Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XVII: Licensed to IlClan  (Read 138278 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Upcoming Releases XVII: Licensed to IlClan
« Reply #570 on: 12 August 2020, 15:53:41 »
Yeah, the IS Std would certainly work better than the Fenrir off the RATs for sure.  But they do build the IS Std, Infiltrator & Purifier- the latter two admittedly in small quantities- along with two mechs at the secret HDF Manufacturing complex.  Considering the mercs that guard the place were fitted out with what is produced to defend it . . . Banshees, UrbanMechs and BA to supplement the mech companies gets interesting.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Doom

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #571 on: 12 August 2020, 15:58:37 »
That factory might build more than what's listed. It states "products include" but that's different from "this factory only makes the following". Seems like a way to give future writers flexibility?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #572 on: 12 August 2020, 17:16:44 »
Sure, the Infiltrator & Purifier are more complex . . . it could be they swap off a single line between types, IE 6 months Infiltrators & 6 months Purifiers . . . or the runs could be limited b/c they are limited in the amount of stealth & mimetic armor they can produce- lines are shut down between production runs until a stockpile of the armors exist that let them run the lines for 4 months at full speed.

Plenty of options . . . and its also not to say the Fenrir or one of the other suits.  But I think the types of suits really point a finger at the Blakists hiding out.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #573 on: 13 August 2020, 09:29:57 »
EDGC arrived today. still no word on TRO:GC

addendum: DTRPG's FAQ is saying up to 24 day delay on printing (https://support.drivethrurpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044330092-Why-hasn-t-my-book-shipped-yet-). odd that one came relatively quickly and the others have not. perhaps they're being done at different printing centers?
« Last Edit: 13 August 2020, 09:47:56 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #574 on: 13 August 2020, 10:06:54 »
EDGC arrived today. still no word on TRO:GC

addendum: DTRPG's FAQ is saying up to 24 day delay on printing (https://support.drivethrurpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044330092-Why-hasn-t-my-book-shipped-yet-). odd that one came relatively quickly and the others have not. perhaps they're being done at different printing centers?
Wow, the 2nd part of the FAQ on their website is killing me, "Orders shipping outside the US/Canada the printing time is generally 5 business days" vs 24 for orders in the US/Canada.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #575 on: 13 August 2020, 10:12:54 »
international printing centers not as backlogged?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #576 on: 13 August 2020, 10:14:06 »
Another case of Would be nice if there was Printing centre for Canada OTHER than the US
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #577 on: 13 August 2020, 12:23:31 »
Another case of Would be nice if there was Printing centre for Canada OTHER than the US

It would definitely be more efficient but only if you have the money/resources to do so. I work at a print shop and ship out allot of paper internationally, you be surprise how many US based companies have to ship out papers and books. Notice I said have to because I'm sure if they had the option, they would rather have it printed on site rather than pay to have printed on the other side of the planet then flown to whoever actually needs it. 
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #578 on: 13 August 2020, 20:27:01 »
I'm in the same boat.  Era Digest showed up yesterday.  I just figured the process for printing the Tech Readout in landscape was going to take longer, but not that long.  24 days seems odd.  Unless they are blaming COVID...
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #579 on: 13 August 2020, 20:32:46 »
guessing so, even if it's not implicit. i did see on the packing slip that the other items would be shipped separately, which means they acknowledge there was more to my order at least.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #580 on: 13 August 2020, 20:36:21 »
Yeah, I did a double check yesterday to make sure I didn't screw up and only order the PDF.  I didn't, and the order still shows as pending, so I just have to sit back and be patient and wait for it.  Figure Friday's Rec Guide will hold me over.  ;)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #581 on: 14 August 2020, 00:04:42 »
I'm in the same boat.  Era Digest showed up yesterday.  I just figured the process for printing the Tech Readout in landscape was going to take longer, but not that long.  24 days seems odd.  Unless they are blaming COVID...
Same here. Got the Digest Wednesday with the TRO being sent separately. My guess is that they are waiting for a certain number of orders to come in and then print them bulk rather than piecemeal.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #582 on: 14 August 2020, 03:51:14 »
My guess is that they are waiting for a certain number of orders to come in and then print them bulk rather than piecemeal.
But the very concept of PoD is that every single copy is its own "print run". PoD was created to purge any "economy of scale" considerations from the print process because they were bad for tiny print runs and back catalog items; conversely, there is no benefit from bulk orders as the production process is for single items. You wouldn't "bulk produce" 3d printed objects either.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #583 on: 14 August 2020, 04:30:22 »
Got my email overnight that my TROGC has been shipped.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #584 on: 14 August 2020, 05:31:13 »
Ditto for me
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #585 on: 14 August 2020, 07:04:24 »
A apparently mine be sent by USPS Media mail. Which means slow boat from China.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

PsylockeSmythe

• Corporal
« Reply #586 on: 14 August 2020, 07:30:14 »
I also only received the Digest earlier this week.  I'm still waiting for the TRO and 2nd Succession Wars book to ship, which were ordered at the same time.

Psy 

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #587 on: 14 August 2020, 07:35:47 »
Just got the email this morning from DriveThru saying TRO: Golden Century has shipped!  8) :D

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #588 on: 14 August 2020, 08:21:08 »
Same here!

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #589 on: 14 August 2020, 08:46:18 »
Just got the era digest in the mail! Wasnt sure what to expect as it was my first time with p.o.d but it's beautiful!
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #590 on: 14 August 2020, 09:30:54 »
Just got the era digest in the mail! Wasnt sure what to expect as it was my first time with p.o.d but it's beautiful!

I'm waiting on the Era Digest to be delivered.  Maybe I'll get it today after work and have the weekend to digest it.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #591 on: 14 August 2020, 09:50:20 »
Yeah, I just received notice that my House Arano & TRO Golden Century shipped . . . with both of them being done at the same time, I am thinking they have production que that is a week out.  Which makes sense they were saying 2 weeks since they offered something they 'meet.'

I guess the main question is would there be a difference between the POD House Arano vs ED Golden Century.
Colt Ward

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #592 on: 14 August 2020, 10:03:34 »
I'm waiting on the Era Digest to be delivered.  Maybe I'll get it today after work and have the weekend to digest it.
  It should have a tracking # for you to see if it was delivered. Tho mine didn't update till it was delivered ^^;;.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #593 on: 14 August 2020, 10:21:08 »
i was not in the latest shipping batch, it seems.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #594 on: 14 August 2020, 11:42:15 »
Isnt there a RecGuide due today?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #595 on: 14 August 2020, 11:45:24 »

No not today, (goes back to hitting F5 to see if the new book has dropped)

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #596 on: 14 August 2020, 12:01:29 »
Yes, today.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #597 on: 14 August 2020, 12:03:27 »

Yessir!  This month is today and the 28th for Marauder Madness!!!

Next month may be the fall pause, which will be accompanied by sullen tears. 

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #598 on: 14 August 2020, 12:06:02 »
It is the Timber Wolf release today . . . but yeah, really looking forward to the Marauder edition in 2 weeks- even if I am a Wolf.
Colt Ward

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #599 on: 14 August 2020, 12:30:41 »
Remember, Jerome Winson drove a Marauder and Salome Ward's family had a Marauder until her father lost it in battle. There are some Wolf (and in Exile) connections to the Marauder.