Author Topic: BattleTech Long Island II  (Read 172221 times)

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
Re: BattleTech Long Island II
« Reply #240 on: 26 November 2018, 21:46:23 »
supply drop in four days. :D
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #241 on: 02 December 2018, 16:26:26 »
Isn't that an M-1 Carbine?

The picture is an M1 variant and only serve as an example

the Mawr specs are different

« Last Edit: 02 December 2018, 16:33:12 by eilidhdawn »

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #242 on: 02 December 2018, 21:07:45 »
Upon RTB Commander of Arkab Harid reviews the AAR's of the encounter as well as the past encounters between the merc's, pirates, traitors and heretics trying to understand the tactics of his allies so they can coordinate  better in the field. His only reaction being. "OI VE!"

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #243 on: 03 December 2018, 20:09:26 »
And in three short weeks, he will help make more of it. :thumbsup:

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #244 on: 07 December 2018, 03:04:44 »
In the main control for the Nejiro ATC.
“Sir I have a track that will be in atmo in 30 mikes. And it does not have it transponder on.”
“Great just what we needed now. Track it and give me a probable landing zone.”
“Working on it now sir.”
“Get the Governor on the phone now! Inform her of what we have.”
“Sir these guys are burning in at 2Gs. They will be running north to south. They are on a track that can hit almost any major city.”
“Great we do not need raiders at this time. Get the local militia commanders on the line and have the civilians in the cities that can get hit into shelter.”

“Control to salvage team Alpha what is you location?”
“Salvage team Alpha inbound to recover site. We are about 5 mikes out.”
“Roger that Alpha. Be advised we have a DS track that will enter your area.”
“Roger that control. Any more good news?”
“Negative Alpha. At this time we do not have a good idea of what they plan to target.”
“Roger that control. We will move closer to the deck so we do not become a speed bump.”
“Roget that Alpha. You have clearance to drop to as low as angels 5.”
“Roger control. Alpha out.”

“Nejiro control to GSF. We have a DropShip track that will cover the center of Tairiku. You are to stand ready to deploy as needed.”

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #245 on: 08 December 2018, 22:17:58 »
“Nejiro control to GSF commands we have drop pods that will be landing 10 klicks southeast of your units that just engaged the Kokuryu-kai. You are instructed to move your units to intercept this new threat.”

“Baja security control to Nejiro control we have an armored unit with infantry support moving on the city from the southwest. They should be here in 20 mikes.”
“Nejiro control to Baja security roger that. Move civilians to shelters and provide security for the shelters we will send units to deal that armored unit.”
“Roger control. Civilians to shelter, provide security for shelters, defense forces to be sent to deal with armored unit.”

“Bridges security to Nejiro control, one of our patrols just spotted a group on vehicles heading to plant two.”
“Roger Bridges security. Any ID on the vehicles?”
“Negative control. They are painted in camo and did not answer our patrols challenge.”

“Hilo security to Nejiro control we have VTOL and ground vehicles inbound. Security teams are moving civilians to shelters.”
“Roger Hilo security. VTOL and ground vehicles inbound, civilians moving to shelter. We will dispatch forces to assist.”

“Fukuda security to Nejiro control we have light vehicles inbound. They are informing us that they will be providing security.”
“Roger Fukuda security. We have not dispatched any extra security to your area.”
:”Roger control. We will get people to shelter and wait on your reinforcements.”
“Fukuda security we will be sending GSF personal so if any others tell you they are you reinforcements you know they are not.”

“Yakan security to Nejiro control we have Koizami ‘Mechs informing us they are now taking over our security duites.”
“Roger Yakan. We have not given them authority to do this. We will send in units to clear this up.”

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #246 on: 09 December 2018, 18:16:03 »
Greyjoy here, moving to intercept.  Also, why didn't anyone tell me the Koizami clan had 'Mechs?  If they're in league with the BlackDracs, the Ironborn are going to burn their castle to the ground.

Julia, have the remaining Camp Hakan forces back up Hilo security.  Those choppers and tanks are NOT getting into the city.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #247 on: 09 December 2018, 19:31:20 »
Greyjoy here, moving to intercept.  Also, why didn't anyone tell me the Koizami clan had 'Mechs?  If they're in league with the BlackDracs, the Ironborn are going to burn their castle to the ground.

because this is the first time they are talked about in the open  ::)
as said in die hard .... welcome to the party pal.

Julia, have the remaining Camp Hakan forces back up Hilo security.  Those choppers and tanks are NOT getting into the city.

you may want to keep something for you own security  :thumbsup:

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #248 on: 10 December 2018, 22:04:09 »
So for the forces in the field.
1) you will each need to pick 1 unit to stay as security for the salvage team.
2) at what speed will you be moving at to engage the new targets?

The ComGuard force that is in the field will be returning to base as they will not be able to join us for this one.
If we have others join in I will have units for them to play. Do not count on them.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #249 on: 11 December 2018, 12:36:35 »
my vtols will remain on site with the recovery teams, all others are RTB. Field commander for Arkab Harib STRONGLY reccomends, that a combined arms force, comprised of vtols,vehicles, BA, and mechs be left to guard salvage teams otherwise the traitors to the Dragon will return and recover their lossess.
« Last Edit: 11 December 2018, 17:25:36 by ogremage »

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #250 on: 11 December 2018, 17:24:26 »
Anthony, question: when will the Botley brothers get back to base from their mission?  If they're back in time, I might send them to deal with the attack on Hilo.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #251 on: 11 December 2018, 17:42:56 »
Anthony, question: when will the Botley brothers get back to base from their mission?  If they're back in time, I might send them to deal with the attack on Hilo.

Not in time to help out in Hilo. They have a new problem to deal with.

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #252 on: 13 December 2018, 03:31:12 »
                               ArtSpire Sculpture Exhibition
                                        3068 ~ 2 ~ 8-23             
           Crystal Palace, Sunshine Park, Downtown Hilo
                                                                 INSPIRE

Featuring the art of Minoru Nizuma, Gyorgy Zala, Sislej Xhafa,                                       
                        Marysole Baz, Lei Yizin, Isamu Noguchi, Blue Sky, and Ursula della Robia

mediums include stone, metal, wood, glass, candy, choclate

tickets and proceeds to benefit the Starlight Foundation, bringing moments of joy and comfort to seriously and chronically ill children and their families

sponsored by Hilo General Hospital Pediatric Wing

« Last Edit: 21 February 2019, 15:35:34 by eilidhdawn »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #253 on: 13 December 2018, 03:31:31 »
“Syngman Rhee to Nejiro control. Why are GSF units moving to Tarawa?”
“Nejiro control. We do not have any GSF units in that area. The only military forces in that area are Nejiro Militia and a DCMS unit.”
“I have ‘Mech and armored units moving on Tarawa and they have GSF ID codes.”
“Once more we do not have any GSF units operating in that area. We will ask the commander of the DCMS unit to send personal to see just what is going on. They will be using DCMS ID codes.”
“I will not have GSF units operating in my family lands. If they do not remove themselves from the area I will have my Jundai remove them.”
“As I have said we do not have any GSF units in your area. The only combat units operating in that area are Nejiro Militia or DCMS. Just who these people are we do not know at this time. I will warn you not to underestimate them.”
“You should not underestimate my resolve in this matter. I will have my forces open fire on your mercenary troops if they do not leave. Syngman Rhee out.”

“Nejiro control to Sho-sa Haji Salaam. Sir can you dispatch some units to the City of Tarawa. We have a report of a unit that is using GSF ID codes to enter the city. You will need to use DCMS ID codes so the local militia can ID your force.”

“Tai-i Kalakaua to Nejiro control I have dispatch units to Yakan. They should be on site in a few hours.”

“Nejior control this is recon team 12 we have a combined arms company moving to Tarawa. The unit has a Charger, Ha Otoko, Dragon, Jenner, four Manticore heavy tanks and 4 heavy APCs.”

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #254 on: 13 December 2018, 05:44:33 »
umo no tokage

a carnivorous feathered lizard, with horns and frills
   up to eight meters from head to tail, weighing about 907 kg
   sickle shaped, razor sharp, hind claws are up to half a meter long
   curved blade like teeth with a bite force of about 10000 newtons, about one metric tonne psi
   forelimbs have three clawed 'hands' with sickle claws, up to 17 cm long, on each finger
   they are warm blooded and hunt and socialize in packs of up to ten

claws may do up to 2 pts to milspec armor                                                 
                        teeth .25 to 1 pt to milspec armor, depending on size of animal
                        there are several dozen packs in the Tokage Hozon Shimasa

recovered teeth, claws, quills and feathers are prized as bladed weapons of various styles

hunting in the Tokage Hozon Shimasa is forbidden and subject to execution

varan     

a 'beaked', herbivorous, feathered lizard that lives in large herds in the Tokage Hozon Shimasa
   up to ten meters long from head to tail, weighing as much as five metric tonnes
   forelimbs used to grasp and shear leafy branches have claws an average of one meter long
   they are capable of climbing
       claws are relatively straight, and gradually taper to a point, they are narrow and transversely flattened                             
                may do up to 4pts of damage to milspec armor
   double layer of feathers, down and quill
   urine is corrosive
   tightly packed serrated 'teeth' may do up to 2pts of damage to milspec armor

recovered claws are prized as bladed weapons and many are made into katana style weapons with stratosphere ironwood sheaths and handles, prices begin at 25000 Ryu

hunting in the Tokage Hozon Shimasa is forbidden and subject to execution

« Last Edit: 13 December 2018, 11:53:23 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #255 on: 13 December 2018, 06:10:17 »

uno no tokage

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #256 on: 13 December 2018, 11:17:42 »
umonotokage and varan claws and teeth, when available, are fashioned into various style weapons, often with stratosphere ironwood or koa wood sheaths, handles and bases
everything from knives, swords and spears to more exotic choices
these weapons are not common and koa style weapon prices generally begin at 1500 Ryu
nihonto style weapons prices generally begin at 15000 Ryu

blademakers that work with variant materials

Sojo-ko
shinsakuto nihonto
premier award winning bladesmiths

located in Yousai University District
public tours of our workshop and factory are available
formal classes in swordsmithing, applied engineering, and blacksmith tech are available

traditional japanese hand forged weapons: katana, wakizashi, tanto, yari, naginata, nagamaki, tachi, uchigatana, nodachi, odachi, kodachi, ya, tessen, kacchu

Master Swordsmith Sumitani Yoichiro
Smiths: Shido Munehide, Hori Tamemasa, Sen Kunifusa, Yonezu Nakatomo, Sanjou Yukiko, Aso Yomemi, Reizei Sakano, Nasu Saya

prices for tamahagane and blue mokumegane shinken negotiable from 12000 Ryu
prices for kacchu begin at 200000 Ryu
prices for tanto, ya, and tessen begin at 1500 Ryu

sojoko.co.njo

Dragonfly Forge
owner/bladesmith Graham Leofwig
Mastersmith Sexhelm Bowman
Smith Ru Hyonu
Bladesmith Caio Bonner
Carpenter Llew Hewitt
Engineer Cynebil Cooper
handforged, cast, and constructed weapons of various styles
located in Leaf, prices negotiable contact us at dragonflyforge.co.njo

Tamahagene Bladesmith
traditional japanese nihonto
owner/Mastersmith Akitsugu Amata
Swordsmith Keith Austin
Swordsmith Masamine Sumitani
Swordsmith Eila Larivaara
traditional katana prices begin at 3000 Ryu
located in Bridges
a phoenix industries company

Llafn Cryf
owner/Mastersmith Mian Crosse
Bladesmith Colla MacMoleyn
Bladesmith Sammo Catabar
Bladesmith Ever Menguy
Bladesmith Valeri Erquemboure
hand forged blades of celtic and norse style: claidheamh mor, biodag, axes, hammers, basket hilt broadswords, sgiandubh, halberds
prices begin at 500 Ryu
custom blade prices begin at 1500 Ryu
a member of the ceallach cooperative, Whistler

Bizen Osafune
award winning blades of the japanese bizen style
a company of the sugai zaibatsu, located in Hilo
owner Su Sadahiko
Smith Sueno Shizue
Smith Kuroba Sen
Smith Tashiro Masako
Smith Iisak Ketola
Smith Lluc Calsada
blades start at 6000 Ryu

Koa Mea Kaua
weapons made from indigenous hardwoods and teeth, claws, shells, and other various materials in the style of pacific island cultures
prices start at 50 Ryu, see catalog at koameakaua.co.njo
owner/ Crafter Elika Lani
Crafter Anuhea Allen
Crafter Chandra Nianzu
Crafter Levi Hutabalian
workshops located on Vanatu

Kikuichi Knife
factory located in Mauna Kea
a holding of peony corp.
hand hammered hard and soft carbon folded kitchen cutlery, knives, swords, tools, and accessories
prices begin at 300 Ryu
owner/ Mastersmith Xander Caito
bladesmith Arrluk Wada
bladesmith Isaias Souza
bladesmith Jesse Day

« Last Edit: 03 March 2020, 22:44:27 by eilidhdawn »

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #257 on: 13 December 2018, 17:50:43 »
:Euron listening to comms chatter:

Great, now someone might have stolen our IFF codes.  Camp Qishi, you didn't move any forces into the field near Tarawa, did you?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #258 on: 13 December 2018, 18:32:05 »
:Euron listening to comms chatter:

Great, now someone might have stolen our IFF codes.  Camp Qishi, you didn't move any forces into the field near Tarawa, did you?

They are using GSF ID codes not IFF.
IFF codes are in your targeting systems
GSF ID codes are ones you transmit to inform people you work for the government.

The Sho-sa has not responded as yet.

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #259 on: 13 December 2018, 19:01:15 »
Hello,

Obviously, tickets for Inspire have been acquired for all members of the Musashi clan, and plus ones...

Shiro is checking out Katana/Wakizashi pricing, and of course Grandmother has already arranged for a mastercraft Katana...

Thanks!
John

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #260 on: 14 December 2018, 19:33:02 »
Is it possible that some of Cesar's recently-captured associates could have given that information away?

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #261 on: 14 December 2018, 19:43:53 »
If they did, then I have a Mechwarrior and a tank crew that will have some explaining to do.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #262 on: 14 December 2018, 21:53:16 »
Is it possible that some of Cesar's recently-captured associates could have given that information away?

Could be.  >:D

Then it could be others on world that don't like the current leader.  ::)

But what would I know about things like this  >:D

I do recall that she has some very traditional family members  ^-^

If they did, then I have a Mechwarrior and a tank crew that will have some explaining to do.

I do recall you having them on a tight leash.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #263 on: 16 December 2018, 18:02:24 »
I do have killswitches in their machines if they get out of line in battle.  However, what they do out of them (ie. private time)isn't as tightly controlled.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #264 on: 16 December 2018, 21:27:06 »
I do have killswitches in their machines if they get out of line in battle.

this we talked of before and keep this in mind so if they were to try something.

However, what they do out of them (ie. private time)isn't as tightly controlled.

I was thinking that personal were keeping an eye on them just to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #265 on: 17 December 2018, 15:24:57 »
has there been any response from the families/clans that share the continent/island about training together to better defend the assets here? Positive? Negative? hostile?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #266 on: 18 December 2018, 13:35:04 »
has there been any response from the families/clans that share the continent/island about training together to better defend the assets here? Positive? Negative? hostile?

at this point it has only been a fer days. they are looking over what you have offered and checking out who you are.

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #267 on: 18 December 2018, 17:40:52 »

Redstone News
Business Section
After the Bell (cont.)

Kyoryoku Hanta IPO dropped at 17 Ryu a share and raised 911.2 million Ryu, at close of trading the stock was valued by the market at 21.4 Ryu a share.

Stock Gains
Future Technologies  141.8 (+10.47) +7.97%
Buki to Boei              203.  (+17.38) +9.36%
Mano Mokuluu          72.55 (+10.50) +16.92%
Pueo Drones            166.21 (+12.78) +8.33%

Kiah sends her lawyers to canvas for a good investment company she is very interested in buying stock in local companies (if it is permissible for "non native" to dip their toe in the market of the planet)

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #268 on: 18 December 2018, 17:51:29 »

kiah gathers her people in the great hall to go over the mailing and to figure out what type of order they should place with this company

kiah is very interested in acquiring a karnov and some of the other items as well

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #269 on: 18 December 2018, 18:30:15 »
since i will not be able to be at the store for the battle the forces i sent to the estate battle can be used to secure the battle field if needed so others can be freed up to go elsewhere