, cous."
Fuka looks at the two of them, seeing some resemblance.  "Cousin?  So that means..."
"Yep."  Julia confirmed.  "She's my uncle's daughter.  Her maiden name was Goodbrother."
"So then you're not the last of your family?"  Fuka inquired.
"No."  Julia explained.  "But when Maria got married, she took her husband's name, so technically she's no longer a Goodbrother."
"I've still got the attitude of one, though, young lady."  Maria said proudly.  "So Jules, are you going to introduce me to your girlfriend?"
"Behave, Mari."  Julia remonstrated.  "Also, she's not my girlfriend, she's my trainee and subordinate.  Maria, this is Fuka Hiyami.  Fuka, this is my cousin, Maria Botley, nee Goodbrother."
"She's cute."  Maria observed.  "You really should get together before you lose her to one of the horny boys on this base."
Julia rolled her eyes.  "I don't even swing that way, unlike you.  Besides, that would be against the rules, not to mention really wrong."
Maria smiles and gives Julia a nuggie.  "Awww, Jules is afraid to make a move."
"Hey, cut it out!"
Fuka covers her mouth and giggles at the display.  When Maria lets Julia go, Fuka bows to the older woman.  "Pleased to meet you, Maria-sama.  I'm glad you're here to help Julia-san smile again."
"Pretty and polite.  Careful, Jules.  I might just steal her for myself."
"You never change do you, Mari?"
"Why should I?  I'm practically perfect in every way."  Maria draws to her full height and puts her hands on her hips.  "So, this is one of the rides I can win?  Bit small, though."
Fuka points to the Grand Dragon.  "Or you could end up with the one I work on."
"You don't say."
Julia then asks.  "So, you've entered the Colonel's little "competition", I assume?"
"Absolutely."  Maria announces.  "So have Jurgen and Beryl Blacktyde, Bors Harlaw, Euron's little brother Victarion as well his niece and nephew.  Freyja's in too and last but not least, my daughter, Isolde.  But you know I'm gonna crush them all in the end, right?"
This brings Julia's bad mood back.  "The Colonel forbade me from participating, saying I'm more important fixing 'Mechs rather than driving them."
"Really?"  Maria countered.  "Screw Euron.  You should be allowed to fight for your birthright too.  Even though you know I'd only embarrass you in the end."
"Oh, it's on, b*tch."  Julia rolled up her sleeves.  "I'll find a way in somehow.  However, if I did end up getting stuck running maintenance for somebody, I rather it was you."
Maria slapped her hand on Julia's shoulder.  "That's the spirit.  Us Goodbrothers gotta stick together.  So, want to show me these 'Mechs?"
"Sure.  I think me and Fuka could give you a tour.  And we'll start with my Bad Sister."  She indicates the Falcon Hawk.
"I thought you didn't like it when people made plays on the family name?"  Maria asked.
"I give her the name, so I made an exception."  Julia and Fuka proceed to show Maria around the 'Mech bay to look at all the assembled machines.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #926 on: 19 February 2020, 12:46:16 »
"Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, dying time is here."
Please make sure you have sent, informed Anthony what forces you will be fielding on Sunday by tomorrow night. Between work, volunteering, and classes. My free time has become more limited so I need more time to prep miniatures as some of my mini cases will be serving as table legs for sunday's game. Thank you, and may your dice rolls be not so good(only when I'm playing your opfor :D)
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #927 on: 19 February 2020, 17:06:40 »
...may your dice rolls be not so good(only when I'm playing your opfor :D)
"Well, sweetheart, you said you wanted to be there when I made a mistake."
    -Han Solo entering an asteroid field in Empire Strikes Back.
"I take it back!"
    -Leia Organa in response.
 ;)

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #928 on: 24 February 2020, 17:00:41 »
Well, Jim, I had no idea how apropos your quote would turn out to be...   Welcome to Little Big Horn ("Wow, look at all those Indians!")

"Well, sweetheart, you said you wanted to be there when I made a mistake."
    -Han Solo entering an asteroid field in Empire Strikes Back.
"I take it back!"
    -Leia Organa in response.
 ;)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #929 on: 24 February 2020, 18:53:16 »
Next mission will be March 29.

SitRep will follow.