Author Topic: Mercenaries Kickstarter Discussion 6: the 1st 3rd Star League conversation  (Read 61361 times)

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
I'm in the US and got my shipping charges.  For a Company pledge with an extra Blood Asp and challenge coin I was charged $44.66 (including the 6% state sales tax).

wundergoat

• Master Sergeant
I just looked and I’m at 314 + 26 in tax for 340 to California. Holy shit. I was expecting more than last time (~100) but not fully 1/3 of what I bought.

I'm also in California and my shipping is roughly 27% of a thousand dollar order.  Seems off by quite a bit.

Charistoph

• Major
I'm in the US and got my shipping charges.  For a Company pledge with an extra Blood Asp and challenge coin I was charged $44.66 (including the 6% state sales tax).

I have nothing extra, but in a state that's close to, but not yet in California (though they are moving here in large enough numbers).  I have a similar order, just without the extra Salvage box, and it's asking for about $10 less, not including the taxes (which were just over $8).
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Algorithms run mad; the beginning of the Singularity? ;)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
$100 for a $300 Battalion+extras pledge to the middle of the US.

I feel like the only way that would be possible is if they send each separate product in its own box.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
Is it possible that they are adding extra costs for the order picking?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
I got 25% for a $600 order. I hope something gets fixed it just seems high. Considering how you get get stuff from across the pond direct for 30%
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Colonial13

• Private
$125 on $365 pledge, and I'm in Phoenix, AZ.  Also, a mysterious $8 shipping tax that I've never seen before, on anything I've ever ordered.  My CL pledge was twice as large as this one and my shipping on that was only $41.  Something is definitely off. 
« Last Edit: 29 March 2024, 19:10:01 by Colonial13 »
St Ives past, present, and forever

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
$380 in shipping for a $1200 pledge to NY. It looks like the shipper is charging one dollar for every three dollars in pledges. The shipper has some explaining to do.  :cussing:

That does look dodgy, since I'm getting ~$140 in shipping on a similar pledge in the UK

(I'm assuming you don't have to worry about sales tax/VAT which is an extra ~$280 for me)
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
$72.49 for Battalion + a couple extras for Eastern Iowa, which doesn't feel too crazy, but the sales tax on shipping is very weird.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
I forgot that I’d gotten the city mats bundle as an add-on. That would bump shipping up but still seems excessive.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
*opens survey*

OWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
$72.49 for Battalion + a couple extras for Eastern Iowa, which doesn't feel too crazy, but the sales tax on shipping is very weird.

I don't recall seeing sales tax on shipping before, but apparenlty it is a thing.

Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Interesting - I’m in VA, which your map shows as non-taxable, and there’s a charge listed in the QML shipping for taxation on shipping. 
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Corrinald

• Master Sergeant
$313 shipping to Ohio. I got a decent amount of stuff but YIKES

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
I don't recall seeing sales tax on shipping before, but apparenlty it is a thing.

I'm in Iowa, where shipping is specifically not taxable.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Charlie 6

• Captain
Interesting - I’m in VA, which your map shows as non-taxable, and there’s a charge listed in the QML shipping for taxation on shipping.
Me too.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
I just googled it: VA doesn't tax shipping fees but the state can tax handling charges, handling includes loading and unloading from one truck to another. Shipping and handling is usually bundled together in the billing process.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

JoeJones

• Warrant Officer
$250 on a roughly $800 order.

I hope Catalyst gets this sorted out soon.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
I hope they're all enjoying the Easter break as best they can, trying not to be too mindful of the tsunami of 'WT actual F' they know is out there. And in all fairness, I'm sure they'll do what they can to sort this out. Just hope it's not a 'Oh, you didn't read the fine print?' scenario for them.
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
These shipping prices would be appropriate for 2 day air, which I personally would find mildly amusing as a cause if that had accidentally been picked for all backers.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
These shipping prices would be appropriate for 2 day air, which I personally would find mildly amusing as a cause if that had accidentally been picked for all backers.

I'm expecting a certain amount of charge for the warehousing and packing. But...

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
I hope they're all enjoying the Easter break as best they can, trying not to be too mindful of the tsunami of 'WT actual F' they know is out there. And in all fairness, I'm sure they'll do what they can to sort this out. Just hope it's not a 'Oh, you didn't read the fine print?' scenario for them.

I just want to express my agreement with this.  As much shock and outrage as I'm feeling, I do hope that they're all having a good holiday weekend before they go back to work and deal with a problem that is very much not their fault.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
Saw mine too. 37% in shipping + GST for Canada... Ouch!  :shocked:

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
I just want to express my agreement with this.  As much shock and outrage as I'm feeling, I do hope that they're all having a good holiday weekend before they go back to work and deal with a problem that is very much not their fault.

Agreed. And in my case, I can handle the $75, it just still feels off.

spotH3D

• Corporal
Doesn't help when you imagine how much more cheaply you could get the plastic retail.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but it is stuff like this that is why Kickstarter is anti consumer and amatuerish.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
I'm sure that everyone who wanted to save some money by waiting until the stuff goes to retail did so.

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
$436.79 for shipping for mine?  Oof, I don't have enough cash in my account yet.  When's the shipping payment?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
Doesn't help when you imagine how much more cheaply you could get the plastic retail.

Onlyworks if you're US based. For the rest of the world, the KS is meant to beat retail.

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant
Just looked at my shipping charges and yikes.  $397 on a $1168 order.  Over 30% of the value of the KS.  Shipping is to Wisconsin.  This absolutely destroys any monetary value over retail the KS had.  I wonder if the shipping company is chagring some fee based on the number of SKUs involved for a sorting and processing fee.  Because US shipping should not be this much.  I have literally shipped multiple heavy boxes the size of my torse across the country for a fraction of this.