Author Topic: Several AS Companies  (Read 2111 times)

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
Several AS Companies
« on: 18 January 2014, 20:51:10 »
In order to retain my sanity I have decided that, instead of painting all of my 'Mechs in the same color scheme for the old Merc regiment I had them for, I would organize them into different company-sized faction forces and paint them according to that. With that in mind, I have finished the preliminary organization and am curious what people think. I tried to keep them close to the lists that were printed in the AS book, but made some changes to fit my collection and faction availability. So here goes:

Lyrian Alliance:
Code: [Select]
Steiner Company (3067) Alpha Strike PV
Goliath 4S 19
Banshee 5S 21
Stalker 5S 16
Zeus 9S 14
Falconer 8R 22
Javelin 10F 8
Scorpion 12S 11
Hollander F3 10
Nightsky 4S 12
Clint 5U 13
Wolfhound 2 11
Commando 5S 6
Alpha Strike Points Total 163

Goliath and Scorpion are both the Reseen versions (and appropriate variants...)

Federated Suns:
Davion Company (3064) Alpha Strike PV
Rifleman 8D 18
Nightstar 9J 24
Rakshasa 1A 18
Jagermech III D3 15
Phoenix Hawk 3D 13
Enforcer III 6M 15
Hatchetman 5S 10
Enforcer 5D 13
Chameleon 7Z 15
Dart 4S 7
Stinger 5M 4
Javelin 10P 6
Alpha Strike Points Total 158

The Phoenix Hawk and Stinger are both Unseens. The Rifleman is the Reseen.

Word of Blake (Only a Level II, so it's about half the points of the others.)
WoB Alpha Strike PV
Phoenix Hawk 4L 14
Scorpion SCP-12C 13
Archer 8M 18
Battlemaster 4S 20
Assassin 21 7
Tarantula 7
Alpha Strike Points Total 79

All Reseens, except the Assassin and Tarantula. The Tarantula is any of the non-C3S variants, as they are all identical stat-wise in AS.

Nameless Mercenary Command, all units are from the C Tech Rating Column from Field Manual: Mercenaries (Clan Invasion, not the Fed Com Civil War Revised)
C Rated Clan Invasion Command Alpha Strike PV
Victor 9B 14
Awesome 9M 18
Jagermech DD 10
Hunchback 5M 11
Grasshopper 5J 14
Blackjack 2 11
Vindicator 1R 10
Panther 10K 8
Cicada 3M 8
Cicada 3M 8
Spider 5V 6
Locust 1V 4
Thunderbolt 5S 13
Centurion 9D 11
Griffin 1N 13
Commando 2D 5
Alpha Strike Points Total 164

Okay, so it's a Reinforced Company... It was the only way to reach the same Point Value as other forces. All of the mechs that can be Unseens are as such.

These are the four lists that I think are fairly solid, in that I have no big intentions of swapping them around at this point.
The next two lists are lists that I'm not entirely happy with.

Free World League:
Marik Alpha Strike PV
Orion M 14
Guillotine 5M 15
Battlemaster 3M 17
Jenner D 9
Longbow 12C 17
Catapult C1b 16
Archer 8M 18
Hermes II 5S 9
Wraith TR1 13
Tarantula 1 7
Spider 7/8M 6
Hunchback 5P 13
Alpha Strike Points Total 154

I don't like the Jenner there. The PV is the absolute lowest of the forces I have PV listed for. And I'm not fully sold on the Royal Catapult in the force, though it is a logical upgrade to the C1 Catapult with post-Helm technology, and is listed as available to IS General for Jihad era.

Draconis Combine
Kurita Alpha Strike PV
Atlas K 22
Longbow 7Q 16
Wolverine 8K 16
Cyclops 11-A-DC 15
Grand Dragon 5K 14
Dragon Fire 3F 19
Crab 27 12
Strider OC 9
Panther 10K 8
Panther 10K 8
Jenner K 9
Jenner K 9
Alpha Strike Points Total 157

A little low in PV, my issue with this is having two pairs of the same mech in the force. Granted, it's two pairs of iconic DCMS mechs, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

Finally, there's the incomplete Liao and the remainder of my 'Mechs.

Capellan Confederation
Liao
Longbow 12C
Thunderbolt 9M
Warhammer 8D
Catapult C1
Starslayer
Blackjack
Helios
Locust 1Vb
Wasp
Stinger

I need two more mechs to make it a full company, but I'm not sure what I can and should pull from my random remaining mech assortment:
Thunderbolt (Primitive)
Wasp (Primitive)
Nightstar
Axeman
Salamander
Berserker
Jagermech III
Zeus
Hatchetman
Stalker
Wolfhound
Wolfhound
Jenner
Panther

Plus that remaining company's worth of 'Mechs is awfully heavy for just being a Merc command. (The primitive Thud and Wasp are actually going to be used as their 3025 counterparts and as such, I'd rather not mix them with Unseens in the same company.)

Oh and finally, for my Total Chaos force, the Chaos March Irregulars (To be renamed the Brotherhood of Outreach, due to the existence of the Chaos Irregulars)

Griffin GRF-3M (Converted from the Reseen version.)
Locust LCT-1E (Using the Reseen version.)
Watchman WTC-4M
Gallowglas GAL-1GS

So, opinions on the lists? Anything seem glaringly out of place for their lists? Any advice on the FWL, DC, CC lists? And thoughts on the remaining 12 mechs?

Wasn't sure where to put this, but since I figured the other part of organizing them into companies was to use them with AS, I figured this would be the best forum for them.

Edit 1-19-14:
Actually, having looked at Sarna, I think I might find something other than the Cyclops to go in the DCMS list and move the Cyclops to the CCAF list. But then I'll have to replace it with something else... Tempted to spite my Davion list and put the other JagerMech III in the list. After all, it's available to them, and it's a funny thing to do.
« Last Edit: 19 January 2014, 14:43:08 by Azakael »

Register