Author Topic: MotW: Centurion  (Read 29487 times)

DarkSpade

• Major
Re: MotW: Centurion
« Reply #60 on: 12 August 2023, 13:16:36 »
Essentially, Danai's version of the Yen-Lo-Wang Dark Age era machine wasn't stated out officially, though canon.   It was to have Clan Heavy Medium Laser, Shield, Hatchet, LRM and the Hatchet.  It was depicted twice in the Novels, with backstory of Danai Liao-Centrella being gifted the wreck of the 'Mech after Kai's death. She rebuilt it.

Iirc, Kai had declared she would inherit the mech after meeting her as a child.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #61 on: 12 August 2023, 14:32:36 »
I thought the laser on Danai’s version was a Heavy Large.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #62 on: 12 August 2023, 15:26:48 »
That was my recollection as well.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #63 on: 12 August 2023, 20:50:51 »
That was my recollection as well.

It was, the LRM rack was Clan as well which is prob where extra weight comes from.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #64 on: 13 August 2023, 19:29:58 »
I thought the laser on Danai’s version was a Heavy Large.
Correct. It was, that's why i said her version wasn't stated out in Record Sheet verse, Kai's which was.   Her's slightly different and using Clan tech just like his version.
« Last Edit: 20 August 2023, 16:21:13 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: 20 August 2023, 02:35:56 »
Wow, so Kai's last ride had three (3) headcapping weapons including a Clan Gauss (15 points), Clan Heavy Large Laser (16 Points), and a Hatchet with TSM (20 points) in addition to a Clan LRM-20? That's insane when I think about his Special Pilot Abilities!

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #66 on: 20 August 2023, 02:42:25 »
YLW3 doesn't have heavy laser, only Clan ER Medium. Two headcappers, the Gauss and TSM-d hatchet.
Danai's YLW trades the Gauss for a shield (implicitly, as we have no official record sheet) and the laser for the heavy large.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #67 on: 23 August 2023, 17:02:46 »
Wow, so Kai's last ride had three (3) headcapping weapons including a Clan Gauss (15 points), Clan Heavy Large Laser (16 Points), and a Hatchet with TSM (20 points) in addition to a Clan LRM-20? That's insane when I think about his Special Pilot Abilities!

How does all this goodness fit on a 50 ton Centurion?

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #68 on: 23 August 2023, 17:24:54 »
How does all this goodness fit on a 50 ton Centurion?
as mentioned, it doesn't.. kai only had the CLRM20, Cgauss, and a CERML. plus a switch to light ferro. given it is also said to have DHS it is actually oversinked, producing 14 and sinking 20.

when i rebuild it in MML, it actualyl comes in a ton under, so i'd guessing some armor got added.

when i try to build Danai's version, i have trouble fitting everything. if you use IS tech you can fit it all crits wise (though its close) but you end up 3.5 tons overweight.. if you switch to a clan LRM rack you can do it 1 crit and 1.5 tons under max. (and i couldn't figure out what "experimental clan tech" she might be using.. especially given that mixed tech and IS built clan weapons aren't experimental anymore.)
« Last Edit: 23 August 2023, 17:36:19 by glitterboy2098 »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #69 on: 25 August 2023, 21:16:28 »
There must be other things done to it. Endo-Composite may work.  The MWDA novels, at least first one that introduced her was vague on what it was armed with other than it had shield and hatchet. It only said Clan LRMs and a "Heavy laser", but not which one. Its been while since I read the novels, I do know later she had Heavy Larger Laser.

I'm curious if the authors have access to functional version of Danai's machine.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #70 on: 01 September 2023, 11:59:26 »
I'm curious if the authors have access to functional version of Danai's machine.

Nope. It would really help with clearing out my neighbor's dead trees if we were allowed to use it.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.