Author Topic: UM-R60EZ UrbanMech  (Read 1127 times)

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
UM-R60EZ UrbanMech
« on: 01 July 2020, 20:08:54 »
Got bored. Wanted to see what I could do with an intro-tech UrbanMech stripped of its weapons. I rather like the results:

Code: [Select]
                 BattleMech Technical Readout

Name/Model:         UrbanMech UM-R60EZ
Designer:           Ruger
Source(s):          Custom Mordel.Net Units
Technology:         Inner Sphere
Technology Rating:  D
Tonnage:            30
Configuration:      Biped BattleMech
Era/Year:           Late Succession Wars / 3049
Rules (Current):    Introductory
Rules (Era):        Introductory
Rules (Year):       Introductory
Total Cost:         1,519,700 C-Bills
Battle Value:       595

Chassis:              Standard
Power Plant:          60 Fusion
Walking Speed:        21.6 kph 
Maximum Speed:        32.4 kph 
Jump Jets:            Standard
    Jump Capacity:    60 meters
Armor:                Standard
Armament:             
    1 Large Laser
    2 Medium Lasers
    1 SRM 4
    2 Machine Guns
Manufacturer:         Unknown
    Primary Factory:  Unknown
Communications:       Unknown
Targeting & Tracking: Unknown

================================================================================================
Variants:
    This variant of the ubiquitous UrbanMech came about when the forces on one  Capellan world
    found they had no replacement autocannons for their unit’s damaged UrbanMech. Reviewing
    their stores list, they cobbled together what weapons they had, replacing the auto cannon
    with a heavy laser, a pair of medium lasers and a four pack SRM launcher. The remaining
    tonnage was devoted to a pair of machine guns to help with anti-infantry duty along with a
    half ton of ammunition for them, and a pair of extra heat sinks to try and help control the
    ‘Mech’s increased heat burden.

A weapons engineer managed to add some additional computers to help manage the weapons a
    little more effectively (quirk: combat computer), and the heavy laser included some extra
    insulation to help mitigate its heat when fired (quirk: improved cooling jacket), but these
    improvements did cause problems after that engineer was killed in a raid, and it became
    difficult to find replacement components for these systems (quirk: non-standard parts). They
    also made piloting the ‘Mech and making repairs to it more complex because of the extra room
    they took in the cockpit (quirks: cramped cockpit, difficult to repair). Given these issues,
    and the relative worth of these ‘Mechs, it is unlikely any further units will be converted
    to UM-R60EZ model in the near future.

================================================================================================
Equipment                                                             Mass                     
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure:                          Standard                  3.00                     
Engine:                                     60 Fusion                  1.50                     
    Walking MP:                                 2                                               
    Running MP:                                 3                                               
    Jumping MP:                                 2                                               
Heat Sinks (Single):                            13                     3.00                     
Gyro:                                        Standard                  1.00                     
Cockpit:                                     Standard                  3.00                     
Armor Factor:                                   96                     6.00                     
    Type:                                    Standard                                           

Internal         Armor     
                                    Structure        Value     
    Head:                               3              9       
    Center Torso:                      10             11       
    Center Torso (rear):                               8       
    R/L Torso:                          7              8       
    R/L Torso (rear):                                  4       
    R/L Arm:                            5             10       
    R/L Leg:                            7             12       

Weapons and Ammo                                       Location          Critical     Tonnage   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Jump Jets                                               CT                2          1.00             
Machine Gun (Ammo 100)                                    RT                1          0.50             
SRM 4 (Ammo 25)                                           LT                1          1.00             
Large Laser                                               RA                2          5.00             
Machine Gun                                               RA                1          0.50             
Machine Gun                                               LA                1          0.50             
2 Medium Lasers                                           LA                2          2.00             
SRM 4                                                     LA                1          2.00             

Alpha Strike Statistics                                             
Point Value (PV): 14
TP: BM,  SZ: 1,  TMM: 0,  MV: 4"j
Damage: (S) 3 / (M) 2 / (L) 0,  OV: 1
Armor (A): 3,  Structure (S): 3

Thoughts?

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: UM-R60EZ UrbanMech
« Reply #1 on: 01 July 2020, 20:58:34 »
With a quick look, looks effective though lack of Small Laser is concerning. The big gun needs a counterweight!

On serious note, probably better than the original Urbie. Flexible, with just about everything you need in a city in a time without active probes. A pity one can't split one ton of ammo among multiple ammo types, as actually adding a second ton of SRM ammo is not really feasible.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #2 on: 01 July 2020, 21:01:46 »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 01 July 2020, 21:06:17 »
With a quick look, looks effective though lack of Small Laser is concerning. The big gun needs a counterweight!

On serious note, probably better than the original Urbie. Flexible, with just about everything you need in a city in a time without active probes. A pity one can't split one ton of ammo among multiple ammo types, as actually adding a second ton of SRM ammo is not really feasible.

Surprisingly enough, it’s more feasible than you might think. If you use the quirks I’ve given it, between the extra heat sinks, improved cooling jacket and combat computer, the weapons would only put out 16 heat on an alpha, and you’d be sinking 17 heat a round. Dropping a heat sink for a second ton of SRM ammo would technically be very viable.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 01 July 2020, 21:11:21 »
I didn't look at quirks, i ignore those usually as i don't play with them. But now that you note those, i'll call it gaming the system...

A pity the Urbies don't usually mount double heat sinks, only the Capellan hardened armor model does that. With DHS, adding that extra ammo would be possible, along with CASE and a Beagle Active Probe.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #5 on: 02 July 2020, 13:10:15 »
so you turned an urbanmech into a lighter and slower Wyvern.

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 02 July 2020, 14:20:35 »
Nah, that would look more like this:

Code: [Select]
Urbanmech UM-R60WVE

Mass: 30 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Introductory
Era: Age of War/Star League
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/C-E-D-A
Production Year: 2750
Cost: 1,479,725 C-Bills
Battle Value: 577

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 60 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 21.6 km/h
Maximum Speed: 32.4 km/h
Jump Jets: Unknown
    Jump Capacity: 60 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
    1  Large Laser
    1  SRM-6
    1  LRM-5
    1  Small Laser
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard                      51 points                3.00
Engine:             Fusion Engine                 60                       1.50
    Walking MP: 2
    Running MP: 3
    Jumping MP: 2 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 2 CT                                               1.00
Heat Sinks:         Single Heat Sink             12                        2.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 3 LT, 3 RT, 2 LL, 2 RL
Gyro:               Standard                                               1.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA    R: SH+UA
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV -  96                  6.00

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            8         
                                        Center Torso     10           15       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  5         
                                           L/R Torso     7            10       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  4         
                                             L/R Arm     5            10       
                                             L/R Leg     7            10       

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SRM-6                                        RT        4         2         3.00
LRM-5                                        LT        2         1         2.00
Large Laser                                  RA        8         2         5.00
Small Laser                                  LA        1         1         0.50
@SRM-6 (15)                                  RT        -         1         1.00
@LRM-5 (24)                                  LT        -         1         1.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 31

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      3    Points: 6
2j         2       2       1       0      1     0   Structure:  3
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA
^-^

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #7 on: 02 July 2020, 14:35:43 »

For when you don’t even have enough to get the worst money can buy

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #8 on: 02 July 2020, 14:54:03 »
i'm picturing an Urbie someone strapped P.Hawk arms onto....
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 03 July 2020, 16:32:22 »
i'm picturing an Urbie someone strapped P.Hawk arms onto....
Urbie had an arm day, usually it is leg days only.

Register