Author Topic: A techs personal log  (Read 2937 times)

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
A techs personal log
« on: 20 March 2019, 08:19:14 »
10th February 3034
Galatea City, Galatea

Doctor ran a diagnostic of my motherboard and said I should keep a personal log. I do not see how producing more hard data will improve on my Malware condition, but Doctor overrides my failsafes, so this is the first entry of the diary as a test and placeholder.

We are waiting for the return of the family. It seems that things did not go well and Olaf is badly hurt. Alessia went with the family to Bryant and is providing medical aid while they travel in the dropship to Galatea. He is quite grim on Olaf’s state.

27th February 3034
Galatea City, Galatea

Today we buried Olaf. It was a sad day. All the tech staff and the meat interfaces were there. We had tried very hard, but we couldn’t save him. It was a solemn moment when Alessia took the laser cutter and blew Olaf’s brain away. His core motherboard. The old Warhammer 6R is no more and we will miss him. Alessia is extremely sad seeing his child go to the scrapyard. Olaf’s meat interface is also upset. She might need a reboot before we can plug her in a new machine. The Kid, Shenron’s interface, was also there providing shooting data to her. I have never understood how meat interfaces interact between them.

1st of March 3034
Galatea City, Galatea

The doctor and XO insist that I call the meat interfaces Anton and Freya, I see no point in doing so, but their orders override previous commands. I will keep their old names and just attach the overriding names for external speaker work. If I did name them in my core database I would have to name the 30 units of Recon that we use to provide data, and that would be senseless; They are all identical operationally after all and have a medium ratio of replacement, which could clog my database with useless data.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
Re: A techs personal log
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2019, 04:28:25 »
8th March 3034
Galatea City, Galatea

We have started working on a PNT 9R that the family brought loaded in Big Martha from the last mission. They mauled the poor thing. Cored out. No gyro, no Hermes 140, no Telos Four-Shot ... At least this gives Alessia something to think about, and the head electronics and the Lord’s Light PPC are intact.  It needs some cleanup in the cockpit since the last meat interface left blood stains all around. This was a faulty component.

Mikael and Olga are looking for parts and have asked to trade away some of the VND and CN9 parts that we have stored to get components for the PNT and Eva. I have given them the go ahead since finances are tight. The engine is the part that will be hard to locate according to our suppliers.

There have been some improvements to Eva as well. We are still lacking a left arm, but Alessia found a 55 tonner leg that we can use for the WVR. It used to belong to a SHD, so compatibility shouldn’t be an issue. We are still lacking a right arm and I want to get hold of the specs to turn her into the 6K variant. Eva’s jump jets needs replacement anyway and we have some spare heat sinks. The Girl interface might interact better with Eva if she is a 6K since her working parameters are optimized for brawlers like Olaf, not to jumpers like Shenron.

Speaking of which, Shenron is back to full health after the armor repairs and a minor leg actuator refit. For once the Kid did not wreck him during the mission. He is a thing of beauty hanging in his gantry.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2019, 06:18:22 »
1st April 3034
Galatea City, Galatea

I have had my request for funds denied. The XO said we are running out of resources and there have been no requests for our services. I have halted further improvements on the Panther until we can secure more funds. I told them that we could cut expenses terminating the Recon unit until we get another contract. The XO did not like my suggestion. She talked about “loyalty”, “commitment” and “morale”. I do not like it when she senseless words like those.

We are centering the efforts in getting Eva ready for action. I got the specs for the 6K model from the Technical Hall. Those kuritas are an ingenious bunch; the way they rerouted the power lines of the jump jets to the large laser are commendable. Better than in the 6M. We can apply the changes to Eva without much problem if both tech teams center in it. In a week or 10 days she should be ready.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2019, 04:12:57 »
24th April 3034
Galatea City, Galatea

It seems we are to leave the Lone Wolves for a time. The Kid negotiated a garrison duty contract for a year in New Kyoto. We are to join another unit and operate alongside them. We have no further details on them, but it seems they are recent arrivals from the Draconis Combine.

The first tests with Eva have been successful. The Girl is still adapting to the new, lighter mech and its capabilities, but she seems to be formatting herself well enough to interface with Eva. Eva has the same nominal firepower as Shenron, but she can use all her weaponry much more regularly than Shenron. She cannot jump but hits harder overall. Not a bad trade off.

Mikael and Olga also traded some salvage for a quintet of Darters. They are used, but in good repair. Since we are going for garrison duty they will be useful. Alessia and Olga have been trying to mount some SRM racks and 60mm cannons on their turrets for during the past 2 days. We leave for the spaceport and New Tokyo in 5 days so the housing compound is in a constant state of hurry. Fortunately New Tokyo is an industrialized planet, so we do not need to pack too many premium supplies like in other missions.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2019, 09:42:59 »
26th May 3034
Galatea City, Galatea

New mechs!!! Come with daddy. Today we met the other mercenary unit that we will join. I understand why we are joining them. They are a bunch of Kuritas. Yeah, as you hear it. Some Anduriens joining up with Dracs. Even I, being quite impervious to political affiliations can see the complication here.

It seems it is about this new state everybody talks about, the Free Rasalhague Republic. Free as long as its neighbors allow it, at least. The Vikings are taking it seriously in any case. Apparently the Kuritas were ordered to stand down, surrender their equipment to the KungsArmee and become Rasalhagians themselves. And then you have a lot of ex-DCMS units not agreeing and a civil war in the area. And defections as well. I would have defected as well.

Our new circumstantial colleagues belong to the latter group. They were unwilling to surrender their equipment but also to join their unit in becoming Ronin, so they decided to head for Galatea and become mercenaries. The Girl seems unhappy to collaborate with them since she is a Rasalhagian product herself, but so far she has not done anything drastic.

They were close mouthed, but we got a description of their available resources. The human interfaces are called, Masami Shirow and Hiromi Otomo. They are Stinger LAM pilots. The techs and I went to meet with them and meet their own tech team.

The 3 Stingers have long and convoluted drac names, but the boys and I call them Macross, Starscream, and Arbalest. Much easier to remember. Their Astechs don’t like it, but when I tried to pronounce “Snow-covered peach tree” in Japanese (a name I do not like to start with) it sounded like “turd-drenched grass” according to the Astechs. So we decided to call them by the codenames Macross, Starscream and Arbalest for our convenience. Arbalest is in very bad condition, so we have decided to agree to their decision to disassemble her for parts. They have no pilot for her since she died protecting the dropship in Rasalhagian space. Their 6 Astechs seem almost as stiff as the pilots, but at least we can talk technical specs with them to have some common ground. Alessia has been the most active of us in making inroads with them, but the working relationship is still being sorted out.

The dropship is a modified Fury dropship. Unable to fight like a leopard, but with better cargo capacity than the Leopard family. It has been modified to carry 2 ASF and 2 mechs as well as 6 light vehicles and 2 infantry platoons. It has a cargo capacity of 297 extra tons. The cargo and infantry spaces seem to have been modified hastily to accommodate the ASF cubicles, and would need some repairs.

The Dracs are bringing a few components with them, but there is enough space to accommodate our forces inside their dropship. We are leaving for New Kyoto in 5 days.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #5 on: 01 April 2019, 06:03:28 »
Well, I have been trying to get this flying from the POV of an Asperger-like techie. it did not fly. I will cintinue this from the POV of a more regular techie. Let's see where this brings me to...

TOE at this point (leaving galatea for New Kyoto)

- Rumiko (Beautiful flow); Fury dropship (1900 tn) Cptn. Yoshinobu Matsumoto.
Rumiko is altered to have capacity for only 2 infantry plattoons, and uses the extra space to house up to 4 mechs and 2 ASF (in this case LAMs) as well as the 2 infantry plattoons and 2 cargo/vehicle spaces.

- Shenron (WVR 6M) Cptn. Anton Gilenius   
- Eva (WVR 6K) Lt. Freya Slorm (f)
- Macross (STG 5A) Lt. (Rikugun-Chūi) Hiromi Otomo (f)
- Starscream (STG 5A) Lt. (Rikugun-Shōi) Masami Shirow
- 3rd Ryan Strikers (Laser infantry platoon). Can be deployed as recon hover bikes or Jump infantry Lt. maria Russo
- Recon platoon (4 Darters). No crew so far (needs to be contracted)

Martha and Rosa. Recovery Vehicles. Eva and Shenron usually travel strapped on them.
4-ish flatbed trucks (10tn)
Pavel (Patron loadermech) Piloted by Astech Alessia
Karl (Patron loadermech). Piloted by Astech Mikael
Field Hospital with 1 operating theatre. Doctor Anna Grenier + 4 nurses

Key personnel.
CO: Anton Gilenius. Pilot of Shenron
XO: Cornelia Ryan. Ex leader of 3rd Ryan Strikers and unofficial nursemaid of young Anton. In a wheelchair after a combat injury.
Head Astech. unnamed narrator so far
Second Astech (Kurita). to be named
Other techs: Alessia (2iC), Mikael, Olga
« Last Edit: 01 April 2019, 07:16:24 by Elmoth »

Register