Author Topic: PVs for Mines and other  (Read 1239 times)

JohnJohn2020

• Recruit
PVs for Mines and other
« on: 02 March 2019, 07:54:46 »
Hi all.
Running a campaign in AS, I would like to know if there's any way to give consistent with the rules, PVs for minefields, passing aerospace fighters, or artillery ?
If I give one side three passing bombing runs of 2 point damage bombs, that would mean to the opposte side how many PVs to add to their forces?

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: PVs for Mines and other
« Reply #1 on: 02 March 2019, 13:29:14 »
The idea with bombs IIRC was that it was a freebie given to aircraft.  Otherwise aircraft are overcosted for their general effectiveness.

Artillery has a standard cost based on the unit carrying it.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 02 March 2019, 18:23:56 »
I think the OP was referring to air/artillery strikes as a "one and done" with an associated PV value.  Kind of like how BMM does it, rather than actually buying ASFs & Artillery and such.

To which of course the answer is "AS doesn't do it that way."  Kind of like how there's no PV value for having advantageous terrain when your opponent is denied it... you can incorporate such things into the battle but you'll have to use your own judgement on how much/little PV it's worth depending on the specific contexts.

JohnJohn2020

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 04 April 2019, 04:12:21 »
Thanks for the info,
I used the construction rules and I think I got what I need.... :)

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 04 April 2019, 11:38:20 »
To which of course the answer is "AS doesn't do it that way."

The next couple months is going to be painful
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Register