Author Topic: Panzersoldaten - A normal suit, for once  (Read 2716 times)

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
Panzersoldaten - A normal suit, for once
« on: 18 November 2011, 10:34:29 »
I figure this as an alternate development for the Lyrans. The basic idea being to downgrade the IS Standard's armament to match the protection of the Elemental.

The first version mounted fixed weapons and a Battle Claw, but after some consideration I realized that MWMs worked just as well with a fixed APWM. This in turn left enough weight for not just one, but two MWMs, even if they only have 150 kg between them.

Panzersoldaten mk.IB:
Medium IS BA, 1 ground MP, 3 Jump MP, 2 Basic Manipulators, 10 points standard armor, APWM Body, SSWM Body (2 slots free), MWM RA (2 slots free), MWM LA (2slots free), 150 kg left.

Despite only having 150 kg available there are lots of possible configurations, especially during the '60s and later:

Prime: The original loadout, MG RA, OS-SRM1 LA
A: Flamer RA
B: OS-SRM2 RA, OS-SRM2 LA ;)
C: David LGR RA, OS-SRM1 LA
D: David LGR RA, Firedrake LA
E: David LGR RA, RL/1 LA, LTAG SSWM
F: LMG RA, OS-SRM2 LA
G: LMG RA, LMG LA
E: SRM1 w/ 4 rounds RA, Firedrake LA

A possible alternative would be to mount the APWM in the RA. That would make some missile configurations impossible, but allow a LRM2 rack to be carried in the SSWM. ;)

Siberian-troll

• Captain
Re: Panzersoldaten - A normal suit, for once
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2011, 11:17:47 »
Nice! I like. Can you do some art for it?

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Panzersoldaten - A normal suit, for once
« Reply #2 on: 19 November 2011, 02:37:49 »
Nice! I like. Can you do some art for it?
Eh, I suck at drawing mechanical stuff... :P

And to be honest I really don't have any idea about how it should look. I suppose I could try to do something based off the IS standard. :-\

Register