Author Topic: Gun Trailers..........  (Read 1065 times)

bblaney

• Lieutenant
Gun Trailers..........
« on: 28 March 2018, 15:53:18 »
Ok, I have a few questions.

If designing a gun trailer, all it requires is a 10 rating engine, yes?

Also, what is the tonnage max for one?

Thanks!!!!!
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Re: Gun Trailers..........
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2018, 18:46:38 »
Well, that depends.

For example, you have a simple wheeled trailer stacked with RL-10s.  An engine is required only if the trailer is meant to operate independently, so, no.  Now, if that trailer carries an AC/10, it needs ammo.  Because it's a vehicle and ballistic weapons don't generate heat for vehicles, you don't need a heatsink or two.

Let's say it's a towed hardpoint for an infantry squad; lots of armor, a couple MGs in a turret, Infantry Bays, whatever.  What powers it?  You're driving away the generator and TGT computer on your tank.  It needs an engine with a rating of at least 10 to power it.

To the best of my knowledge, the mass of the trailer is irreverent.  Knock yourself out.  *Remember you don't necessarily need to pull it in a scenario, you could just use it as a temporary fortification.

...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder