Author Topic: Wasp - the Hymenoptera - faces for painting ideas  (Read 1958 times)

abou

• Captain
Wasp - the Hymenoptera - faces for painting ideas
« on: 01 March 2016, 23:05:35 »
I came across this article on NPR. Wasps are able to identify each other by the appearance of faces; much in the same way as humans. Included was a series of nine close-ups of wasp faces. The more I looked, the more I thought I had to share as it may provide some ideas for us painters.

http://www.npr.org/2016/03/01/468673964/golden-mole-award-winner-to-be-announced

Legion

• Master Sergeant
  • Je te provoque en duel, Freebirth!
Re: Wasp - the Hymenoptera - faces for painting ideas
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2016, 00:53:30 »
The more I looked, the more I thought I had to share as it may provide some ideas nightmares for us painters.

Fixed it for you.  But seriously, despite the jibblies I felt, I would love to see someone with skills (i.e. not me) do something with this.  Very cool.

Black_Knyght

• Captain
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
« Reply #2 on: 17 March 2016, 22:20:49 »
What a clever idea! It'd be quite a challenge, but the outcome would extremely unique.

Nahuris

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2016, 17:03:40 »
I think I can try it --- it would look awesome on some of my Celestials.

Now, I am inspired......LOL

Nahuris
"A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a BEST friend will skip along beside you with a baseball bat singing "someone's gonna get it."

"If we are ever in a situation, where I am the voice of reason, we are in a very bad situation."