Author Topic: Commander's Edition Wishlist  (Read 6329 times)

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
Re: Commander's Edition Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: 11 March 2019, 09:47:25 »
I want to see the quirks like what was done for the battletech manual.
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #31 on: 20 March 2019, 10:54:54 »
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Finlos

• Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 20 March 2019, 15:19:16 »
A definite step forward and one step closer to getting the book in my hands!

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: 20 March 2019, 15:45:55 »
Very excited to get my hands on the .PDF and book, when available.
Hayden

ussenterprise

• Recruit
« Reply #34 on: 21 March 2019, 00:30:04 »
Provide clearer instructions for playing with hex maps, esp. in terms of movement costs for going in and out of terrain. 

Also, it would be nice to have a scenario pack with extra Mechs and Alpha Strike cards released with the book for those who wish to expand their collections, but I know that's a longshot.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #35 on: 10 April 2019, 14:48:12 »
What I want to see, I posted in here. Variable Damage could be a lot better. It's DFA's pilot die idea adapted for Alpha Strike: A compromise between rolling 2d6 or 1d12 per point of damage and the all-or-nothing full damage system of Alpha Strike basic. I don't like the current variable damage system because damage isn't really determined by a low to-hit or the bell curve.

There is also an idea for vehicle crits to make them more in line with Total Warfare. Not too sure about that one, though.

Too bad it already went to press.
« Last Edit: 10 April 2019, 14:57:58 by Fear Factory »
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Two Guns Blazing

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #36 on: 19 April 2019, 00:14:18 »
I'm really looking forward to gaining access to the Commander's Edition, I'm glad it has gone to print!!!

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #37 on: 19 April 2019, 10:11:46 »
We know the book has gone to the printers but does anyone have an update on the status?
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #38 on: 19 April 2019, 10:14:38 »
nothing public

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Two Guns Blazing

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #39 on: 20 April 2019, 01:01:49 »
nothing public

Two Guns Blazing reads this, and chooses, without any justification, to interpret it as meaning that Sartris has some inside information and knows that the books have completed printing and are "On The Boat"...

kinwolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: 20 April 2019, 13:28:12 »
There was a post on instagram.  Catalyst received the printer proof
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwcgib_D5mh/?igshid=w3kowxdwhjm4
I hope the final product will be hardcover.  From the paper apparent quality, it leads me to think it will be.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2019, 13:30:42 by kinwolf »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #41 on: 20 April 2019, 14:38:41 »
Two Guns Blazing reads this, and chooses, without any justification, to interpret it as meaning that Sartris has some inside information and knows that the books have completed printing and are "On The Boat"...

Don’t follow me I run into walls

I hope the final product will be hardcover.  From the paper apparent quality, it leads me to think it will be.

Good stuff. I also venture that it will be hardcover as most (all?) CGL rulebooks are HC. Also you don’t title something commander’s edition and not release it as an HC book
« Last Edit: 20 April 2019, 14:44:45 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #42 on: 20 April 2019, 14:40:01 »

Most BT rulebook are hard cover.  I can't actually think of a published BT rulebook that isn't.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #43 on: 20 April 2019, 14:47:14 »
Not since fanpro anyway

Two Guns Blazing

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #44 on: 20 April 2019, 20:27:28 »
Don’t follow me I run into walls

Ahahahahahaha  ;D

Wow, thanks for posting this Kinwolf, I'm not on instagram and would've missed it otherwise! That looks really beautifully done, I am REALLY looking forward to getting my hands on it!!!

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #45 on: 20 April 2019, 22:06:03 »
Awesome. :drool:

Most BT rulebook are hard cover.  I can't actually think of a published BT rulebook that isn't.
Wasn't The BattleTech Compendium printed in paperback?  I want to swear to it, but that was a long time ago... :-\
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #46 on: 20 April 2019, 22:17:28 »
The hardcovers only for main rulebooks started with fanpro’s second issue of BMRr (35000) except the special issue HC of Compendium: Ruies of Warfare (1690L)

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #47 on: 20 April 2019, 22:53:49 »
The hardcovers only for main rulebooks started with fanpro’s second issue of BMRr (35000) except the special issue HC of Compendium: Ruies of Warfare (1690L)

I'm pretty sure the most recent of these is close to 15 years ago.  I'd be shocked if it's not hardcover.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Register