Author Topic: Fan Funding 2019 - New Production Molds for 25mm Mechwarrior Minis - Funded!!  (Read 22958 times)

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
All of the fund are in and I have let Mike know to fit them into the molding schedule.

I will have the vouchers out this week.

Kovax

• Captain
  • Taking over the Universe one mapsheet at a time
Incredible.  I check the 25mm MechWarrior mini thread about once a month, and no progress, no progress, no progress, and then suddenly it's up for fan funding and fully funded in just a matter of days.  I'm impressed.  Guess I know what I'll be buying in a few months when these go into production.

I've already got a Davion infantry platoon, and at least half a box worth of Kurita troopers for a small infantry skirmish, but never had any Mechwarriors, pilots, or other appropriate figures to set up a good RPG scenario without "questionable" substitutions using fantasy figures ("Why does the military liason officer look like some kind of hide-wearing barbarian with an axe?").  This thread is excellent news.

Juodas Varnas

• Sergeant
("Why does the military liason officer look like some kind of hide-wearing barbarian with an axe?").
I don't know man, sounds pretty accurate to the uniforms in Battletech to me.

dgorsman

• Captain
Casual Fridays in rhetoric FRR military.   :P
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

abou

• Captain
All of the fund are in and I have let Mike know to fit them into the molding schedule.

I will have the vouchers out this week.
Maybe you can answer this question, Speck, but if not I understand.

I'm not so much asking on when these will be released (unless you know the mold schedule and can guess), but more what is the game plan. Are we looking at one massive release in a single quarter or spread out across multiple quarters?

Kovax

• Captain
  • Taking over the Universe one mapsheet at a time
Personal opinion, perhaps, but it would seem to me that the various Mechwarriors (some with neurohelmets) would be a hot seller for RPGs, either for player characters or NPCs trying to get to their 'Mechs, or for ejected pilots trying to evade death or capture at the hands of enemy infantry on an active battlefield.  The other factions' ground troops (besides Davion and Kurita, who already have infantry sets) might be second most useful, and the various techs, security guards, etc., third.

Of course, different players will have different ideas for games they'd like to run, so I could be totally wrong.  It might be interesting to see which of those figures would draw the most interest.

To weigh in on a couple of earlier comments, the sculpts are reasonably good enough to still fit into a relatively modern game, but not at the high end in quality.  Basically, they're more than adequate for almost all purposes besides painting competitions, and I don't think we could expect to see IWM pay to have anything better sculpted in any reasonable timeframe, if ever.  I'll take "good", if I can't have "great", because it beats having "nothing".

Spaceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
Did the vouchers get sent out yet? I'm just wondering if I missed it in my email.
Demo Agent #567 Binghamton, NY (Southern Tier)
FLGS: Jupiter Games - Johnson City, NY

Southern Tier BattleTech Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/STierBattleTech/

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
I haven't gotten the voucher yet either, so I think Speck has just been busy.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
On my list to get done.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
Credit vouchers have been sent out.

Ian Wagner

• Recruit
Where can I find the link to get in on dropping funds on this?

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
The 'fan funding' part is already completed. Now we just have to wait for IWM to slot them into the production schedule. Don't expect them to be available until after Gen Con, at least...

Ian Wagner

• Recruit
The 'fan funding' part is already completed. Now we just have to wait for IWM to slot them into the production schedule. Don't expect them to be available until after Gen Con, at least...

Darn.  Barring getting in on the funding cycle the fallback was to pick them up during my GenCon yearly visit to the Brick'n'Mortar location.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Darn.  Barring getting in on the funding cycle the fallback was to pick them up during my GenCon yearly visit to the Brick'n'Mortar location.

Fan Funding is just members of the community putting the money together to get a mini or minis into production.  Once that's done, anyone can buy them - though they're generally only available via the website and cons.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
I had to wait until they actually arrived yesterday at Origins but all of the Mechwarrior figure molds are done and we have at the show. For the Conventions this summer we are selling them by the faction in a blister. So each blister has all of that faction models in it. I will have images after Origins.

abou

• Captain
Oh snap, so you guys didn't wait at all to get them produced. Now it is just a matter of waiting for the web release.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Awesome!! 8)  Big thanks to you Speck and everyone at IWM! :thumbsup:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
I picked up all 5 sets today. All 40 figures have crisp details, and mold lines are very fine and will require a minute at most to clean. One Liao figure and one Davion figure have heavier mold lines along arms and legs, and should require about 5 minutes of file work. All in all, very nice work.

abou

• Captain
I picked up all 5 sets today. All 40 figures have crisp details, and mold lines are very fine and will require a minute at most to clean. One Liao figure and one Davion figure have heavier mold lines along arms and legs, and should require about 5 minutes of file work. All in all, very nice work.
Are photos possible? What kind of blisters are they in?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
Are photos possible? What kind of blisters are they in?

After Origins images will be up.

abou

• Captain
Hey Speck, any chance for those images? I don't mean to come across as thirsty, but... I am thirsty.

I get it that you are busy though. So just tell me to cool it if you don't have time yet.

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
Here are mine.
The first 4 Davion:

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
The last 4 Davion:

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant