Author Topic: RP SN Question  (Read 1685 times)

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
RP SN Question
« on: 17 May 2023, 12:54:17 »
I saw this today, from NKG, they've got a list of minis they're looking for.

RAL20-808   Pegasus Lt. Hover Tank (Blue Card)
RAL20-808O   Pegasus Lt. Hover Tank (Orange Card)

RAL20-750   Rommel/Patton
RAL20-750B   Rommel/Patton

As you can see, the first 2, it says Blue Card/Orange Card, and the 2nd has the "O" after the SN, so you'd think it means "Orange Card", though I don't know that RP ever actually labeled it that way. But then the 2 Rommel/Pattons Tanks, neither indicates what color the Card is, while the 2nd has a "B" after the SN. You'd think that, if "O" equals Orange, then "B" equals Blue, right?

They do the same with several others, both 'Mechs and Vehicles. Seems like, when they do have ("Color" Card) indicated, the letter matches the color. (B=Blue, O=Orange) Then you've got the Schrek.

RAL20-753   Schrek 80 Ton PPC Carrier
RAL20-753   Schrek 80 Ton PPC Carrier (Blue Card)

Several also have BC for "Blue Card", then you've got some other oddballs.

RAL20-610-P   Blackhawk Omnimech
RAL20-610-BC   Blackhawk Omnimech (Blue Card)

RAL20-632-CLA   Clan Predator
RAL20-864-R   Hatchetman Mech

RAL20-645   Marauder IIC (Unseen)
RAL20-645-MAR   Marauder IIC (Unseen) (Blue Card)

AL20-629-PHA   Phantom Omnimech
RAL20-632-REA   Reaper

RAL20-840   WHM-6R Warhammer
RAL20-840-86   WHM-6R Warhammer (Black & Orange Card)
RAL20-840B   WHM-6R Warhammer (Unseen)

RAL20-784-MYR   Myrmidon Medium Tank
RAL20-749-GOB   Goblin Infantry Support Vehicle

Does anyone know if RP used these SNs, or at least printed them on the cards?  ??? I've got several older minis, still MIB, but I haven't really paid much attention to the cards.  :-\
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: RP SN Question
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2023, 23:27:32 »
I remember buying a few blue card minis from NKG years ago, and I don't recall ever seeing the SNs on any of them.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2023, 08:30:33 »
I know there used to be a store somewhere out West (want to say Arizona?), called Wargames West, and they were able to create their own packaging, somehow.  They had several BT "Tag Team" packages, with their own SNs on them.  I've got pics of 2 of them, "WAR2106" has a Crusader and a T-Bolt, while "WAR2005" has 2 Rifleman, all "Unseen".  I've only seen those 2 pics online, never seen any in person, but I think they had more than those 2.  But those aren't "Ral Partha" SNs either.

I wonder if the NKG SNs are something for their own internal use?   ???  Just how THEY keep track of things in their computer system?
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2023, 18:36:21 »
Ral Partha never did that with their stock numbers. Source: my several hundred blisters, plus years of research for my product list. Why don't you ask NKG?

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2023, 13:42:52 »
So, I posted this question here, thinking someone with Knowledge of RP minis could help answer it, because most of us know that whoever at NKG handles their BT minis knows JACK about pricing.  I Obviously expected too much though.   :-\

Took a few emails back and forth with NKG, but they confirmed MY Guess, that Yes, the odd SNs are their internal method of keeping track of the different blisters.  As I told "Rick" from NKG, that means my 1 time for being Correct/Right for the month of May has been used.  :thumbsup:   ;D

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2023, 13:53:45 »
So, I posted this question here, thinking someone with Knowledge of RP minis could help answer it, because most of us know that whoever at NKG handles their BT minis knows JACK about pricing.  I Obviously expected too much though.   :-\

Ral Partha never did that with their stock numbers. Source: my several hundred blisters, plus years of research for my product list. Why don't you ask NKG?