Author Topic: Class A Refit Kits (SW Edition)  (Read 829 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Class A Refit Kits (SW Edition)
« on: 15 July 2023, 12:38:30 »
I've been reading through the customization rules in Campaign Operations as closely as family time has allowed this week, and it struck me: Class A Refit kits are essentially free with regard to time and complexity (a 1x time multiplier, and a 0 penalty to the roll).  This means the "reduce MG ammo and add armor" kits are totally worth it!

The time to complete each refit is 120 minutes (to reduce the ammunition bin capacity) plus 5 minutes per armor point added.

The Locust (LCT-1Vr) came up first alphabetically, so:
Reduce MG ammo to 0.5 ton, add: 1 point to the Head, and 2 points to each arm.  It's 5,500 if you stick with RAW rounding, but Fractional Accounting would reduce it to 3,438 C-Bills (with 137 rounds of ammo).

Phoenix Hawk (PXH-1r):
Reduce MG ammo to 0.5 ton, add: 2 points to the Head, and 3 points to each arm.  That's 5,500.  With Fractional Accounting, reduce the ammo to 75 rounds, and max the arm armor (i.e. one more point to each, which means they can survive an AC/20 hit with 1 point of IS remaining).  That would cost 6,875.

Stinger (STG-3Rr):
Reduce MG ammo to 0.5 ton, add: 4 points to the Head, and 2 points to each leg (so they can survive a PPC hit with 1 IS remaining).  That's 5,500.  With Fractional Accounting, reduce the ammo to 50 shots, and add 2 points to the arms (so they can survive Large Laser hits).  That would cost 8,250.

Falcon (FLC-4Nr):
Reduce MG ammo to 0.5 ton, add: 2 points to the arms and CT, and 1 to each leg.  5,500 C-Bill cost.

Vulcan (VLC-2Tr):
Reduce MG ammo to 0.5 ton, add: 3 points to the side torsos and 1 to each leg.  5,500 C-Bill cost.

Crusader (CRD-3Rr):
Reduce MG ammo to 0.5 ton, add: 4 points to each leg.  5,500 C-Bill cost.  With Fractional Accounting, reduce MG ammo to 75, and add one further point to each leg, cost 6,875 C-Bills.

Thunderbolt (TDR-5Dr):
Reduce MG ammo to 0.5 ton, add: 1 point to each leg and the CT.  5,500 C-Bill cost.  With Fractional Accounting, reduce ammo to 162, cost 1,875 C-Bills.

Warhammer (WHM-6Rr):
Reduce MG ammo to 0.5 ton, add: 3 points to each side torso, and 1 point to each leg.  5,500 C-Bill cost.  With Fractional Accounting, reduce ammo to 25 shots and add 1 point to each arm, 3 points to the CT, and 1 point to the CT(R), cost 9,625 C-Bills.

Battlemaster (BLR-1Gr):
Reduce MG ammo to 0.5 ton, add: 2 points to each arm and leg.  5,500 C-Bill cost.  With Fractional Accounting, reduce ammo to 25 shots and add 1 more point to each arm, and 4 points to the CT, cost 9,625 C-Bills.

The philosophical question becomes: how many refit kits does a Tech have to install to be able to do it with just the parts on hand? ;)

Dakkath

• Master Sergeant
Re: Class A Refit Kits (SW Edition)
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2023, 12:49:43 »
As a corollary: what's the time/cost to swap two machine guns and a ton of ammo for two flamers?
Guns may be a right, but kneecaps are a privilege.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2023, 12:56:06 »
That would be 5 things (three removals at Class A, and two additions at Class B, making the overall refit Class B).  Even with a refit kit for such a thing, it would still take longer than just the actual work.  CampOps page 211 is the source for all of this.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2023, 11:56:59 »
Point of order but since there are no actual factory refit kits for the above variants, you would actually be looking at Custom work which is a +2 to the role IIRC.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2023, 11:58:03 »
PS.

A Stinger-3R to 3G would be a Class-A "Refit Kit" IIRC.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2023, 20:29:23 »
Class B for that... you're installing things in place of those removed.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #6 on: 03 February 2024, 06:47:44 »
Forgot one:

Firestarter (FS9-Hr):
Reduce MG ammo to 0.5 ton, add: 3 points to each leg and 2 points to the CT for 5,500.  With Fractional Accounting, reduce ammo to 50 shots and add another 2 points to each leg (13 points of armor plus 8 IS means they can survive an AC/20).  That costs 8,250.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #7 on: 05 February 2024, 17:07:37 »
Another recommendation on the BLR-1G: in addition to the 1/2 ton of MG ammo, also remove the second ton of SRM-6 ammo, and add a total of 1.5 tons of armor.  That should still be a Class A Refit, and gets rid of more unnecessary ammo for improved armor.
« Last Edit: 05 February 2024, 17:09:54 by Giovanni Blasini »
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #8 on: 05 February 2024, 20:56:04 »
Sold!

Battlemaster (BLR-1GR):
Reduce MG ammo to 0.5 ton and SRM ammo to 1 ton, add: 3 points to each arm and 9 points to each leg.  250 net C-Bill cost.  With Fractional Accounting, reduce ammo to 12 shots and mac the armor by adding 1 more point to each arm and leg, and 4 points to the CT (necessitating a reduction of 1 on the CT(R)), cost 7,913.  The cost differences are driven by just how expensive SRM ammo is.  Either that, or I've forgotten how I calculated the costs originally...

Register