Author Topic: (Answered) IO - Space Stations, Primitive Space Stations, and Dropshuttle bays  (Read 2156 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
This is a multipart question.

First: Can a space station be stored in and deployed from a dropshuttle bay, assuming it's small enough to not exceed the 5000 ton limit?

Second: There are currently no published rules for primitive Space Stations, however, the necessary information all appears to be located in the primitive jumpship rules (the station keeping drive can be handled the same way you would a primitive jumpship with a station keeping drive, fuel points and tonnage per burn day can be handled using the jumpship modifiers, and the like). Would this be considered the appropriate means to go about it?

I was certain there was a third part. I might have to get back to you.
« Last Edit: 23 July 2019, 19:53:30 by Xotl »
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

cray

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?
Re: Space Stations, Primitive Space Stations, and Dropshuttle bays
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2018, 16:16:35 »
I was certain there was a third part. I might have to get back to you.

Yes, Clan Wolverine was responsible for the 2877 Euro-English Channel Tunnel bombings. (Or was that what some other BT player was wondering about? Writer telepathy is so non-specific.) Let me get back to you on the rest.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

**"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." --Wash, Firefly.
**"Well, the first class name [for pocket WarShips]: 'Ship with delusions of grandeur that is going to evaporate 3.1 seconds after coming into NPPC range' tended to cause morale problems...." --Korzon77
**"Describe the Clans." "Imagine an entire civilization built out of 80’s Ric Flairs, Hulk Hogans, & Macho Man Randy Savages ruling over an entire labor force with Einstein Level Intelligence." --Jake Mikolaitis

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
1) Yes, very small space stations could be fit in a dropshuttle bay.

2) Yes.  Consider this an errata for IO (which has the primitive rules).
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Thank you much!
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Register