Author Topic: Quickshade advices wanted  (Read 2278 times)

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
Quickshade advices wanted
« on: 06 June 2012, 09:12:15 »
So will someone talk to me about this product?Whatever useful especially the right sequence if any for better results.
1 question is :after I've dipped the miniature and wait for dry,than can I paint again on top?

abou

• Captain
Re: Quickshade advices wanted
« Reply #1 on: 06 June 2012, 09:27:30 »
You can, but I recommend doing a quick spray of dullcote before painting again to provide a better surface.

Also, I don't recommend dipping, but rather holding the miniature upside down and painting the quickshade on.  Dipping can cause too much of the quickshade to pool in areas on BattleTech minis; which is really difficult to shake off.  Painting it on provides better control and allows you to brush off areas of excess or deal with bubbles.

But truth to be told, it's an awesome product.  I have the medium tone, which works great on pretty much everything except for whites and creams or dark browns and blacks.  Since it is a varnish though, you'll need white spirit or turpentine to clean your brush.

M-Rex

• Lieutenant
  • In Ferro, Veritas.
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2012, 10:09:29 »
I did these with Minwax Polyshade: Tudor.  I brushed on the base colors, dipped, dried overnight, then drybrushed and picked out the details the next day.

"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round...

"Carrying stuff may be a sign of improper utilization of your minions." - 'Freelance Writer' Paul

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2012, 22:44:21 »
Thanks guy!

M-Rex

• Lieutenant
  • In Ferro, Veritas.
« Reply #4 on: 06 June 2012, 23:57:58 »
Army Painter Soft Tone = Minwax PolyShade Pecan
Army Painter Strong Tone = Minwax PolyShade Antique Walnut
Army Painter Dark Tone = Minwax PolyShade Tudor

They are EXACTLY the same formula.  You can find Minwax Polyshades at TruValue Hardware...or whatever the equivalent is in your state.  They are also in larger cans and significantly cheaper...almost half the cost of the Army Painter small cans.

There's more shades too, right down to a very nice satin black that shades beautifully.

"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round...

"Carrying stuff may be a sign of improper utilization of your minions." - 'Freelance Writer' Paul

Register