Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 166090 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #1110 on: 09 December 2018, 07:20:58 »
Just installed Star Control:Origins.  Instead of playing the game, went straight to the ship designer.

Made an SDF-1 (apparently the 2nd one) and a Mospeada Garfish.  Considering what other ships to try and recreate.
How do you like Star Control Origins?  I didn't realize it came out. 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1111 on: 09 December 2018, 23:10:25 »
What level are you on in Fallout 4? I just got to 70... ran across the derelict missile command pyramid down in the desert way south about three months ago when I was still a 39-40ish. Man, try killing a Mutated Ledgenary Glowing RadScorpion with an extended Ripper! And then have a Blood Widow Stingwing chase you into a nest of Black Bloatfly while during one of those freaky green lightning storms that spring up ever so often.... Radaway please!

Talk about Stimpaks ever other attack!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1112 on: 10 December 2018, 00:35:06 »
If you have the Far Harbor DLC, there's a Ripper with the Staggering Legendary ability in IIRC the lumber mill.

Melee combat is officially a cakewalk at that point.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1113 on: 10 December 2018, 01:08:05 »
Just the plain version, but thanks for the update....

Maybe Santa might send me some MO this year....

I've gotten a FatMan that shoots a secondary projectile, gave it the experimental MIRV... half the screen brightens up, and almost the whole screen at dark!

Still have that Alien Blaster and almost 350 rounds, got the stuff to upgrade it to fusion, but haven't yet.

Really wish that they'd allow us to fix and mod a Motorcycle or one of those many mini-weird cars that you see lying around....

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1114 on: 10 December 2018, 01:42:34 »
Be careful using Big Boy:there's a bug that if you get 5 ranks of the Explosives damage-boosting perk, using the Experimental MIRV will cause the shot to explode in your face, instantly killing you.  I don't think it was ever fixed.

Upgrading the Alien Blaster to Fusion charges is fantastic: you lose about 5 points of damage but actually gain clip size, unlike what it says.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1115 on: 10 December 2018, 02:00:19 »
I've boosted most of my weapons to near max...

Standard load is the Never-reloading 10MM, attached suppressor and harden with long clip, using small recon sight. Extended Ripper, Quad-Irradiated Missile Launcher, Kellog's .44 upgraded to Bull, Le Fusil Terribles, upgraded max, Ashmaker upgraded to Tri-barrel and Spinner defense, Silver Shroud SMG and Reba II, upgraded.

But generally, I use any weapon... even fists!

I've run across three times wounded Mutant Mongrels, healed them with Stimpack and they even follow me, even if I have Dogmeat with me!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1116 on: 10 December 2018, 02:11:48 »
Feels odd, like it should have been Star Control 2.5/3.  Theres numerous references and clear nods to the original game.  The journal system is interesting, and they have an in game map that darkens the star systems you visit so you don't repeat them if you strip mine the system.

Overall i'm satisfied, game can be a bit tedious, but it's a rpg style game overall.

How do you like Star Control Origins?  I didn't realize it came out.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1117 on: 14 December 2018, 01:06:39 »
This is my review of Elite Dangerous this evening:

Docking request denied. Docking request denied. Docking request denied. Docking request denied. Docking request denied. Docking request denied. Docking request denied. Docking request denied. Docking request denied.

This concludes my review of Elite Dangerous this evening.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #1118 on: 14 December 2018, 09:17:01 »

Docking request denied. Docking request denied. Docking request denied. Docking request denied. Docking request denied. Docking request denied. Docking request denied. Docking request denied. Docking request denied.

Private Server...No Worries!
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1119 on: 14 December 2018, 12:05:36 »

You were outside of 7.5 km weren't you.  Or a heavily populated system
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1120 on: 14 December 2018, 12:39:44 »
You were outside of 7.5 km weren't you.  Or a heavily populated system

Nope. Sitting 500m from the station at zero velocity. It was the problem that deep space stations have with limited pads. All are occupied so you can't get in. What's weird is that one of the pads my size was empty and I was still being denied clearance to land. Dunno why; something must have glitched or it wasn't part of the active pad selection the game sees. I tried exiting and restarting the game a couple times, hoping that would clear NPC traffic, but no luck. I have a mission reward waiting for me there.

I'll probably open a ticket at some point if I can't get in again.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1121 on: 14 December 2018, 13:01:36 »
Nope. Sitting 500m from the station at zero velocity. It was the problem that deep space stations have with limited pads. All are occupied so you can't get in. What's weird is that one of the pads my size was empty and I was still being denied clearance to land. Dunno why; something must have glitched or it wasn't part of the active pad selection the game sees. I tried exiting and restarting the game a couple times, hoping that would clear NPC traffic, but no luck. I have a mission reward waiting for me there.

I'll probably open a ticket at some point if I can't get in again.

Are you playing on Open Play, or Private Server? in OPEN play you must compete for pads with all the rest of the general plebs on whatever server you are on (and that could potentially be a hundred or so).

In Private Play, there is you, and only you. and I have never been denied docking in Private play (except in the cases of being more than 7.5 km out).

If it is still happeneing in private Play, then yeah, likely a ticket issue.

As to that pad that 'looks' empty, are you sure there wasn;t a Ship Inside the pad?

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1122 on: 14 December 2018, 16:19:42 »
If it is still happeneing in private Play, then yeah, likely a ticket issue.

As to that pad that 'looks' empty, are you sure there wasn;t a Ship Inside the pad?

Oh good point, I forgot that.

Yeah, this is on solo play; it's just been NPCs blocking. Like 5 NPC ships competing for 2 pads and I couldn't get a word in edgewise. Never happened before in Elite.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1123 on: 14 December 2018, 16:28:12 »
Mega Man legacy collection was in the November humble bundle monthly so I’ve been slogging through the challenges embarrassingly poorly. Somewhere in 1991, ten year old me is laughing derisively

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1124 on: 14 December 2018, 18:02:17 »
It's because none of us have the reaction times we did when we were kids anymore.

And we tend to forget just how freaking hard those games actually were the first time around.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1125 on: 14 December 2018, 18:15:59 »
It's because none of us have the reaction times we did when we were kids anymore.

And we tend to forget just how freaking hard those games actually were the first time around.

I think that decline is a small percentage of the issue. We have a tsunami of games available to play now and little incentive to just focus on a few like we once good. Then there's patience. We're willing to put up with a lot less. And then there's just lack of time given job and family needs.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1126 on: 14 December 2018, 18:20:23 »
I think that decline is a small percentage of the issue. We have a tsunami of games available to play now and little incentive to just focus on a few like we once good. Then there's patience. We're willing to put up with a lot less. And then there's just lack of time given job and family needs.

This is my view as well. Back  in the 80s most of us only had a handful of games so you just kept playing the same ones over and over. Quickman’s deathbeams were much less frustrating when I used to play that stage multiple  hours a week for a bit. Also there’s something not quite right with the Xbone d-pad. Things went better after I dug out my usb-converted NES controller after the impotent rage had built up enough

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #1127 on: 14 December 2018, 18:32:39 »
Oh good point, I forgot that.

Yeah, this is on solo play; it's just been NPCs blocking. Like 5 NPC ships competing for 2 pads and I couldn't get a word in edgewise. Never happened before in Elite.

Cool...never een that many NPCs either. I may need to jump in sometime soon and tool around and get my exploration Ship Up and retooled.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1128 on: 14 December 2018, 18:39:05 »
Digital TVs also have a slight amount of lag compared to analog TVs.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1129 on: 14 December 2018, 19:21:52 »
Cool...never een that many NPCs either. I may need to jump in sometime soon and tool around and get my exploration Ship Up and retooled.

The new update released that has a lot of new scanning and mining mechanics like scanning planetary rings for hotspots, impact detonators, and full detonators to crack asteroids apart.

There's also a new night vision mode and the dark side of planets have been tuned down so that you actually need to use it.

The last bit is an upgrade in the universe information (like a much better encyclopedia/catalog), how you report and use system scanning, and some other UI tweaks.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1130 on: 15 December 2018, 09:14:49 »
Yesterday evening I pondered and wondered, and then I pulled the trigger. I bought Empire Deluxe Combined Edition and gave it test run, which ended up costing me couple hours of sleep. It is improvement over older versions of the game, I give it that. I'd better read manual about supply, resources, and nukes before I take those in the game. I bet this is decent game for a Windows tablet, though I have played it on my desktop only so far.

About MegaMan and other classics:

Speak only for yourself. I remember full well what "Nintendo hard" used to mean, how beating first level in Probotector (censored version of Contra for European market) was a challenge behind several tries etc. And just in last summer (or early autumn) I got 72-pin connector changed on family's NES and speed-ran through Probotector once more while I was checking did I connect the part right. I admit, I had gotten little rusty. But I beat the game without having to use continues. I think... ::)
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1131 on: 16 December 2018, 18:54:29 »
I felt bored this morning...

So I whipped out the special edition of Maximum Carnage for SNES... yes the red game, not the classic grey!

Played for four hours... then some chores until bout an hour ago...

Might play some more or box it back up... haven't decided... maybe Demon's Crest? Eh... who knows!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1132 on: 16 December 2018, 22:06:20 »
So you all know, I finally got into the station (and paid a fine for squatting on a landing pad out of frustration).

I'm looking at all the new keybindings for FSS and DSS scanning modes and... it's a lot. I may need to sit down and completely re-think my Steam Controller setup. I like how it works and have some muscle memory of it now, but holy cow does this change things.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1133 on: 16 December 2018, 22:33:21 »
Might play some more or box it back up... haven't decided... maybe Demon's Crest? Eh... who knows!

Boxed it up again, after a nice wipe down...

Put SNES into cold storage until next time...

Playing Runescape : World 12, look me up, truetanker1...

Almost got killed by a Level 305 Chaos Elemental... I'm about 101 now...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1134 on: 16 December 2018, 23:00:30 »
That is what we like to refer to as "level-inappropriate encounter."

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1135 on: 16 December 2018, 23:20:46 »
Well the thing is... 130 or so is the maxed level a Member can be.... there's bound to be higher levels to compete against. If you overkill something, what's the use? Not gaining much... it's like playing the hardest game with infinite armor / ammo lock on and no-damage against final bosses all day! Wow the first two or three times, but hours later? For what!?!

So they put some hard levels that randomly show up, waiting for unsuspecting players... I was out exploring a known region I've ran thru before... but haven't really looked at since the upgrades a few years ago. I've been busy doing other meaningful tasks like: Fishing, Cooking, Herbal-ing, Construction among a few... there's 27 skills each up to level 99, some go up to 130, maybe higher Jagex hasn't released anything new yet, their hinting that they might soon for 2019 a skill increase soon. I can't do the 27th skill yet, so it's still locked at 0... I need three other skills to open that up to be 90+... I've got 1 skill ready, but the other skills aren't even close... I'm mostly in the mid-to high 60's/70's in most skills. I've got a few 80's here and there...

TT

PS: Oh that
"level-inappropriate encounter."
I had?

I was 103 points of health... since posting the first time... I've been healing at a church in Lumbridge, yeah using my prayer to heal. I have 7400 points of health now... my " current " max... for a 101! could have used any of my cooking skills to eat for health or a Potion...

TT
« Last Edit: 16 December 2018, 23:26:17 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1136 on: 16 December 2018, 23:53:01 »
Your level maxes out at 130, but there are monsters in the game that can be 200+ levels higher?  Honestly, that seems like lousy game design.  It just seems like character level should be related to your ability to take on monsters.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1137 on: 17 December 2018, 01:55:44 »
Some are team events...

Also you can get, either build or buy in game using in game coins, higher weapons and such.. some potions do increase your levels.

I prefer to make my own stuff... I do have the Highest in Game Non-Member armor available... I bought that... took me 2 months of selling highest makeable cooking items at the time, Chocolate Cakes ( level 50 )... I can make up to level 90 now. That was about 6 or so years ago... I've been playing since '04! ( Wasn't a member then... was more like mid-30's in free worlder stuff... they had just upgraded everything to 99 levels maxed ).

I also make armor, weapons and just sold runes, potions and various items... IF I sold everything sellable in my bank, about almost 1 and a half Billion... or so... I currently have 55 Million and change in coins...

The game isn't just about beating up things... it's to unwind.. I've been a member for like 6 years... I play at most, about 3 hours a day give or take, mostly on the weekends... it adds up.

Black Queen Dragon is only 900 levels, try fighting the Kalphite King, level 2500! But there is a Keris dagger that helps.

Full listing of creatures:
https://www.tip.it/runescape/bestiary
https://www.tip.it/runescape/items/view/6655-keris

I believe you can apply poison to the blade as an attachment, which might help...

Haven't tried it, but I have seen both Dragon off-hand and Dragon Daggers with Weapon Poison... but a little research says as of 2012 it was removed from the game... might have to double check it, I have a friend who has one, or rather had one... still plays on and off. I'll ask them...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1138 on: 18 December 2018, 12:36:23 »
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is available on Steam for free for limited time in case anybody cares.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1139 on: 18 December 2018, 13:52:19 »
If I'm reading it correctly, you can play it for free until tomorrow (December 19th) but they're not actually giving the game away.