Author Topic: Battleforce dream  (Read 2256 times)

diomedesbc

• Recruit
Battleforce dream
« on: 11 September 2017, 23:47:45 »
I was day dreaming the other day and thought about how cool it would be to have a Battletech universe pc game that was more strategic.  Something like Hearts of Iron 2 or another grand strategy game.  It would be awesome to play out the campaign for a world with a game like that.  Anyone else thought about that?
I have a craving to play some Battleforce but not sure how to satisfy it.  Not much local going on for Battletech.

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
Re: Battleforce dream
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2017, 11:16:43 »
I'm right there with you.  I would love something like this.

Luckily I do get in a BattleForce game here and there.  I think the closest you will come to what you are thinking about would be using the Abstract Combat System along with the strategic planet maps from the historicals series.

For what it's worth, we do have the Succession Wars board game which is pretty neat in its own right.

diomedesbc

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2017, 18:37:28 »
Ah yes, the Succession Wars board game.  I did pick it up off ebay a few years ago but have yet to try it out.  Hard to get friends to try it out on board game night.

I was looking at the Abstract Combat System and discovered Vassal.  To me Battletech is an awesome setting for grand strategic space opera type games.

By the way this captcha picture is driving me nuts trying to get it right.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2017, 18:48:30 »
The "prove you're human" stuff goes away after 10 posts, so you should be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

And welcome to the board!

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
« Reply #4 on: 13 September 2017, 09:12:59 »
Ah yes, the Succession Wars board game.  I did pick it up off ebay a few years ago but have yet to try it out.  Hard to get friends to try it out on board game night.

Well you are in luck because there is a way to play it online with people from around the world.  PM for details if you are interested!