Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
When I hear Premium Omnimech mini I get this crazy idea I'll be able to do at least 1 variant.  The head scratching Timberwolf TC premium mini has been surpassed by the Mad Dog Prime.

Come on CGL, you can do more exciting stuff with the Premium line than this!

Thanks for the excellent Eris and Hammerhead though.  Looking forward to an eventual Timberwolf A.

With multiple leg and arm options to create a variety of poses,

It actually says that in the description
Here's the one I mentioned earlier.

We had our company with a Vehicle Support Lance (including Artillery), facing off against a combined arms Battalion.  We had a couple lances of reinforcements come in their rear later one, but they were soon called away.

Brutal fight.  My Mercury II lost all its weapons, so was left just spotting for the Artillery with its PRB and Forward Observer.  My Thunderbolt also got hammered to scrap as he tried to help out with Spotting.  My Stalker who was spending most of her time doing IDF, came out pretty good, as did my J. Edgar.
The CDT will be running Battletech missions and a Alpha Strike Championship Circuit event at the
Philadelphia Area Gaming Expo.

https://tabletop.events/conventions/philadelphia-area-gaming-expo:-page-2
The CDT will be hosting Battletech Missions events at Dexlite 2024 in Morristown, NJ

https://tabletop.events/conventions/dexlite-2024
Damn I didn't realize the mugs were already sold out. Will they get restocked or is that over?

I remember them mentioning in one of the con livestreams they were working on a big store restock. Mugs weren't specifically named, but I think it's a safe bet since they sold out so quickly. That's money you can smell.
Thank you to all who came! It was great seeing 3-4 tables of Battletech running all the time at the con!
Fight to your own strengths.  Go in, deny immediate contact if possible.  Send scouts in civilian clothes to get the lay of the land and if possible direct observations about what the local garrison is fielding.  Who knows, if you're really unlucky they've got a solahma unit that is only equipped with Star League era Mechs that have been passed down for a century or two after sitting in a Brian Cache for Kerensky knows how long.  If you're after advanced Clan tech is there any point engaging them at that point, beyond maybe picking up some salvage?  Maybe they've got an officer in a Clan Mech, so now you can plan some sort of ambush to isolate that particular unit.  Maybe you get lucky and there is a shipment of Clan weapons already crated up that you can take in a quick smash and grab, or even pay some local laborers to load on the wrong trucks that can be 'ambushed' with little effort.
Fan Articles / Re: Armchair Analyst: The Hermes I
« Last post by The Eagle on Today at 11:01:59 »
I've utilized the 3S2 on more than one occasion as a TAG monkey for my SGLRM batteries.  Jump jets would be handy, but its high speed is usually enough to dodge most incoming fire.  If I'm running combined arms, I usually go to an Owens instead because it has TAG and can carry battle armor, but in a pure-Mech game this is one of my go-to choices.
The more I think about it, the size of the playing field really determines how many units can fit and still have room to maneuver.  We tend to play on 4x6 (two card tables) and while you can fit 38-40 units, it leads to everyone being in range of nearly everyone else and flanks being able to support the center without moving.  I think 4x6 is suited best to 24-30 units total, which would be between 400-600 PV a side depending on skill levels and so on. 

While I'd love to field a battalion on battalion (or cluster) I can't imagine the size of playing surface you'd need to allow those forces to maneuver at all. 

I guess I'm saying, I love the look of fielding all those models at one time, it becomes more 'line em up and knock em down' than I'd like.
There's a surprising lack of gacha in a show called Gachaman.

Gatchaman.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10