Author Topic: The Wars of Reaving  (Read 40208 times)

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
Re: The Wars of Reaving
« Reply #60 on: 31 January 2021, 22:47:35 »
I realize this is now 10 years on, but I just noticed this one as I am re-reading the book...

initial PDF release

p.99, end of first paragraph

error:
"The Osis’ Pride, now somewhat repaired, fully crewed, and under Ice Hellion control, resumed its journey back to the Clan Homeworlds. It arrived at Hector in February 3074."

correction:
"The Osis’ Pride, now somewhat repaired, fully crewed, and under Ice Hellion control, resumed its journey back to the Clan Homeworlds. It arrived at Hector in February 3073."

later sections indicate that Connor Rood and the Osis' Pride reached Hector in early 3073, and 3074 would make no sense:
p.111 "By the end of 3072, the Ice Hellions could muster...saKhan Rood arrived six weeks later with the Osis’ Pride."
p.127 "Ice Hellion Khan Connor Rood’s arrival at Roche in November 3073"
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #61 on: 19 April 2021, 10:32:25 »
p.71

"The Fortieth Hellion Lancers, detached from Alpha Galaxy, struck back against the Falcons at Golandrinas in order to seize the Clan’s new Jupiter facility, critical to the Hellions’ resupply plans."

The Jupiter facility is found on Erewhon, not Golandrinas. Replace "new Jupiter facility" with "industrial facilities".
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #62 on: 19 May 2022, 14:09:46 »
pg. 194

Under Coyote General Bloodnames, one is listed as "Rosanke"

Correct spelling to "Rosanske"

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: 31 May 2022, 12:34:36 »
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I didn't see this one in here (and if I missed it, sorry)

Page 237
Tiber
Days to jump point: 6.19 Hours

pretty sure this should be days, since it's the same type of star as Vinton (same page) and it's 6.19 days.  The sarna entry also lists it as days.

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #64 on: 06 July 2022, 14:25:41 »
Page 63 (Bandit Caste: Commodus Van Houten)

Error: This section claims the Prinz Eugen disappeared and was given to Van Houten sometime after January 3072, then immediately claims that Van Houten used the Prinz Eugen in raids during 3071.

Correction: Change the beginning of the Prinz Eugen's raid to 3072, and its permanent reassignment to the Tanis system to 3073.

EDIT:

Page 125

Error: Typo; SLB-32 mislabeled as SLF-32.

Correction: Change SLF-32 to SLB-32.
« Last Edit: 08 July 2022, 15:30:23 by pokefan548 »
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

S.gage

• Lieutenant
  • The Nova Cat is a subtle hunter.
« Reply #65 on: 27 August 2023, 17:02:00 »
Error found in "Scorpion Gambit", Page 125:

Problematic text, p. 125, paragraph 3 -
The battle was brutal. The Viper vessels did their  best to disrupt the Scorpion landing, losing the Ophidian but managed to destroy the Auriga, Serket, and Corona Borealis. The Silver Snake, heavily damaged, shepherded itself and the Viper’s remaining fighters to the far side of Foster’s primary moon.

Issue -
* Early in the section, Clan Goliath Scorpion attempted to relieve their enclave on Foster in March, 3073, but were thwarted by Clan Coyote. When they returned in June, 3073, they faced elements of Clan Steel Viper, and a misunderstanding between the two factions led to accusations of "taint". However, events on Foster ended by the end of p. 124. On p. 125, the Scorpions encountered the Vipers again, this time on Glory.
* The identity of the colony being Glory is supported by the presence of Kindraa Mattila-Carrol, who took part of the Coyote enclave (former Wolf holdings) in response to Clan Wolf's theft of genetic material in early December, 3071 (WoR, p. 82)

Solution - Change the last sentence of the third paragraph to read:
The Silver Snake, heavily damaged, shepherded itself and the Viper’s remaining fighters to the far side of Glory’s primary moon.

S.gage
"WHO PUT 6 ARMOR ON THE RIFLEMAN'S HEAD?!?" - Peter S., while marking damage from a PPC, 1994.
"Ich bin Jadefalke!!!! Ich bin MechKrieger!!!!" - German students on their field trip to Leipzig, 1998.
Until the next Clan Invasion or Jihad, Clan Schrödinger's Cat is and is not Annihilated. :)
Early Clan Refit BattleMechs, Novel Clan Golden Century BattleMechs, Early Clan Refit Combat Vehicles, 1st & 2nd Generation Clan OmniMechs.

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: 23 February 2024, 22:45:51 »
Page 248
Political balance table 3075

based on the text of the sourcebook and previous Balance tables, it looks like Kirin and Tamaron's numbers got flipped. Tamaron is the final redoubt of the Coyotes throughout the book, while Kirin belongs to other Clans (the Horses are attacked on Kirin in 3069, page 36, as an example.)