Author Topic: Getting Cored Every Time  (Read 1813 times)

VonnVary

• Recruit
Getting Cored Every Time
« on: 30 March 2023, 17:53:00 »
Hey all,

So my group is new to Destiny and we've noticed that whenever mechs are attacked, the mech gets cored really quickly (especially compared to total warfare). We've yet to see anyone lose a leg or even an arm. Has any one else had this problem? If so, is there a solution?

Thanks Ya'll

VonnVary

• Recruit
Re: Getting Cored Every Time
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2023, 09:51:18 »
Hey All,

So my friends and I have been play testing Destiny these last few weeks and we came to the conclusion that the Torso simply needs more armor/internal slots since the chance to hit the torso is so great. We play tested a few scenarios and decided that we would add the Center Torso + Half of the Left Torso + Half of the Right Torso armor and internals. By doing this, we experienced more spread in damage and while coring was still common, we had several mechs with blown off limbs and felt the essence of Battletech was preserved. 

i.e. The Hunchback 4P has armor as follow: LT-20, CT-26, RT-20, LTR-4, CTR-5 & RTR-4. So we add the Center Torso armor together 31 = 26+5 and then we also add half of both LT & RT together = 10 + 10 + 2 + 2 = 24. 24 + 31 = 55
Finally we need to convert warfare armor to destiny by dividing 55 by 3 = 18 Destiny Pips.

Of course the stock mech diagram in destiny is limited by an amount of pips shown so I have to go into paint and modify it (See attached link below).

Let me know what you think.

Mech Design Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OJcn2ic8iHyT3e2Xsmffe8NqQhZEZih2/view?usp=share_link

koraq

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2023, 03:46:32 »
Similar sentiments has been voiced before, and a small bump like the one you suggest seems to be a neat fix. I like it.

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor above all, Except of Vengance
« Reply #3 on: 04 December 2023, 07:24:36 »
Hi there.
Perhaps you should consider giving a read to the mech concertino rules Override, from the people of Death From Above (a YouTube channel AND also website).
They got the dame idea of torsos AND reworked the convertion for that location.
While some fight with honor, Others win battles

Register