Author Topic: Aerotech 2 (Revised) vs Total Warfare  (Read 1609 times)

Carlson793

• Private
Aerotech 2 (Revised) vs Total Warfare
« on: 02 April 2018, 22:45:46 »
Returning to the Battletech fold after about 25 years. I've been looking into the aerospace side of things, since that's something that always interested me but I just never got around to. Started reading the Total Warfare aerospace rules, and after days gave up - aerotech rules poorly organized, scattered here and there throughout the book. Aerotech 2, however, seems very straight forward - cleanly organized, no ground rules breaking up the aerotech chapters.

So the question: how different are the two rules sets? Is it possible to use Aerotech 2 rules with Total Warfare era fighters and ships of various classes without any redesigns? (At least until they give aerospace the Battlemech Manual treatment. ;) )

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Aerotech 2 (Revised) vs Total Warfare
« Reply #1 on: 02 April 2018, 22:53:00 »
The record sheets and designs are still valid across the various incarnations of rules systems.

Although some of the oldest fighters designed for the intricacies of AT1 have some bizzare design choices under current rules.  The Slayer being one of the most egregious.. but it's still perfectly legal to play despite being criminally overfuelled and heatsinked under TW rules.

Register