Author Topic: Updates on Rule Book Reprints  (Read 1041 times)

Pezmotion

• Recruit
Updates on Rule Book Reprints
« on: 16 February 2020, 15:41:15 »
I was looking at getting the latest reprint of Total Warfare (https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/collections/battletech/products/battletech-total-warfare-pdf?variant=16101318688802), and found this old post announcing that there would be reprints of all of the books with classic covers and new spine art.

Has there been any other announcements about new physical copies of any books other than Total Warfare?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Updates on Rule Book Reprints
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2020, 15:49:21 »
TW is now on the 6th prining.
Techmanual is out (with the art from the 1994 Tactical Handbook)
Tactical Operation is being split into two parts and is dropping Soon™️
Strategic Operations is in the queue but there’s no timetable

There are approximate potential plans for the others. Announcement language indicated they would be straight reprints. Time will tell

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Asgo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2020, 20:11:57 »
Tactical Operation is being split into two parts and is dropping Soon™️
I assume the split is also the reason the current pdfs got pulled from drivethrurpg and the catalyst store.
Is there any information on when they will reappear?
or what Soon means in this context. :)

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 16 February 2020, 21:40:04 »
I thought Alpha Strike: Commander's Edition was also in the queue for a reprint...

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2020, 21:56:53 »
I assume the split is also the reason the current pdfs got pulled from drivethrurpg and the catalyst store.
Is there any information on when they will reappear?
or what Soon means in this context. :)

1) yes
2) no
3) Soon™ means variable values for a future time not yet determined. it might not actually be soon (depending on your perception of spacetime). it's up to cubby to let us know. he will when it's ready.

I thought Alpha Strike: Commander's Edition was also in the queue for a reprint...

i imagine it is as it's offered as an addon for the kickstarter. the 2.0 errata for it hit last september, which is a very good indicator it's on the list (they generally don't release official errata for items not being reprinted)

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 17 February 2020, 03:09:27 »
They had announced on the KS that the books would be available when they are ready, but if you got them as part of the KS that you would get them with whichever shipment they came out before.
So if it's part of your KS package you may get them later then when they are in the stores.

Asgo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 17 February 2020, 04:25:27 »
1) yes
2) no
3) Soon™ means variable values for a future time not yet determined. it might not actually be soon (depending on your perception of spacetime). it's up to cubby to let us know. he will when it's ready.

i imagine it is as it's offered as an addon for the kickstarter. the 2.0 errata for it hit last september, which is a very good indicator it's on the list (they generally don't release official errata for items not being reprinted)
well more or less what I guessed thanks.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #7 on: 17 February 2020, 19:21:16 »
To confirm, a X.0 errata release always means it's tied to a new printing.  It's possible that after I submit it that something changes business-wise and the reprint never happens, but that has yet to occur.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0