Author Topic: Exactly how much help did the FWL need to build their fleet?  (Read 1833 times)

Korzon77

• Captain
Okay, pre-WOB blow up, the FWL fleet was the closest in the Inner Sphere to an actual, balanced warfleet.  So the question I have, how much direct aid did the WOB give them, in terms of productoin from terran factories heading to the FWL?  Was it more in the way of knowledge, or direct material assistance as in "please don't peak into the boxes labeled "Agricultural equipment." even though they look a lot like completed Transit drives."

VhenRa

• Captain
Re: Exactly how much help did the FWL need to build their fleet?
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2018, 04:26:05 »
Well, we know they stripped the wreckage of a ~dozen warships for parts to build their ships.

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
  • Delete this account, please?
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2018, 09:31:19 »
stripped the wreckage = take all the expired EEBD's, empty CO2 & PKP bottles (oh... and those bottles need hydrostatic testing done, too. Make sure your using the most updated MRC's and MIP's [and the Forced Revision date]) and berthing beddings with all the usual stains one gets from a couple deployments?  :))

Alan Grant

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2018, 16:00:27 »
It was mostly pointing out derelicts they could grab and helping with that. Plus more importantly, lending aid to the development of these rediscovered technologies, like the big warship drives and probably some communications tech.

I haven't seen any evidence to suggest the FWL "imported" anything from Terra and the WoB in that era.

The WoB in turn ended up using a lot of FWL stuff. Suggesting they imported a lot of stuff from the FWL and we know they were skimming coffers from the FWL. That got revealed in at least one novel.

rhino1085

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2018, 17:16:33 »
stripped the wreckage = take all the expired EEBD's, empty CO2 & PKP bottles (oh... and those bottles need hydrostatic testing done, too. Make sure your using the most updated MRC's and MIP's [and the Forced Revision date]) and berthing beddings with all the usual stains one gets from a couple deployments?  :))

LOL - tip of the hat from a retired DCC.  Philly mothball fleet FTW!   ;D

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 05 April 2018, 20:30:52 »
The WoB in turn ended up using a lot of FWL stuff. Suggesting they imported a lot of stuff from the FWL and we know they were skimming coffers from the FWL. That got revealed in at least one novel.

I thought that was Dawn of the Jihad, page 7.
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.