Author Topic: Marduk Mech Production, 3150 era  (Read 1566 times)

MarauderD

• Major
Marduk Mech Production, 3150 era
« on: 18 September 2018, 11:49:22 »
So my last 'hard' info on what is being made at Marduk comes from Objectives: DC which is set in 3079.  At that point, it looks like Marduk makes it through the Jihad without damage, and is producing the following:

Firestarter Omni
Wolverine (8c? k?)
Griffin (6S probably)
BlackHawk-KU Omni

After this point, the planet goes back into FedSuns hands, and then is recaptured by the DC sometime after Gray Monday?

So 15 years later or so, its 3150.  Any best guesses at what is produced there?

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Marduk Mech Production, 3150 era
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2018, 11:59:21 »
All those chassis are well respected by both houses; I'd call it plausible to probable that they all remained in production throughout both of their tenures in charge. And even more importantly during the kool-aid drinking military drawdown of the Pax Republica.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 18 September 2018, 12:19:45 »
Side note:  We really never found out how Marduk changes hands all those times between 3085 and 3145, do we?  I've seen maps from FM: 3085 that say it is a Combine planet, and another map from 3135? that I can't find right now that say it is a FedSuns planet.  Then the Combine gets it back--when it conquers the Draconis Reach in 3039 or so. 

We don't know that story yet, do we?

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2018, 13:13:24 »
Side note:  We really never found out how Marduk changes hands all those times between 3085 and 3145, do we?  I've seen maps from FM: 3085 that say it is a Combine planet, and another map from 3135? that I can't find right now that say it is a FedSuns planet.  Then the Combine gets it back--when it conquers the Draconis Reach in 3039 or so. 

We don't know that story yet, do we?

I don't know that we ever will.  Presumably it doesn't trade back and forth with the same regularity of the worlds in the contested Draconis Reach, since it's not a part of that region on the 3130's map.  But we also don't know for sure that it wasn't traded at least a couple times during the 50+ years following the Jihad prior to the onset of the 5th Succession War.

As an aside, I'd consider it plausible that during the Pax Republica that both Houses shared the output of the Marduk factories.  Exhibit A is both Houses doing the same thing with the Republic, so it's not totally crazy they'd do so with each other to a minimal degree.  At least during the Kool-Aid drinking decades.  And Exhibit B is the reality that sharing the production means neither side has to raid the factory for output and so both sides get reliable output and avoid risk of both losing ALL production.
« Last Edit: 18 September 2018, 13:17:07 by Tai Dai Cultist »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2018, 14:32:10 »
Also the Orochi

Marduk was Davion property in 3130 (ED: Dark Age) and 3135 (ER:3145). Unfortunately the maps Wars of the Republic Era or Interstellar Expeditions don't focus on that area - the only two books I can think of focusing on events between 3085-3130. The 3099 Second Combine-Dominion War map cuts off at Togura, about three jumps 'north' of Marduk.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2018, 15:26:14 »
Good Catch, I just saw that map in ER: 3145 that shows the region in 3135.  So we can assume that sometime around the time of the conquering of the Draconis Reach by Wolf's Dragoons in 3139 Marduk probably falls back to the Combine. 

So they are producing all the above mechs, as well as the Orochi.  That is quite a nice little mech facility by that time. 

I'll look over TRO 3085 and 3145: DC and see if anything else is listed as produced on Marduk.

Cheers all,

Mad

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #6 on: 21 September 2018, 22:02:21 »
Try these:

GRF-1DS Griffin
GRF-5K Griffin
GRF-6S Griffin
WVR-1R Wolverine - AoW
WVR-3R Wolverine - AoW
WVR-7K Wolverine
WVR-8K Wolverine
WVR-8C Wolverine
OR-2I Orochi
FS9-O Firestarter
AV1-O Avatar
BHKU-O Black Hawk-KU

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016