Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Aerospace / Forced Boarding challenge?
« Last post by Cannonshop on Today at 13:21:39 »
here's one for you all; design a smallcraft explicitly engineered for boarding actions (That is, deploying infantry marines or battlearmor) against an opponent who's resisting.  (to include an enemy who's trying to maneuver, spin, rotate, or otherwise make things difficult, and whose docking clamps will absolutely NOT engage).

Explain how it's supposed to work within the game rules.
REally, for schlepping canon battlesuits, pretty much ANY APC variant is fine, as long as it has the capacity.  Some are better thought out than others, or more expensive, or both.

But in general, anything that can keep up with your 'mechs will work.  I like VTOL insertion for specific, mission-based games, where speed and unexpected appearance are useful or where an objective can be taken by bypassing the enemy's main battle line, I prefer hovers in swamp or maps with lots of water/ground mix that make walking difficult, wheels for urban (or where C-bill prices actually matter), tracks for everywhere else.

beyond that, 'best' really depends on the rest of your force and doctrine, the mission you're playing out, and the conditions.  (you don't take VTOL or Hover in hard vacuum or under water).

Fan Fiction / Re: Opalescent Reflections
« Last post by Cannonshop on Today at 13:10:55 »
as much fun as it might be to go into the pseudoscientific ideas underlying the Clans and their Eugenics program (and believe me, it is fun to dismantle this kind of shit), the fact is, we're distracting from the story and I'd like to see how the story plays out.

can we table it for now?  I know I've made the mistake of encouraging the tangent, and I apologize to everyone for that.
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: Winterguard (Non-Battletech)
« Last post by Gladius-XC on Today at 13:10:37 »
Thanks guys!
Not sure about that, most of the time I'm reconfiguring on fully repaired units.
Very true. Players had one more raid for StarCorps, then FedCom picked them up to do the same for them. Some slim pickings during those years...
Such a beaut.
Off Topic / Re: Anyone else remember Hypernauts?
« Last post by Luciora on Today at 12:40:57 »
Hypernauts just got a mention in this video about Voltron the 3rd dimension.

https://youtu.be/ob656NHzKrE?si=9XxNWqIgTVua2Yna
Fan Fiction / Re: Opalescent Reflections
« Last post by mikecj on Today at 12:40:41 »
It was in the novel Betrayal of Ideals.  An adopted Wolverine scientist used Wolverine genes in several sibkos. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10